“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Indianapolis
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was one of the best I ever stayed in but the spa was something I never seen I've stayed all over the world but the canyon hotel is the best stayed at the fountainblue hotel no class what so ever canyon I would recommend highly if u can afford it

• Stayed February 2014
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear bigmoneycash,

Thank you very much for your "excellent" review. We are so pleased to see that you feel our hotel is one of the best that you have every stayed in - we strive to deliver exceptional service and impeccable facilities in order for each of guests to have the best possible vacation. We are also happy to see that you had a one-of-a-kind experienec at our spa.

We hope that you return soon to enjoy all that we have to offer again soon.

487 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Thanks Canyon Ranch for the phenomenal and relaxing weekend. Our oceanfront suite was great, with plenty of space to stretch out and feel at home. The room was spotless and a delight to relax in, but with property as great as this, we didn't need to be there often. The beach is at your doorstop with attentive attendants ensuring a relaxing stay on padded lounge chairs and a properly secured umbrella to match. The numerous pools were easy to lose time at while reading a book and enjoying great poolside service for drinks and light lunches. The restaurant offered great views and tasty lighter food. While not every course is a winner, most were well prepared, and offered a great variety of flavors for the adventurous palate. My favorite was the tenderloin and artichoke crab dip. The desserts are smaller portions, appropriate to a more health conscious locale such as this, but I loved the banana custard as it was just enough to hit the spot.

The Spa made up the bulk of our time while at CR Miami. The check in staff was always friendly and helpful. The men's spa area offered an incredible array of enjoyable saunas, steam rooms, environmental showers, Jacuzzi, and more. It was easy to get a great workout in, and transition seamlessly into the wonderful spa available to all guests and just let the stress melt away. This is all before heading downstairs to take advantage of the great spa services that range from the ordinary massage to the extraordinary "rituals" based on multi-cultural heritages the world over. Some of them simply had to be tried to be believed, my favorites were the 4-handed massage and the "Tropical Rain Shower" full body treatment. All the therapists were well trained, friendly, involved, and dedicated to giving a great service. It was an incredibly relaxing, warm and wonderful way to spend a couple hours letting the world outside melt away.

Thanks CR for a great trip in the middle of a dull northeast winter. This is one to remember.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Eric P,
Thank you for taking your time to write up this fantastic recap of your experience with us.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything from your ocean front suite to a 4-handed massage! It sounds like the perfect getaway from the north east winter - trading snow for sand!
We are looking forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Arlington, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I spent 4 wonderful nights at Canyon Ranch Miami. The staff was helpful, gracious and went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying our stay. The room was beautiful with an amazing ocean view. The spa services were the best we ever had. The therapists were very knowledgeable and tailored each service to meet our needs/desires. The food was healthy and delicious.

I could not have asked for more. We got our money's worth and more with this trip. We look forward to returning in the future!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Alex H,

We are so honored that you chose to spend your anniversary with us!
It is such a pleasure to see that you enjoyed you beautiful ocean view room, spa service and delicious cuisine!

We look forward to hosting you for many more anniversaries to come.

North Wales, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The food was outstanding - every meal! But it was very pricey and is not included with the cost of the stay, as it is at the other CR properties. The resort staff was very friendly and accommodating. While I prefer the full-immersion of the Lenox & Tuscon CR properties for a total wellness experience, this was a wonderful way to combine a relaxing hotel stay at the beach with some of the amenities that CR offers. I will definitely be returning for another visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mel_S128,

Thank you so much for your amazing review.
We greatly value your loyalty to Canyon Ranch.
We are so glad to see that you enjoyed our healthy cuisine at every meal and were able to relax. We look forward to seeing you back again for your next visit.

Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Spent four days at Canyon Ranch Spa in Miami with two friends.

The "good" aspects of my visit included the great classes, the exceptional fitness instructors, the pristine beach, and the great weather while we were there (Canyon Ranch can't really take credit for the weather).

The "weird" aspects of my visit is that the property is both a hotel and condos - so many classes have condo owners/residents, many of whom were not friendly and almost resentful of the guests. I had one resident tell me that I should be grateful that through his condo fees he was underwriting my experience. You need to arrive in time for the morning "Zumba" class to get a "number" and the residents quickly make sure they have the prime spaces in the class. I took a stretch class in the beautiful ocean front studio and hadn't even rolled up my exercise mat when several residents were already jockeying for spaces in the next Zumba class. If I were to go to Canyon Ranch again, I would likely try for one of the other locations that does not have this dichotomy.

The "bad" aspects of my trip were the lack of a visible overall manager and terrible service in the restaurant. The breakfast buffet is lovely and generous with the offerings but the service was slow and inept. Overall, the property would benefit from a more engaged concierge staff. No one seemed to be "in charge" of my experience except for me after I checked in. Considering how much I was paying for the experience, I would have assumed a much more engaged level of service.

Canyon Ranch Spa Miami does have a very active and engaged marketing team so I imagine that this review will be quickly followed by a response from them saying they are on top of it and regret the aspects of my experience that weren't superb.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are spectacular
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I recently visited Canyon Ranch, Miami for a spa day and had an exceptional experience. I received several treatments and found each of the specialists to be top notch! Very personable, knowledgeable and genuinely interested in me and what I was trying to accomplish. I received acupuncture from Jessica Ellerman. She asked very thoughtful questions which gave her enough information to administer a treatment that addressed my physical issues. Natanza gave me the best manicure. My hands were in rough shape and she spent more time than what was allotted to get them looking beautiful. She is very focused on quality and also gave me pointers on what to look for (and expect) from a manicure back home!. Michael Elliot, my hair stylist did an amazing job on my long, temperamental hair. Michael is the one to see if you live or visit the Miami area! Finally, Nadine performed facial imaging on my skin and gave me an amazing Oxygen Boost facial. I have been back in the frigid New England weather for several days and I am still getting compliments on the glow of my skin and how good it looks. I can’t forget my dining experience. I am very picky when it comes to food-- especially salads. I am a big eater and they must be a good size! I had the Kale Caesar salad and it was filling. It was the perfect size and had just the right amount of dressing. I also enjoyed the black bean hummus. It was very healthy, tasty and filling as well. Cheers to the chef for such a scrumptious menu. I can not wait to go back again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ljgp0509,

Wow - what a fantastic recap of your outstanding spa day with us! It is so nice to see you had enjoyed such a thorough experience from acupuncture to facial imaging. We will be sure to share your "glowing" comments with our staff here. We look forward to seeing you again soon - perhaps when you feel like escaping the frigid New England weather again.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here for business last november.
The weather in november in miami is great!
Canyon Ranch is a must for anyone interested in wellness, spa, well being. They can offer you any treatment, classes or advise you need.
A nice bunch of facilities are accessible complimentary.
They have two swimming pools and beach, direct access, no street crossing.
I will definitely go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fedeati,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We agree, November weather in Miami is beautiful! And, it is good to see you were able to take advantage of our spa and wellness facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Philippe Parodi

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!