“AMAZING !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Lewisville, Texas
“AMAZING !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I can't wait to return!! Before we even arrived, the staff was so awesome! Checking with us via email for any special needs and appointments... When we checked in, can I just tell you how welcoming and accommodating everyone was? The Suite, with the AMAZING view, was nothing short of Gorgeousness! The restaurant was soooooooo good! I loved every meal! The freshest fish, the clean eating, Gluten Free options, it was all spectacular. The massage I had was very therapeutic and just what I needed. Nicholas Vasaturo and his team, were the BEST! I can't thank them enough for such an amazing getaway!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Dawnette A,

Thank you for your AMAZING review! We truly value each guests expereinec with us, even starting before you arrive!

We will make sure to let the restaurant, spa and sales team know how much you enjoyed each of them.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon for another amazing getaway!

437 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Hartland, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had three days of business meetings in Miami and thought Her Ladyship would enjoy the exercise and spa facilities at Canyon Ranch while I was dealing with software engineers elsewhere. Reservation for four nights made via the hotel's website, confirmed, and deposit paid.

When we arrived the hotel the porte cochere looked a bit shabby and dark. We were the only guests arriving at the time, yet we were hurried -- in a frantic rather than efficient manner -- to get bags out of our car, receive valet parking ticket, etc. I felt like I was at the loading-and-unloading zone of LAX, about to get a ticket if I didn't move at quick time.

We went through the lobby double doors -- both with flecking paint -- and sat down at a gnarly wooden desk to check in. Because we'd just been on the road for five hours, I sat while Her Ladyship stood behind me.

The young, officious desk clerk gave me a "release" to sign. It was a full page of tiny six-point type, and (based upon my cursory reading) talked about doctor's consultations and a full general release. This seemed very unusual for a hotel -- but, in principle, I was happy to read it and sign it (if it made sense). Miss Officious didn't give me much of a chance to read it: instead she then explained that Her Ladyship would also need to sign her own "release" and that that this was typical at all hotels.

Huh? I've traveled for 50+ years and have stayed in thousands of hotels all over the world -- and can't recall ever being asked for all guests to sign a "release." Nevertheless, I was still prepared to read it and for both of us to sign separately, and I explained this to Miss Officious. I understood (or at least thought I understood) that Canyon Ranch was different, and that spa usage, etc., were part of the shtick. So in these circumstances perhaps the "release" made sense.

Rather than remaining quiet and allowing me to read the "release," Miss Officious continued to engage in a debate with Her Ladyship about this form and how "typical" it was. At this point, I asked to please speak with her manager.

After a brief wait, out came Miss Officious #2 (Gloria), whose card indicates she's a "Hotel Director"). I asked if I could please speak with her without Miss Officious #1 hovering around -- but, no, I was told that wasn't possible. This apparently was going to be a 2-on-2 debate, rather than a customer service opportunity. I asked to please speak with the General Manager (I understand his name is Bernard) but he was in a meeting.

I have learned, in life, that if something is problematic from the git go -- it's often a warning that things aren't going to get better. I said we'd probably be happier elsewhere, and asked for a copy of the "release" and the refund of our deposit.

After a very long wait -- while were left at the desk in the lobby -- they agreed to the deposit refund but wouldn't give me a copy of the "release" because I hadn't signed it. Our stay at Canyon Ranch lasted about 45 minutes, all of it spent in the lobby.

If, atypically, they have a comprehensive "release" that needs to be signed by all parties upon check-in I have no problem with that -- but a draft copy should be sent by the hotel prior to arrival so the 6-point type can be read in advance, and even forwarded to your attorney if you're so inclined. From what little I saw, this "release" is fairly comprehensive -- and some guests may be uncomfortable giving such a complete "release."

What were they trying to hide? If they thought this "release" was nothing out of the ordinary, why not give me a copy? Or give me five copies? In their e-mail confirmation, under the heading "Room/Rate Terms and Conditions," there is no mention of a "release." Nor is there any mention in a second e-mail entitled "Welcome to Canyon Ranch." Why not send a copy as an e-mail attachment?

Perhaps, if someone from hotel management reads and responds to this unfavourable review, they can post a link to the "release" so that potential guests can read it.

We went elsewhere and had a wonderful stay in a new luxury resort -- and not a "release" in sight.

If I want officiousness, I can get that at my local Post Office.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Sir:
We are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied, however, we do not feel that your review embodies a true guest’s experience with us.

It is our understanding that you had refused to sign our standard hotel documents, which include a registration card, commonly used at hotels worldwide, as well as our non-smoking policy. As a health conscious hotel, we are extremely strict about this for the wellbeing of our guests as well as staff.

We hope the remainder of your stay in the Miami area met your expectations.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We're locals, and we came to Canyon Ranch Miami Beach for a mini-spa getaway. We first inquired about day rates for the spa. $295 per person. So we asked about room rates. For our dates, they had a city view suite for $565/night, which allowed you (2 guests) use of the spa, pools, beach, and fitness classes for 2 days- all day the day you check in, and all day the day you check out. Oh, and that came with free parking, free breakfast, and a $50 spa credit. Hardly makes sense to charge more for 2 people to use the spa for one day ($590) than you charge for 2 people to use the spa for two days AND occupy a large suite ($565), but ok, we'll take the room!

The room was huge, nicely decorated, had great beds, a nice soaking tub, and a kitchen w/ fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The spa, pools (there are 3), and beach are all fantastic. The service was excellent throughout the property. The breakfast buffet wasn't too appealing, but the a la carte entrees were really good, as were the smoothies. We will definitely be back to enjoy this property again in the future!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Firstly, we loveyourusernamebaby! So glad you stayed with us and enjoyed the many facilities and amenities we have to offer! Since your our neighbor we hope you return soon, even if its for a meal.
And, the next time you stay with us, we will have to make sure someone shows you the 4th pool!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Canyon Ranch has awesome amenities and a super chill/helpful staff. It's an awesome place to get away from reality and pamper yourself. Hit up Aquavana after a day at the beach, you won't regret it. I highly recommend this place. This is not a party spot though. Great healthy food, drinks and all the fitness classes you can dream of. Go rock climbing too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ralph N,

We really enjoyed reading your review! It seems you were truly able to enjoy your Canyon ranch experience - including the rock wall!

We truly value you taking the time to let others know about your relaxing weekend with us and we do hope to see you again soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Canyon Ranch knows what it is doing. I've visited multiple times and found their massages to be consistently better than any I have gotten elsewhere. At less than $200 for an hour treatment they are also a surprisingly good deal. Don't think twice about splurging.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear keresch,

Thank you so much for this amazing review.
We truly value your business and faith in us that we will always deliver exceptional service.

We look forward to seeing you again soon for your next treatment.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I discovered Canyon Ranch through The Leading Hotels of the Word and stayed 5 nights.
Service quality and attitude of every individual (Receptionists, Concierges, Waiters, Bar tenders, Beach assistants,etc.) is great!
The agenda is full of activities from 7AM until 6PM...I enjoyed the beach, and specially the Zumba! sessions, lots of fun and aerobics!!!

Room Tip: An ocean view room... Sun rises at 7 in October, so I left the curtains open and waked up with a mar...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Oscar427,

Thank you for this wonderful review! We are so glad that you chose to stay here with us and that you received excellent service from each of our employees.

It is so good to see that you were able to take advantage of the many offerings we have – including the beach and ZUMBA!

Looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Miami!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went to CR MIA for a girlfriend getaway - our only complaint is that we only booked 3 nights-should have booked longer!! We are very familiar with the CR lifestyle, having been to both Lenox and Tucson numerous times. This is entirely different since it has a beautiful beach!! In addition, all the rooms are lovely suites, so there is more than enough room to spread out. We loved the classes and the food was just wonderful. The staff was very attentive, friendly and always helpful, esp the mgr. The weather was perfect-sunny & warm and we went one night to a wonderful restaurant-Villa D'Azure, not far from the resort. There is also very good shopping close to the hotel and CR will shuttle you over. It is a very large property, but easy to navigate. We are home now but have the Canyon Ranch glow!!
Roberta, Ellen & Lorraine

Room Tip: All the rooms are basically the same-it is just a matter if you want to pay more to face the water
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear presbert,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We feel that Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach is the ideal destination for a girlfriend getaway – and glad you felt the same.
The three of you truly captured the experience and everything we have to offer our guests, from the beautiful beach and the spacious suites, to the variety of classes and healthy cuisine! And, it’s good that the weather was perfect for you as well!

We look forward to seeing you again soon – and sure you will return still with that glow.

Philippe Parodi

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!