“Another Amazing Stay at the Ranch!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Midweek Breather
Ranked #8 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Another Amazing Stay at the Ranch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed at Canyon Ranch Miami several times before and although i can see areas that can be improved upon, i ultimately continue to thoroughly enjoy my stay and experience and always hate to leave and look forward to my next stay. Addison, the MOD is outstanding and a great addition to the team and always in tune with the guest experience and stepping in when necessary to make the guest feel special. The spa and fitness areas are spectacular and the attendants are excellent. Unfortunately there didn't seem to be as many classes as in the past and many seemed geared to beginners or the elderly. Meredith, Lea and Adam were all fabulous as usual and really pushed me to new levels and even a few new personal bests in spinning class! The team on the beach were outstanding as were the housekeepers! The food in the restaurant at lunch was great but we ordered room service one evening and unfortunately all of it was terrible with some of the food (flat bread) looking completely different than what we have had in the restaurant. Additionally, it was extremely salty. Something i am hoping you will look into before our next stay. Overall, our experience was outstanding and we certainly will come back and look forward to some positive changes under the new management.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Canyon Ranch Miami is top notch in service and hospitality. Cody, manager of pool services, provides the best of service to Canyon Ranch guests! He is extremely attentive with perfect attention to detail...caring for your every need....We will come often!!!

• Stayed December 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed at and reviewed Canyon Ranch Miami beach before, but since that was awhile ago I thought I would comment on my recent visit. Additionally the recent reviews have me stumped as I cannot believe that the comments written could possibly be about the same place I just spent a few nights.

As before, the valet is disorganized and slow. Ashan was nice and quick to open the door upon arrival, but it was downhill after that. I waited 15 minutes to retrieve my car when I headed out to a meeting in the middle of the day with no one else around. Five young guys standing around and no one seemed to know where the car was. Inefficient service and yet they now charge even more.

The hotel lobby and rooms are starting to feel dated. Things, while clean, are showing wear and tear. Lounge chairs have torn cushions and the overall decor needs an overhaul. I read about the changes in ownership that will be occurring so perhaps they have been waiting for updates until that takes place. Saying the place is "state of the art" as one recent reviewer did is just crazy.

Quite frankly the fitness classes and spa are the only truly distinguishing part of this facility and I found that the instructors that were good before (Meredith, Susie and Adam) continue to be the strength of the program. I avoided classes with the instructors I knew to be bad and the few new ones were unimpressive. Alex, the awesome trainer I had before is gone which was another disappointment. Hopefully they will do some weeding out of the bad instructors and bring in some real talent like they have at the other Canyon Ranch facilities. I am surprised Canyon Ranch doesn't demand the same high quality instruction at all of their locations. It is a denigration of their name and brand!

The food continues to be abominable and the service in the dining room equally poor. The restaurant was almost empty and yet it STILL takes forever to get food and attention. I just don't understand why they can't provide better food and service. There seems to be plenty of staff. Someone isn't doing their job!!

Best part of the stay was the beach and pool ( except for the torn cushions on the chairs at the spa pool). Jeff who heads the beach operation was so nice and friendly. He even seemed to remember me from my past visit. He set me up personally and made sure everything was perfect (apologizing for no umbrellas due to the wind that day!). He and his whole beach crew were so nice and accommodating. Much more so than the rest of the staff at the hotel. Nahalia (sp?) set me up at the pool with a smile, but what was so impressive was that she did not sit down once while I was there When I looked up from my book or from my water aerobics class (which was awesome!) she was cleaning around the deck, straightening chairs, folding towels....What a work ethic! THAT is unique in Miami!

Overall I love the location of Canyon Ranch Miami Beach away from the crowds of South Beach, but I continue to find myself a bit disappointed. The place could be SO AMAZING and yet it continues to fall short because of issues that are easily fixable. Perhaps new management can bring the hotel up to the quality it can and should be.

Room Tip: avoid west side because of the street noise on Collins Avenue. South facing rooms have beach views...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

As a resident of Canyon Ranch Miami Beach there are several things we look for . Great location,great spa and the wonderful beach ! However all those things are great but not without the people who make our experience wonderful . One of those people is Cody who is a present fixture on the beach and pool area . Walkie Talkie in hand he is always there to provide the utmost in professionalism

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have never written a review before, but I joined TripAdvisor solely for the purpose of sharing the news about my most recent stay at the Miami Beach Canyon Ranch.

I didn't have enough time to take advantage of the entire resort, but the beach staff - Jeff in particular - were absolutely wonderful. They were attentive to my friends and I, got us situated and comfortable every day, and made every moment of our time by the water feel luxurious.

This is a luxury hotel, so of course I expect good service, but Jeff (and Rhodes? he was great too) spend their days running - literally running - through the sand to bring towels, drinks, snacks, sunscreen, etc. They absolutely went above and beyond and turned our trip into something special.

I wasn't able to eat food at the ranch beyond some snacks by the beach, which was fine, but nothing to write home about. The views are breathtaking, spa amenities nice (robes are very plush and the ladies locker room area is quite clean and smells amazing), and classes okay, but our time spent on the beach was by far the best part.

Thanks to Jeff and his team for making my first stay at Canyon Ranch Miami beach a great one. You guys deserve more than just my praise!

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the ocean, the street view isn't as relaxing (and you can hear the traffic...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Summit, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The only reason I am giving this resort 4 stars instead of 5 is the food.

Breakfast Buffet: The scrambled eggs served in a chipped Le Creuset pot, next to potatoes in another Le Creuset chipped pot was downright unappealing (maybe they were going for the rustic campout look?). Also the yogurt and meat station was not pleasing to look at.

Lunch: bland. PLEASE put a small bowl of sea salt on the table, a small amount of salt is good for the diet. I don't want to have to ask for a salt shaker for my avocado every a.m. (and I don't like iodized salt).
Kale salad had no flavor, even with the added chicken. Same goes for the cucumber feta salad (where was the cucumber? served with some out of season tomatoes).
Turkey club on the beach on white toast, miserable. Black bean quesadilla, flavorless.
The rest of the week we bought our lunch at Publix across the street and brought it to the beach.

We never ventured into the restaurant for dinner, because the food just wasn't up to the standards of this wonderful hotel, which is a shame, because we had to spend $40 every night in a cab to dine rat other restaurants (which was fine, we had some amazing dinners.....The Cypress Room, Scarpetta and Yardbird).

Wifi never really worked that well, but we shouldn't be working on our computers anyway! We should be relaxing!

The Bar: Great bartender, Gloria, what a lovely gal. We visited her nightly for a cocktail before venturing out to Midtown (Design District), where all the happening restaurants are . They only had Hendricks gin, so if you are a gin drinker, don't bother (I understand, this is a healthy environment, and they aren't promoting alcohol). Wine list pretty sad too........I guess I want it all! Worth going to the bar though, just to have a drink with Gloria!

NOW FOR THE GREAT! (sorry I even had to complain!)

The service. 5 stars. Better than any Four Seasons Hotel or SLH hotels we have stayed.
Everyone knew our name and greeted us daily, including the servers in the dining room.

The beach and pool managers were friendly and were sincere. They seemed to really love their jobs. I was stung by a man-o-war and had to see the hotel doctor. Even she was the BEST internist! I want to come back to Canyon Ranch for my yearly physicals with Dr. Koffler! Every day the guys at the beach and pool asked how my foot was doing. So nice.

The concierges, Matt & Guillermo were the best. Making dinner and car service reservations as well as recommendations for us. These 2 gentleman were wonderful.

The beach is beautiful, and easily accessible from the hotel. The grounds are lovely and well maintained.

The suites are spacious and comfortable. Linens and beds super comfortable. Had a great night's sleep for a week!
Cleanest rooms I have ever been in. Twice daily maid service and I swear, it looked like they ironed my clothes (but they just folded them!).

The spa was top notch. They have every class you can imagine, and it is all included in your rate.
They have a health center and even a rock climbing wall! 4 pools, some with sun, and some with shade.

This was the perfect Miami hotel for us, off the beaten path, 40 blocks from the noise and craziness of South Beach, yet only 10 minutes away by car if you want it. A great hotel for couples or girls' spa weekend.

Wish I had a balcony so I could enjoy that fresh Florida air everyday, but I don't think the hotel has any, will inquire next time.

I will be coming back to Canyon Ranch because of the great service we received. Really made me love Miami again.

Thank you everyone at Canyon Ranch Miami. xo

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I like this resort/spa as a go to place for a laid back spa experience. I also go here when in Miami on business because it is far from the hubbub and an oasis in the middle of Art Basel. This year my husband joined me so things were a little different. We decided not to rent a car so we would not have to deal with parking and fees. We landed in Fort Lauderdale and the cab was about 85 dollars plus tip, the hotels' car service was 135 dollars plus tip and later we found a cab that drove us around all day for a few dollars less. The hotel has a bus during the thursday to sunday of the fair with morning and evening hours but no afternoon and there is no hotel car. Our room was ready when we arrived and since I booked on American Express we were given the upgrade to side ocean view. I really appreciated this as the northeast is only getting colder; however, it rained and was windy all week. No problem because I had to go to all the fairs. My favorite part of this hotel is the ocean and the pool with the ocean view. We went directly to the spa and had massages to unwind from the plane and the treatments were absolutely wonderful. Always a good idea when staying in a hotel with spa. The rooms are spacious and modern with a living area and kitchen. We ran across the street to Publix to get supplies. I like to do this on arrival so I can relax. I wonder if you can have the hotel stock up for you. Going to Publix is a happy south Florida experience so I really don't mind.My husband was very upset that the wifi did not work in the room and since he had business to conduct it was not relaxing to have to go to the lobby. There were a couple of things that needed adjustment in the room but they were taken care of immediately. Breakfast was ok with fresh fruit, yoghurt pastry and eggs that were not appetizing. How about someone making omelets? That might help. We ate in our room the rest of the trip because my husband was underwhelmed and I didn't mind the extra down time. I had a private instructor the next day give us a minimum routine so we could work our way back to fitness. She was patient and good however we were individually charged instead of sharing. This is not all inclusive and there are charges for everything. I had my hair done and it took longer than expected. I was well treated in the salon and the stylist did a good job . I had ordered a cab to go to a VIP event. We were asked to get there early to do a meet and greet with the celebrity. I ordered a cab. I was 5 minutes late coming downstairs. No one called. I assumed the cab was waiting for us with the meter running. NO CAB. They gave it to someone else. They did not ask the cab to wait and start the meter. TOO BAD UNLUCKY GUEST PAYING HIGHER RATE FOR ART BASEL. I was livid. There was no hotel car to remedy the situation. My husband and a mother of two young children (her cab was gone too) ended up on the street in wind and pouring rain trying to hail a cab. This was totally unacceptable. In the middle of this a guest comes in and sees me distraught and comments to the doorman , "Oh those art dealers and rolls his eyes". Well it turned out that the whole evening was ridiculous because a bridge broke and fell on a yacht and the traffic was indescribable. The celebrity was also late which made the whole evening late and parking impossible at a VIP opening. Thank goodness for the intelligent bartender who got us some dinner at 5 of eleven and made sure that we went to sleep happy. That young lady should be promoted. I am a very demanding guest. I travel frequently around the world and expect what is considered a first class resort to be consistent. Every year things improve except the transportation situation. I have been here with a car, without a car, with a driver, without a driver but somehow none of it is easy once you hit the front door.The weather made it more difficult and the Art Basel traffic is always ridiculous. I would suggest coming here in the off season. It is a little less hectic .

Room Tip: ask for a high floor, ocean view. If you don't want to spend the money go to high floor city vie...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!