“The place is absolutely beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
“The place is absolutely beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I loved staying at this resort. Right on the ocean, the beach is georgeous. We could even order lunch by the sea. And the drinks when you get thirsty . The service is impecable and friendly. I took some Yoga and Zumba classes, the instructors were very professional .
I would recommend this place to relax and rejuvenate . I will go back there as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Balcony facing the ocean is a must.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Tremendous 5 star property- amenities were fantastic (40 exercise classes/day - all types and levels, - thermal spas- all included with room) beautiful location, right on the beach ,fantastic beach service with towels, umbrellas, food and beverage service, 4 pools, great property layout. Stayed in a 2 room suite- was offered a complimentary upgrade at check in, but choose to decline (based on room readiness- personal choice) , Ingrid at guest services also checked me in an advised i sign up for leading hotels loyalty program- which offered comp. breakfast and late checkout (which we took advantage of , checked out at 4 pm thanks to Susan at Guest Services!)- All staff was extremely friendly courteous and attentive , suite was very very clean , all outside and spa areas were clean and tidy. We had dinner and a few lunches , food was fine- healthy, restaurant staff was great- quick , numerous local restaurants within walking distance for a change of pace- plus Supermarket across the street. certainly not a low budget getaway- but for the service and property location and upkeep- worth it!

Room Tip: suites are great, had a 2 room, partial view of ocean, higher floor (8) super quiet
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is the perfect place for a miami a getaway. The hotel is in north Miami beach about 25 min drive to south beach but still a great location. The hotel features great rooms some with small kitchens. It is right across the street from a publix supermarket so you can get all the food you want. The hotel features a great spa. 4 different pools and beach access just a few steps away. I had my daughter with me so families are welcome, but honestly it skews girlfriends, men's spa and Romantic couples. Gay friendly. Lots of places to lounge and just enjoy the weather. Only drawback is the nearby restaurant selection is limited and the hotel is a spa menu. Also not the action of south beach. So if you are looking for nightlife and skimpy attire you need a different hotel. Want to just chill in a beautiful surroundings then this is a great spot.

• Stayed March 2015
TheCarillon, General Manager at The Carillon Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear 913WorldTraveler,

Thank you for posting such an amazing review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are delighted to hear that you found The Carillon Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach the perfect place for a Miami getaway. Providing our guests with the most excellent service is our number one goal. We are very glad you and your daughter enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to seeing you again on your next “relaxing and chill getaway”!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I just celebrated a big birthday and brought my entire family to stay here for a long weekend. What fun. The kids all climbed the rock wall and so did two of the dads. There are 4 infinity pools, 2 of which were kid-friendly. The beach staff were helpful, gracious, quick to set us up and moved us when we requested it. All the staff was impressive and helpful: concierges, fitness instructors, spa desk. Classes here go on all day. I'm a tough critic of hotels and this one passed with five star colors.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear Beachlifewins,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. We are very happy you chose The Carillon Hotel & Spa as the place to celebrate your birthday. At The Carillon Hotel & Spa, our goal is to provide guests with outstanding service. We are ecstatic to hear that you and your family had a fun and wonderful time and found the beach staff, concierges, fitness instructors and spa desk impressive and helpful. Again, thank you for your support, we greatly appreciate it. We can’t wait to see you again!

Bernard Agache

PS. We love your profile name, and couldn’t agree more!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay here. Plus side, the pools were nice, we enjoyed lunch and breakfast - especially the coffee was very good, the spa is a must and highlight! Negative side, one of the pools was closed, one was always in the shade, the other two pools there was no music. The check in desk staff was a bit snobby and not very friendly. I get that they are going for relaxing environment but maybe one of the pools should be quiet and the one with the bar could have some music. It is vacation after all. Overall we were very happy to stay here and relax. The rooms/suite were nice. The restaurant and pool bar staff were great.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Maryld3,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled that your stay here at The Carillon Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach was enjoyable and relaxing. Our mission is to provide guests with excellent service; however, we are very disappointed to about your experience at the front desk. We will address your comments with the appropriate team members immediately. We thank you for your support. Looking forward to seeing you very soon!

philadelphia, pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just returned from a 5 day stay in March, 2015. We had a suite on the 4th floor, ocean view. It was nicely decorated. I see some bad reviews of the food. I believe this is because the restaurant serves low fat, low calorie food in keeping with the Spa/ Wellness concept. We had dinner there 2 nights and dined out the other nights. If you want great food, head for South Beach and you'll find plenty. Unfortunately, one of my credit cards was temporarily suspended when I arrived due to some fraudulent charges that were being investigated. This is the card I presented as I had used it to make my reservation. The card was declined. I pulled out another card which went through fine, but the woman looked at me like I was some sort of criminal. She threatened that if I didn't get the problem resolved by check out time, she would have to charge me more as my deal had to be processed on Am Ex only. Well, in 2 days the problems with the card were resolved. But when I came down to check out, I was again threatened with additional costs if my Am Ex card was declined. Before the woman could utter the whole sentence, I slapped down my card, and told her I had had just about enough of that treatment. If the GM is reading this, I suggest the whole reception staff be taken off the job, and re-trained on how to be sympathetic and understanding to a traveler who is experiencing a very common problem rather than being haughty. Would I come back? Probably, but I see that the Ritz Carlton is coming to Bal Harbor, and the Four Seasons is coming to Surfside so it would behoove the Carillon to clean up these problems now.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Carol4700,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a candid post. Here at The Carillon Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach we pride ourselves in treating the guests with the upmost respect and kindness and are very disappointed to hear of your experience at the reception. We will share your comments with the appropriate team members in order to ensure even better experiences for all of our guests.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

worst hotel experience ever! Food and service was terrible so bad we checked out early and checked into another hotel. Invited 10 of my friends for dinner at the hotel. Everyone hated the food. We paid the bill and said anything until the waitress asked one of my guest why he only ate a few bites. He said politely just didn't care for it. She humiliated him and began to tell him it was the best dish they have so it must be him. He was so insulted by her attitude. She then began to gossip about him to the other waitresses. The restaurant was empty on a Friday night for a reason. Your also not allowed to use your cell phone. They block the signal. If u are able to by pass there block and get on your phone they will rudely interrupt you and literally force you to get off your phone. Worst hotel ever!

• Stayed March 2015
Dear Falcon50falcon,

Thank you for considering The Carillon Hotel & Spa for your stay in Miami Beach. We are very disappointed to hear that you had decided to check out early. Providing our guests with the best service is our goal here at The Carillon Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach. Because this is a health and wellness destination, the use of cell phones in certain areas are prohibited to ensure peace and tranquility throughout our property. Many guests visit us in particular to experience a serene environment. However, we do offer plenty of spaces on the property that you may use your cell phones. Again, we thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Bernard Agache

Been to The Carillon Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!