“fantastic beach side spa resort” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“fantastic beach side spa resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Although the neighborhood isn't south beach (which is probably a good thing)the midbeach front location is more inline with a relaxing calming vacay! Which is just what we needed! The views are amazing! The service is top notch especially on the beach where Cody Segal and his team made our days perfect with our daily set up and lunch in the beach within a few feet of the crashing waves!! Cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a ocean view with a balcony
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
TheCarillon, General Manager at The Carillon Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear CPAMemphis,
Thank you writing such a wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that your experience here at The Carillon Hotel & Spa was a relaxing and calming vacations. Your kind words and feedback are greatly appreciated and important to us. We will let Cody know of how well he treated you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Bernard Agache

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Through the office of the Leading Hotels I have made a reservation at the Canyon Ranch Hotel in Miami, for a suite. A few days before my arrival I have received an e-mail saying that the Canyon Ranch bankrupted and now it would be the Carillon Hotel, under new management. I called the Leading Hotels people who assured me that I could go to the newly named hotel with no problems at all.
I followed their advice and this is my opinion.
The hotel is, obviously, changing management. You could feel this everywhere, from the personel (who did not know if they would be fired by the new management) to the services performed by its staff. The suite was OK. The breakfast was very poor... its buffet was one of the worse buffets I've seen in many years. Everything looked very tired... as if going back and forth to the refrigerator many times. The bread, no doubt, was "yesterday's bread"... In short, a disaster... The concierge was never at his post...They told me that at 6.00 pm he would leave and there was no one to substitute him. It took an average of 20 minutes to get our car from the valet, even considering that we always called him ahead of time.

In short: I do not know if this hotel shall continue to be a Leading Hotel. I would not , however, go there again.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite with a sea view.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was a bit skeptical at first. The doorman seemed too nice and helpful. The wellness concierge seemed too willing to help (yes, a concierge for all the fitness/wellness classes). But after the second day, everybody was extremely nice and professional. I need to workout when I travel, and the Carillon had a bunch of classes that I participated in and was very impressed, i.e., TRX training, yoga, a beach run, etc. Not to mention a juice bar! The rooms were large including a full kitchen. And the food was prepared in servings that didn't allow me to pack on the pounds. I will be bringing my work associates (and family) for retreats there shortly.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Michael P,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review. Our mission here at The Carillon Hotel & Spa is to provide guests with comfort and the best service. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our services, particularly the fitness classes, the juice bar and the food. Your wonderful comments are greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you in your future retreats.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was promptly greeted by the valet, and once inside had amazing service from all of the staff. I checked into the spa for the day, and had nothing short of a fabulous experience the entire day. The spa was beautiful, and HUGE! They had everything there -- multiple steam and sauna options, an igloo ice experience, herbal rooms, heated relaxation beds, jacuzzis, both large and even one for the feet! I'm forgetting everything they had, it was amazing. The facial was lovely, using Sisley products that felt wonderful. My face was glowing for days afterwards.
The food was impressive in the restaurant as well. They had a great range of entrees, but I chose a beautiful kale-peanut salad with grilled salmon, which was divine. The house-made ginger-blackberry lemonade was delightful, with real blackberries in it (not just a syrup).
I was quite impressed with the staff, from greeting to the very end, it seems they are happy to work there and take pleasure in making my visit a special one. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
TheCarillon, General Manager at The Carillon Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Kristina S,

Thank you for writing such an amazing review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here at The Carillon Hotel & Spa and enjoyed our many services—particularly the spa, Sisley facial and the restaurant. Our mission is to provide guests with wonderful service but also incorporate the importance of health and wellness. The restaurant focuses on creating delicious and healthy plates and we are very glad you found the house-made ginger-blackberry lemonade and the kale-peanut salad with grilled salmon delightful. Again, thank you for your love and support, we greatly appreciate it! Hope to see you soon.

Springfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

With the recent changes in management there is always a concern in the integrity of a property as an owner . In the case of our Beach and Beverage Staff the result was seamless ! Cody Siegel at the helm along with Aundre Deravil and Alfredo Beccerra are always available to assist . Tomas and Mike round out their excellent team . They make sure our family as well as our guests are always their top priority ! Food and Beverage servers Julio, Danice and Mackenzie are never far and keep my husband happy ! We cant express how fantastic they all are and how wonderful the experience is .

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear Sablosky,

We are ecstatic that your recent stay here at The Carillon Hotel & Spa was a wonderful experience. Though we are in the transition process, we are still dedicated to servicing our guests with the highest quality of services. We are very happy that you found the Beach and Beverage Staff seamless. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and will be passed along to Cody, Aundre, Alfredo, Tomas, Mike, Julio, Danice and Mackenzie. We hope to see you and your family very soon.

Woodstock, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first stay and I was very pleased with the overall experience-however, a better selection of vegan food would have been appreciated, what they have was not inspired.

The beach is gorgeous and not too crowded & the beach staff accommodating and friendly--especially Dennis Diaz who set up my chair & umbrella on the beach. He went above and beyond to make sure I was happy, even after I told him that I had forgotten my wallet in the room when I should have tipped him. I got his name so I could leave this review!

• Stayed February 2015
Dear Jenny B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Here at The Carillon Hotel & Spa we value our guests and their opinions. We are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your first experience here. Our goal is to give guests the best service. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and will be sent over to Dennis Diaz. Again, thank you again for your support. We look forward to seeing you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am an owner in the north tower and I think these two men have been excellent and services and professionalism thank you very much Louby Sean Louis and Aaron Davis on. This is an excellent property that ever one should come visit.

• Stayed February 2015
Dear Fransegal,
Thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review. We are thrilled to hear that as an owner in the north tower here at The Carillon Hotel & Spa, you have enjoyed our services. Your kind words will be sent over you Louby and Aaron. Again, thank you for the support. We hope you continue to enjoy your stay.

Bernard Agache

Been to The Carillon Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!