“Canyon Ranch Miami Girls trip” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
One More Night
Ranked #10 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Blue Mountains, Ontario, Canada
“Canyon Ranch Miami Girls trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Canyon Ranch was a great location for our first annual girls trip. The welcome/Check in was handled pleasantly even though we had a problem due to the fact that our rooms were not together as promised. The manager was helpful in explaining that because Canyon Ranch has owners as well as guests and we were there on a holiday weekend the owner units were in high use and not available for guests. It turned out not to be an issue for our stay.
Our rooms were terrific - nice and big, great beds, nice little kitchen and seating area. Our only recommendation is to have at least ONE mirror somewhere in the bedroom area. The only mirrors were all in the washroom area - two make up counters and a full length. The challenge of course is when more than one person is getting ready!
We did 3 or 4 fitness classes a day; loved the beach although the food and beverage service at the beach is challenging and expensive. We enjoyed the organic wine at happy hour and spent many luxurious hours in the spa and Aqua Vena - Amazing after a day on the beach.
I loved the fresh carrot/ginger juice and enjoyed the egg white omelettes at breakfast. We ventured out for dinner most nights and that did involve quite an expensive cab ride most of the time. The Publix store right across the road allowed us to supply drinks and snacks in our room.
The resort is quiet in the evening but provides so much in the area of comfort and service. The gym and exercise classes can't be beat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Philippe P, Director of Sales & MArketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words describing your recent stay. We find motivation and inspiration when our guests are having a true Canyon Ranch experience. We are happy to see our team delivered on our service promise and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future with your friends.

Philippe Parodi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My sister and I had a girls week here and loved it. Service and room were great. Spa was the best and the massage excellent. Particularly liked the stone beds in the hot tub! Beach staff couldn't have been more friendly. We did some classes and they were all great too especially liked the beach view room with open front .

Only let down was the food. Not up to the rest of the resort. Breakfasts were fine but other meals were odd...too many flavours put together ...nice asparagus pity about the chilly! Fish completely covered in mounds of arugula!

All in all though pretty good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience back to Bristol. We are excited to see that you enjoyed your vacation time. It is a real pleasure to have such a nice feed back from you. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

A group of long time friends were celebrating a "big" birthday at Canyon Ranch on Miami Beach. Although we all live in the area, Canyon Ranch provided a truly relaxing and top notch vacation experience. From the moment we checked in with Meron at Guest Services, she provided us with the most remarkable service and kindness any of us had ever experienced. (We have all traveled around the world). Meron's only goal was to make us happy and she exceeded any expectations we had. The entire staff was very helpful and friendly, from the restaurant staff to the housekeeping staff to instructors to the Spa. Every attention to detail and enjoyment was given. Any request we made was met with speed and follow-up. We could not have asked for more. I have been to both Canyon Ranch in Lenox and Tuscon and although I enjoyed both, the level of service here was spectacular. Thank you Meron.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, for your loyalty to Canyon Ranch and for sharing your experience. Our entire team is excited to see that you were able to take advantage of our many offerings and enjoyed your birthday celebration with your friends. We sincerely hope to see you again for another stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I spent my birthday at Canyon Ranch Spa, The only word I can use to some it up is Fabulous!! I pride myself on being a spa junkie, where ever I go, I visit the nicest spa. But...

I have to say this one takes the cake, the Aquavana Experience, was a huge bonus. What spa can you choose between a hydrospa , various steam rooms, herbal laconium, thermal heated lounges, Igloos, and other experiences before and/or after your service. And to put the icing on the cake, after your relaxing services, and your full Aquavana Experience, you can drift off to the sound of ocean waves; while you lay on the beach in your comfy lounge chair with an umbrella for shade.

Because all the above is exactly what I did.

I can relive that whole day. Upon check in they will present you with your lanyard and your magnetic key that will allow access to the beach, the rooftop spa which includes a pool and another jacuzzi. The only negative thing is that during my visit they were working on the rooftop jacuzzi, I knew I could have spent all day up there so maybe that was good for me b/c it allowed me to enjoy other things. They didn't have any problem with showing me where the other pools/jacuzzi were and I actually walked to the one that was ground level.

For me, since I don't live close to the beach, I found myself wanting to spend more time outside and as noted above, my highlight was being able to lay out by the beach, where they fixed up my chair and umbrella and I slept!!!!

Only one negative, I didn't like when other people came into the spa. I wanted complete silence, but you had others that wanted to chit chat, but that is not Canyon Rock fault. But the way I beat that was to go outside. They have activities everyday in the rooftop pool, I actually thought about taking a pool class but I was a little slow in getting there.

This place is highly recommended, If you love spa's as much as I do, You have to check out Canyon Ranch!! You will not regret it!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. it was a real pleasure to welcome you and we are excited to see that you were able to fully enjoy our property and service. We are looking forward to welcome you back. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

#Welcome/Check in: Staff were welcoming and the check-in was quick. They noted our request for a slightly early check in which we appreciated. Initial impressions were that the lobby was gorgeous and sparkling clean. Welcome bags are always a nice touch.

#Classes: We did 3-5 fitness classes a day and they were fabulous. The best instructors were by far Jeff, Adam, Barbie, and Susie. (they teach the boxing classes, 20/10 fierce, and beach boot camp). There were also 2 cold and downright mean instructors - the male AA instructor for swim class/weight training and the thin caucasian woman who does cardio kickboxing (we don't know their names bc they never introduced themselves!) Avoid these classes people! Not worth the time to be around such unpleasant people!

#Room/pool/amenities: One great thing to note about this property is that everything is IMMACULATE. The turnover service at night is perfection (not a lame put-the-slippers-out kind of turnover service) and if you use an area in the spa then leave, once you blink it will be sterilized and reset for the next person. The pool and beach service guys were extremely accommodating and always looking to help. The cleanliness and attention to detail is remarkable throughout CR Miami.

# Spa: Aquavana is great and CR again does a great job with attention to detail - the sounds were peaceful (faint bird noises), the lighting was perfect, the tiling on the walls was artistic and elegant. My favorite experiences were the heated chairs (always my fav at any spa), herbal sauna, and the jacuzzi (of course). My massage itself (Canyon Ranch massage) was not my style at first, but after some guidance and adjustments my therapist and I hit stride.

#Restaurant: the food was hit or miss on taste given that the concept is to have healthy food options. The flatbreads are decent but the portabella sandwich was dry, tasteless, and inedible. The service (in contrast to the service in the hotel) was awful - the servers did not know what ingredients were in the food (ie is this a cream based soup?) and all of the employees there were clueless about the rest of the resort! We tried to ask how to get to movement room 3 after eating lunch and they were clueless. There's a serious disconnect with the restaurant vs the rest of the resort.

#Check out/ check in: Sadly after our great stay this really left a sour taste. Eliza was the employee helping us and she was unprofessional and oddly condescending. We were checking out and it was taking a while to process out bill, probably about 10 minutes. During that time she managed to speak ill of her fellow employees, frankly insult us, then attempt to instruct us like children on how/when to go to the airport. We were polite but she was so pushy we actually had to say "Thank you for the advice but I think we can manage. Now can we stop discussing this?" I am not sure how/why we warranted this treatment from her but it was not a great way to end the trip and reinforced negativity at the finish of our trip.

In summary: Classes 4 stars, Facilities 4 stars, Restaurant 3 stars, the rude send off 1 star = averages to 3 stars overall. Not sure if I will be returning.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I appreciate your positive comments relating to your overall experience and highlights about some of our valued employees .We value tremendously your feed back and management is currently looking into your concerns relating to the restaurant and check-out experience.We sincerely hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again for a perfect getaway.
Healthy regards,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband decided to treat me to a staycation week at Canyon Ranch and we went with our 2 year old daughter. Although it rained non stop and had gale force winds, it was amazing. The spa treatments were unbelievable and the staff was amazing! Hats off to Margarita for helping me with my treatments and her team, as well as Michael Bote and his technology team for assisting my husband in getting some work done in lieu of spending time on the beach. Everyone from check in to check out and happy hour and restaurants in between were amazing! I would highly recommend Canyon Ranch to anyone looking for a serious spa alternative to the fluff that you oftentimes find out there. They take their craft seriously and having amazing staff throughout the property only makes it that much better!!! Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. We are excited to see that you were able to take advantage of our many offerings and our service and staff met your expectations during your stay with us. We would love to welcome you back with a great sunny weather this time. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

From the moment we arrived until sadly we had to leave, we were so pleasantly surprised with the friendly and 'eager to please' attitude of the entire staff. It obviously comes from the top down because the biggest 'stand-out' was the duty manager, Willie. He made sure we were comfortable and happy at all times and it was such an uncommon pleasure to actually SEE the manager, front and centre, on duty, at every turn! When we had a slight difficulty with our key, he actually searched the beach for us and hand delivered them to our beach chairs!
A genuine and deep concern for guests' comfort. Better than the W in NYC, better than the Fairmont at Wailea, Maui. True customer service at Canyon Ranch! :)
Oh, and of course...beautiful rooms, beautiful Spa and thermal baths!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. We are excited to see that you enjoyed so much your stay with us and we would love to welcome you back. Fortunately Toronto is not so far and we hope that you will visit us again soon. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Philippe Parodi

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!