“the ideal summer escape!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
One More Night
Ranked #11 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“the ideal summer escape!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My friend and I wanted to get motivated back to a healthy lifestyle & enjoy the beach culture at the same time! We visited the spa in the summer when it's low season & they have bargain treatments that were first class! The most useful was the Dexa Body Composition which was a machine that measured lean body mass, fat distribution & allowed the expert exercise physiologist to see exactly what kind of exercise is most effective & uses the test results to achieve this! The selection of classes kept us very busy but realised we needed time to relax as well! The lectures were very informative and the spa was great fun & there are 3 pools to use & the hotel is situated on the beach! This isn't the same as the 2 main Canyon Ranch locations but this gives alot of choice if you come with a family or group of friends. The spa food was fantastic & the chefs all are very caring & will prepare your food exactly how you like it! In the evenings we went to the Spa to use the various steam rooms & jacuzzis before falling into bed.... a revitalising & inspiring holiday break I completely recommend!

Room Tip: I simply requested a sea view! I think the higher floors were more pricey.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear nancette,
Thank you for your amazing recommendation!
It seems that you and your friend were truly able to enjoy the Canyon Ranch experience completely!
We are so glad that you were able to take advantage of our Miami Spa month offerings and try something as unique as the Dexa Body Scan. It pleases us to see how much you enjoyed everything at the property – we look forward to seeing you again soon. And, next time make sure to discover the 4th pool!

494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

If you want the perfect escape... peaceful, quiet, pristine & casually luxurious...
Canyon Ranch Miami is the place to go!

This was my fourth visit and it didn't disappoint.

Whether the weather cooperates or not, just being on the property of the Hotel & Spa is a treat.

The staff is always courteous, the property is always clean, the food is fantastic, the rooms are beautiful and have both midday and evening turn down service...YES with a wee square of dark chocolate on the bed... the spa with the specialty Aquavana water system is such a treat...and the fitness facilities actually make it... dare I say... fun, to work out!

Both Wally with his brutal beachside bootcamp and Paul with his Zumba and Ballet classes, get special shout outs! Thank you!! Also Molly and her tough TRX class!

It's definitely a solo journey, girl's getaway or romantic trip style destination; not a place for kids, but a great spot to recharge your batteries!

I simply cannot wait to return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Cavrie,

We are so pleased to hear what a wonderful time you had with us. We agree with you – that amazing view from our fitness center does make it more fun and exciting to work out!
So glad that you continue to choose us for a peaceful escape.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

One of the best hotels that I have stayed at in Miami. Excellent service from the front desk to valet. We were always greeted with a smile.
The gym was excellent, well equiped (could have had slighty heavier weights) but all in all very high standard.
We had a room with a king size bed on the 4th floor. Plenty of space, nice fridge with freezer. Free bottle of water each day, coffee maker in the room.
Publix supermarket is located right accross the street. The beach and beach service was as good any. again great service from the guys on the beach. Did not use the pool or the restaurants. Vallet is around $ 35 per night, but thats Miami Beach.
I will definitively return to Canyon Ranch if and when I return to visit Miami

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tsb123,

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review – we are so happy to see that our service and facilities have exceeded your expectations!
Our staff works diligently at creating a wonderful experience for each and every one of our guests.

We are looking forward to you return on your next visit to Miami.

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Refresh your zest for healing, for feeling great, for good health. Try fitness and healing classes with names or titles that you have never before heard...and have fun. I never dreamt that there were so many ways to exercise and nurture the body. Daily lectures are presented by experts and open to all guests. I recommend attending every scheduled session during your stay at Canyon Ranch, even if the title sounds uninteresting to you. I guarantee that you will walk out with ideas and concepts that warrant contemplation or further research. The SPA and services are top notch.The healthy cuisine is unbelievably delicious. Spirits, mixers, and beer are organic.The grounds and beach are lovely and well attended. The staff is very attentive and make certain that guests are comfortable and needs are met. If it is possible to give too many positive comments in a review...I cannot resist. It was a fabulous experience and perfect vacation.

Room Tip: Few rooms have direct view of the ocean. If you do not mind paying for the view, be specific when ma...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear diane h,

What a wonderful title for your review. Healing oneself and feeling great all within an environment that supports healthy living is exactly the type of experience we hope our guests will have here.
So please to see you had fun in our various classes and were able to attend our lectures and spa.
From our perspective, it’s never a bad thing to say too many positive comments  We appreciate you spreading the work and look forward to seeing you again soon!

NEW YORK CITY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Needing a few days away from the NYC grind and to put our feet in the sand, my friend and I took advantage of the great offer of 4 nights for the price of 3. We arrived around 10:30am and since my friend was a returning guest, we were told by Isaac at the front desk we had NO wait for our room. It was ready and waiting. (Thank you Isaac! You made our day ) A fantastic perk, as normally at any other hotel you always have to wait until at least 3pm to check in, and who needs that when the beach is waiting.
Needless to say we were in the ocean before 11am and loving it.
Alfredo at the beach cabana wasted no time in setting us up with lounge chairs, towels and some iced water to get us started.
The fitness center is fully equipped, clean and the machines are all state of the art.
Being that we arrived on a Monday after Labor Day weekend and stayed through Friday, we actually felt like we had the resort to ourselves which is always a plus when you intend to use the fitness facilities and take classes; no waiting and no lines.
My friend took advantage of the many (included) classes and again stated that they were always less than half full with enough equipment and plenty of space for everyone.
The food was always above par with plenty of choices and the service was excellent. Being that Canyon Ranch is a health resort the menu caters to healthy living, with very reasonable portions and always a list of calorie counts and ingredients. I never felt like I was being rushed to finish a course or a meal because they needed the table, a trait that seems to come with dining anywhere in New York .
On the 3rd day the weather started out great but turned cloudy and wet in the afternoon so we decided to hit the spa and enjoy the Aquavana Experience. Oops, "sorry sir the men's side is closed for renovation" the attendant said. Exactly NOT what I wanted to hear. Enter a manager of the spa (another Alfredo); the man is a savior and was able to offer me a complimentary 55 minute full body massage for the inconvenience.
The massage was excellent, thank you Carolina, and the spa, again, was very clean and not crowded.
My only complaint, if you could call it that, is that the bed was a little too soft. Imagine that!!
I just happen to like a firm mattress and although the pillow top is amazing to fall into after a long day at the beach, it doesn't give me the support I like for a good nights sleep.
Otherwise, for my first visit I felt the place was amazing and great value for the price. I will most definitely be a returning customer, hopefully sooner than later.
Thanks Canyon Ranch

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DACCURAN2013,
We enjoyed reading your review of our property! Its always nice to see a guests comments on everything that we offer, and even more so that you truly immersed yourself in the Canyon Ranch experience and enjoyed yourself.

We will share your comments on our helpful staff to all those mentioned. And, since you are just a short plane ride away, we hope that you will escape the hustle and bustle of the city soon to come see us.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was our second time visiting Canyon Ranch Miami Beach and we are already planning a return trip. This last trip absolutely exceeded our expectations. We stayed for 4 nights/5 days in May 2013. It rained for our entire trip and we happily spent all our time on the gorgeous property. We scheduled lots of services and ate all our meals at the hotel. We returned feeling healthy and rejuvenated!

Spa Services
The spa services are excellent. The staff is kind and knowledgeable. My recommendations:
(1) Thai Massage (especially if you don't stretch enough). I ended up booking it 3 times during our trip. I can't remember my therapist's first name, but his last name is White. He was great!
(2) Neuro-muscular Therapy. I recommend booking the Neuro-muscular right at the beginning of the trip because the therapist's recommendations helped me plan other services. The therapist (Michelle) first made sure I was a good fit for this type of service, and once she got started she determined that my lower back pain was actually caused by tight muscles in my legs and glutes that was shooting up to my lower back. She used trigger point therapy to release the muscles and she recommended that I see a trainer so he could show me specific stretches for those muscles. I was able to get in to see the trainer and I have continued doing the stretches that I learned at home. I don't do them as much as I probably should, but whenever my back starts bothering me or I notice my feet achy - I do my stretches and my body feels so much better. After my Neuromuscular I was walking in circles around our room and telling my husband that I couldn't believe how fluidly and effortlessly my body was moving around!
(3) Contour & Lift Facial - I loved this facial. I felt it put my skin in its best state. My face felt clean, smooth, lifted and energized.

For classes - definitely take Paul's Buff Booty Ballet class!!! It is so much fun. I also did a stretching class each night - very relaxing.

Last but not least - the food. As I mentioned above, we ate all our meals on the property. We had so much fun trying the different delicious and healthy menu items. We truly couldn't get enough artichoke fries - I ordered them at lunch and dinner every day!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Meghan W,

If we could have controlled the rain we would have! But so happy to hear it did not interfere with your experience with us, and that you were able to indulge in the spa on more than one occasion! We are so happy you enjoyed the personalization of our spa services and appreciate your recommendations.
It’s also very nice to see your review of the Canyon Ranch Grill – those artichoke fries are so tasty!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Looking for luxurious accommodations with a great beach and spa/ gym in Miami? This is it! Staff is very welcoming, knowledgable, and engaging. I enjoyed the fitness classes and give the instructors high marks for being professional and fun. There are several pools, great dining, and beach on the property. You're not far from shopping and nightlife.
This was my second stay and I will definitely return.
I'd recommend for anyone who wants to relax and recharge.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Uspinuwin,

So glad to see that this is your second stay with us, and we hope that you continue to return to our property! You really seemed to enjoy that many services and amenities that we offer including the fun fitness classes, the four pools and the Canyon Ranch Grill.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Philippe Parodi

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!