“Absolutely amazing property matched by an even better staff” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
One More Night
Ranked #10 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Absolutely amazing property matched by an even better staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

it is funny when you go over the reviews left by other guests and u see nothing but 'EXCELLENT' over and over again, and then you run into one that has between 1 and 3 stars and they say how horrible the staff was, how horrible the location was. (i.e. I mean we are just way to close to the beach, the sound of waves is too disturbing and makes it hard to sleep at night). as a person with some common sense you can obviously see that the person writing this bad review is just a miserable person who would not be happy anywhere. and constantly complains to the staff because they actually cannot afford this hotel so they keep asking for free stuff. that being said I found the property to be AMAZING. beautiful building. rooms are pricey but you get 30 fitness classes daily that require no extra cost. and the front desk staff is fabulous. Especially Nenad. this young man knows what above and beyond means and he definitely makes a lengthy check in process one of the best I have ever experienced. Same is to be said about Jessica (also an MOD on the property.) meeting nenad at check in I didn't need to interact with anyone else. He gave away his business card at check in and whenever I needed something a short email with my request gets the Job done. Concierge is also 5 star. Billy, Mathew Robert and Randy are all on the top of their game and will def give you some great recommendations. they were all in the loop of what I have requested so even though I dealt with all 4 throughout my stay they were all in the loop and knew exactly who I was and what I have spoken to Billy about the day before. AMAZING. having such a wonderful location is one thing, but its the staff that really makes this place a 5 star property. the prices might seem high but what other hotel will offer you 30 fitness classes per day, a beautiful spa(aquavana.. look it up online. it is unreal) comp parking with certain packages, comp breakfast w/certain pckgs, and a 100$ hotel credit(especially if you book with your amex platinum) the best thing is its close to south beach but still far enough away from all the madness...... DEFINATELY WILL BE BACK. ASK for Nenad and Jessica if you call ahead of time. they will definitely make you feel special. oh and Marcia (guest relations manager) amazing accent and so personable. so to those miserable people.. get a life. there is no way your check in process/service was awful. how could you not love this place?? consumers out there that read these. when 96% of people tell you that it is EXCELLENT listen to them and not to the poor 4% that say otherwise. Thank you for an amazing stay. PS> Houskeeping takes 1.5 hours to clean a room before the guests arrives, most hotels average is 20 to 30 minutes, I guarantee you will not find anything wrong with your service. HSK manager (very hard name, starts with a G was the sweetest nicest lady ive ever encountered in any hsk department)..

Room Tip: if you book with your amex plat you get one level up comp upgrade, 100$ hotel credit, comp breakfast...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Philippe P, Director of Sales at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear jason r,
What an absolutely amazing review! Thank you for your thorough recap of your stay with us and for pointing out those employees that really made your stay even more enjoyable. We are so thrilled to see that you found your stay AMAZING and that our staff went above and beyond for you. We will be sure to share your kind words with the team and look forward to having you back with us very soon.

Philippe Parodi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Canyon Ranch Miami was just what my wife and I needed. We were there from a Monday through Friday.
We got a thorough evaluation, and they mapped out an exercise and diet program that we can stick with.
The food in the restaurant was perfect. All of the staff was friendly and cared about our service and well-being. The spa was wonderful. I was there every day.

Dear David K,

We are so pleased to reach that you and your wife's stay with us was just what you needed. It seems as though the two of you had personalized experiences through our health and wellness teams, as well as at the restaurant and spa. So glad to see you enjoyed the spa facilities daily! We look forwrad to welcoming you both back soon.
Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I would have rated this property much higher, however, I found everything from booking my three overpriced subpar massages to organizing a late check out absolutley onerous. I've never had such poor service from a 5 star hotel in this regard. Whomever is handling this is clearly not customer service focused. The check in staff were on the verge of being outright rude, the spa and medical bookings were terrible, so much that I took my business elsewhere. I booked a client visit for three people off season @ 200 a massage and they treated us as if it were an incredible favor to allow the clients on property for an additional 75$ fee. Then in the spa, they completely embarassed me in front of my clients and told them they weren't properly checked in - again in a very snotty manner. I think the probem is the booking services and the place isn't sales oriented, which is counterintuitive. I spent 4K at Canyon Ranch in 5 days, so I did spend a significant amount of money there and believe I should have recieved a superior service. That being said, the gym and classes are fantastic. The aquavina spa is gorgeous and very clean. All of the non booking / reception staff were adorable. It is clearly the booking and reception staff that are subpar. Another note, Canyon Ranch is rather isolated and the surrounding area isn't Bal Harbor, rather a dubious section of Miami Beach, so it is worth noting this will be an isolated vacation and a cab ride is requisite.

Room Tip: The rooms are very nice - they are all suites, mine was overlooking a very ugly supermarket though...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear chris j,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our lovely property, the fitness classes and our healthy cuisine. We greatly value your business and have shared your review with our team.
We regret to see that you experienced any inconveniences at our spa, that level of service does not meet Canyon Ranch standards. We strive to create amazing experiences for each and every one of our guests and do hope you will consider us for a future stay.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel is such a gem. Such friendly staff and sooooo relaxing. It's a short cab ride to the vibrant South Beach area - and such a lovely place to come back to every evening.

The spa is one of the best I've experienced - try the appropriately cold igloo room. I also tried an early morning yoga session, which was in a studio that looks out across to the pool and sea. Bliss.

I'm gluten- and diary- free and they were able to accommodate me really easily, too.

I would definitely recommend - and would love to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear DawnieNYC,
Thank you so much for your review! We loved reading it.
So happy that you were able to relax and enjoy our amazing spa and yoga classes. We are also more than happy to accomodate your specific dietary requests, and glad you enjoyed our restaurant. We look forward to seeing you and your friends again soon.

manhasset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

From the moment you reach the front door of the hotel you feel that you are welcome guest. The beach, the pools, the classes, and the spa were all terrific! The attention to detail was impeccable. Went for a mother/daughter trip and we both loved it!. The staff will set up beach or pool lounges for you or bring you lunch on the beach. In the spa we had water or tea brought into us while in the sauna on a tray. It is those details that sets this property apart from many. We got a one-night- free package with 3 paid nights and visited in June so the cost was not a high as usual. I hope to return.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean palm room. Nice view and much less costly the the Ocean front room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Philippe P, Director of Sales at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear lomac115,

We are so pleased to see your review and that you received exceptional service during your stay with us.
Mother/daughter trips are so very special and we are honored that you chose to spend this quality time together at Canyon Ranch. It seems the both of you really enjoyed every little detail from the beach to the spa.
We look forward to having you both back very soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is second time I was there. I'm a vegetarian and gluten free and their restaurant can certainly accommodate me. Facilities are great and this time I tried out the spa.
Lost a bag with some shoes in a cab and loss prevention has even tried to help me track the driver of the cab down. Much appreciated that.
Spent 4 nites there and paid for three.
Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Bruce B,
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. We are so happy that you chose to stay with us once again and that we are able to accommodate your specific dining preferences.
It is also a pleasure to see that our staff tried to help you locate some lost items. We do hope to see you again very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times and plan to return. The aquavana spa is best we have experienced and you can enjoy it all day every day without a treatment. The spa is well staffed and they all are very helpful and keep the facilities clean and safe (and it's nice when they walk around offering spa drinks such as green tea, pear juice and ginger). We both got massages during our staff and found the therapists to be very experienced and professional. If you get massages regularly you will like these. The dining room and bar staff are always super friendly and we were surprised to have so many of them tell us "welcome back" even though it has been six months since our last visit. The restaurant is great about accommodating my gluten free diet (though I would always be happy to see more GF and vegan menu options). The food was the most pleasant surprise this trip. They brought back artichoke fries and lavosh--these are minor details but are a comfort to come back to each trip. Kudos to the chef and kitchen staff. We also went to some of the highly rated Miami restaurants during our trip (khong river house, pubbelly and cypress room) and the restaurant can hold its own against these places. They should promote the wine list more. We just found out about it this trip after five years and it's better than the regular menu options. The porters and pool staff are very nice and friendly. The gym us huge and classes plentiful and not too crowded this time of year. The one word of caution would be to keep an eye on room maintenance. The first suite we were offered needed renovation. Finally special thanks to manager Jessica who took care of a check in problem for us and took good care of us all week.

Room Tip: Rooms above the fifth floor have best views
Dear Pcjaensch1,

Thank you so much for this excellent review.
We greatly value your business and are happy to have had you back.
It is with much pleasure to see your satisfaction with many of our offerings such as the spa, restaurant and gym, and that you received exceptional service from our staff, including Jessica from the front desk.
We will share your kind words with our team.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon

Philippe Parodi

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!