Through the office of the Leading Hotels I have made a reservation at the Canyon Ranch Hotel in Miami, for a suite. A few days before my arrival I have received an e-mail saying that the Canyon Ranch bankrupted and now it would be the Carillon Hotel, under new management. I called the Leading Hotels people who assured me that I could go to the newly named hotel with no problems at all.
I followed their advice and this is my opinion.
The hotel is, obviously, changing management. You could feel this everywhere, from the personel (who did not know if they would be fired by the new management) to the services performed by its staff. The suite was OK. The breakfast was very poor... its buffet was one of the worse buffets I've seen in many years. Everything looked very tired... as if going back and forth to the refrigerator many times. The bread, no doubt, was "yesterday's bread"... In short, a disaster... The concierge was never at his post...They told me that at 6.00 pm he would leave and there was no one to substitute him. It took an average of 20 minutes to get our car from the valet, even considering that we always called him ahead of time.
In short: I do not know if this hotel shall continue to be a Leading Hotel. I would not , however, go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A feast for your senses, The Carillon Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach offers inspiring healthy living opportunities in a stunning luxury hotel setting - plus easy access to everything an exciting city has to offer. Housed in the modernized and restored Carillon Hotel - a classic of Miami Modern architecture - our hotel will enchant you with its exquisite design and matchless views. Situated on more than 750 linear feet of uncrowded white beach, The Carillon Hotel & Spa is convenient to both Bal Harbour and South Beach. This all-suite hotel just 30 minutes from Miami International Airport is an oasis of tranquility, warmth and healthy living in one of the world's most vibrant cities. In a serene atmosphere of casual elegance, you can relax in your spacious, luxuriously appointed suite, float in a sparkling pool, savor healthy gourmet cuisine and organic wines and spirits at award-winning restaurant, work out in the largest and most beautifully appointed Spa in South Florida, and discover unsurpassed spa, fitness and health and wellness services. With its beautiful beach and menu of activities for parents and children, this splendid oceanfront hotel also offers a taste of healthy living experience for families. From morning walks on the beach and the thrill of our two-story indoor rock-climbing wall to integrative health experts to advise and inspire you, you'll find endless ways to reawaken your spirit and refresh your soul at The Carillon Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, our Miami Beach boutique hotel offers an abundance of choices. In this magnificent oceanfront setting, kick back and relax, get outside and play, or explore our holistic approach to health and wellness with top experts to guide you. You can also take advantage of our legendary signature spa services that are conveniently offered a la carte to fit your schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Carillon Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Ranch Hotel And Spa Miami Beach
- Canyon Hotel Miami Beach
- Canyon Resort Miami Beach