“WOW, it doesn't get any better.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
One More Night
Ranked #12 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
palos heights
“WOW, it doesn't get any better.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our stay at Canyon Ranch in Miami was simply amazing, exceeded all our expectations. The staff was exceptional and the services were relaxing and professional buy yet warm and kind. The weather was perfect, not too warm but just enough to feel the sun and the heat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words describing your recent stay. We find motivation and inspiration when our guests are having a true Canyon Ranch experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to see you again soon.

490 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel is wonderful, rooms are lavishly appointed. The Aquavana spa is breathtaking and people in the spa is very kind.
But critics are always the same, the management does nothing to improve. Staff is not very kind, not 5 star trained.
Breakfast is incredibly dissapointing and waiters are as unpolite as possible, close to be disgusting.
So, the hotel is really nice, location is convenient but if you expect to be treated like Mandarin Oriental or Ritz Carlton, it is not the place. For the same price go somewere else.
Can´t wait to see the manager´s answer....I am sorry for the inconvenients.....Same critics all the time.

Room Tip: Take care with the "city view". Lateral view rooms in the lower floors are exactly "g...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like first to thank you for your feed back as you raised a very crucial point for our organization. Over the past reviews, our staff has been consistently praised by our guests for the genuine and gracious approach and we are extremely careful about our service standards.
Since it seems that your interactions with our staff was so unpleasant, i would be grateful if we could discuss together specific details and employees. I sincerely hope that we will have this opportunity and remain available at any time.

Phiilppe Parodi
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was my 4th time visiting CR Miami and unfortunately, while prices have gone up, service has definitely gone down and is way below what you should expect from a place like this.

The classes are still great. Spa services and spa staff are excellent. But the front desk staff, restaurant quality and service need some major improvement.

The check-in/check-out experience was a miss on many levels. At a place like this, I would expect you to know that I’m a return guest vs introducing me to everything as if it’s my first time here. I was not given a water bottle or bag until I came back several hours later to ask for one. There was no welcome drink. My key did not work and the rollaway bed requested several times, never arrived. And they forgot to give me the surprise gift certificate my husband had called and arranged the day before.

The food at the CR Grill used to be a highlight of my visit to CR. I remember delicious healthy, flavorful meals. But this time, everything on the dinner menu was bland and WAY under-seasoned. I understand it’s a healthy menu, but there’s no reason to sacrifice taste. They’ve added mediocre flatbreads smothered in cheese, while refusing to put salt on anything else… what’s up with that?

The breakfast and dinner service was extremely slow. On several occasions, after being seated by the hostess, we were left sitting at our table for 10-15 minutes waiting for a server. We finally had to flag someone down to ask for some coffee, and then later for the check. The staff should appreciate that many guests are trying to attend classes on the hour and may not have unlimited time to dine. On a positive note, I enjoyed the new (self-service) buffet option at breakfast, a good value and should help alleviate service delays.

Overall, I love the idea of canyon ranch and am willing to pay more for all the great amenities, but the service and food need to be up to par with the high pricetag. I’m not sure how soon I will be back after this experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty and for sharing your experience. On behalf of our management team, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay as we are transitioning to a new organization at the restaurant. We value your feed back and our team is looking into all aspects of your review in order to improve your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed our new buffet breakfast which is one of the various initiatives we are setting up at the restaurant among others which will come soon to improve our processes. I am sorry that this transition phase was not as smooth as we would have liked. I sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back.

Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Love the Canyon Ranch Spa & Hotel, Miami Beach. Hotel staff is accommodating and professional. Property is well maintained, clean and easy to navigate. Friendly and fast service. Spa is clean and offers every type of service you could imagine. Not enough time to try them all. Highly recommend this property. 5 stars !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words describing your recent stay. We find motivation and inspiration when our guests are having a true Canyon Ranch experience. We are happy to see our team delivered on our service promise and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pinehurst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was first trip for wife and I and we enjoyed it. The hotel is first class, clean and well maintained. It is located in an area quieter than South Beach, yet easy drive away, and we thought that was a good contrast and made for more relaxation during the day. The rooms were well appointed and contemporary with Moscioni linens....great sleep. Staff were uniformly pleasant and attentive. The Aquavana spa is one of the best spas we have ever seen, with igloo rooms, rain forest showers and various other features we've seen no where else, including Miraval. Food was delicious and in line with top hotels. Massage menu good as expected. 4 pools and a great oceanfront with beach chairs without extra fees. Very security minded and safe environment. Only slight negatives were the 35 a day mandatory valet (typical for area) and rooms that end in "7" will be behind the elevator banks with some noise. Very good restaurants within 5 minutes walk.....Sazon Cuban and Cafe Prima Pasta (best in Miami). We would recommend and will return.

Room Tip: Rooms that end in "7" are behind elevators shafts.......some noise. North rooms have good...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with all for your first stay at Canyon Ranch Miami Beach. We are pleased to see that you took full advantage of our services and you have enjoyed so much your time with us. Nothing can better satisfy and motivate our team more than your feed back and we are thrilled that we have been able to provide you with such a great time for your vacations with us. We hope to see you back very soon.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just returned from a very nice vacation at Canyon Ranch. I went with two girlfriends and we enjoyed ourselves. There are some strong positives, but a few equally strong negatives that I think are worth pointing out when a room costs $900 a night.

On the positive side- the beach is much prettier than I expected. I had not spent any time in Miami and wasn't expecting much. So I was pleasantly surprised. The property is nice and having multiple pool options is great. The spa is wonderful. I am six months pregnant and had a pre-natal massage that was amazing. They have a lot of offerings in the spa, which I wasn’t able to take advantage of due to my pregnancy, but my friends really enjoyed it. We liked our room. It was a great suite with a fabulous ocean view that was so nice to wake up to. It was great to have the living room and kitchen. We took several classes and enjoyed most of them- yoga, water strength class, core strength- all were good.

But here's where the negatives come in. The biggest problem is the lack of service. Check in and check out were fine and the service at the spa was very attentive. Also, one waiter that we had a couple times in the restaurant, Matt, was excellent. But other than that, don't expect much service at the hotel. Here are some examples of the poor service we got:
1. One day we went up to the roof top pool. There was no sun at the other pools because the sun sets over the building in the afternoon and there is only shade. Not a great design. So we went to the roof pool. At that pool, there was basically only one spot on the deck with any sun. So we moved chairs into this spot. I am six months pregnant and picked up a heavy lounger and moved it while the attendant at the pool stood there and watched me. He didn't offer any assistance, just stood by and watched. But then after we had moved the chairs and were arranging ourselves, he came over to tell us that we couldn't sit there because we were too close to the exit. I know chivalry is dead, but when you work as the pool attendant, how could you watch a pregnant woman move a lounge chair and not be bothered to offer help and then wait until afterwards to tell her that she can't sit there??
2. At the cabana pool, the first day at 4:45 pm we tried to order beverages. The waitress said they close at 5pm so she didn't think we could get anything. We weren't asking for cooked food and last time I poured some beverages it didn’t take me 15 minutes, so we put up a fuss. She finally agreed to get us beverages. On our second day at the pool we asked this same waitress for water and a food menu during the middle of the day. She walked by us many, many times serving others. After 35 minutes we asked again and instead of apologizing, she seemed pissed off that we would dare ask her again. It seems like the waiters and waitresses prefer waiting on the owners who are regulars and ignore the hotel guests.
3. We called down from our room one evening to ask for a cab. We were told by the concierge that it's first come, first serve on the cabs. So we went downstairs. After waiting for a cab for more than 15 minutes and complaining to the attendants outside, one said, "why didn't you call ahead of time?" We told them the concierge told us we couldn't. They said the concierge didn't know and we were supposed to call them directly. They gave us a special phone number. This is just stupid because how would a guest know to call a parking attendant outside if that isn't one of the button choices on the phone. I went back inside to speak to the concierge. He was on a personal call, which he didn't immediately get off of and he didn’t really acknowledge me standing there. He just continued his conversation, which ended with I love you, so clearly not helping another guest. I found this pretty shocking. When I asked him if he could call us a cab and why we were told cabs could not be called in advance, he seemed confused, like we hadn’t spoken to him. I’m pretty sure he was the same person we had spoken to 25 minutes earlier since there were no other concierges working. I just got the impression that he was too busy with his personal life to really be bothered.
4. We paid a lot of money for the room and were charged extra because we were three people sharing. If the hotel charges by the person, then there should be 3 of everything in the room- 3 robes, 3 slippers, 3 waters, etc. When we checked in we had to call multiple times to get them to come and give us the third set of everything. We also had to call multiple times to get all of our bags delivered to the room. Initially they just delivered one set of bags for one of us.
5. The hostess at the restaurant seemed somewhat irritable and overwhelmed if more than one customer walked into the restaurant at a time.

Overall the service is just SLOW, unresponsive, untrained, and uninterested in the guests. If the rate was far, far less this level of service wouldn’t bother me. I had a great time anyway, but when you’re paying that much money for a room, you expect phenomenal, attentive service, which this definitely was not.

Some other negatives:
1. The lounge chairs at the cabana pool are horribly uncomfortable. They need to add cushions, like they have at the beach.
2. The furniture in the living room of the suite is nice looking but also uncomfortable. We stayed in one night to watch the oscars and all had to go into the bedroom because we couldn’t sit in the living room that long on the thing that works as a couch but is really more like a bench with a cushion on it.
3. The male yoga teacher seemed miserable. He appeared annoyed that a pregnant woman would take his class. He didn’t introduce himself or ask our names when we came. He offered no variations for pregnancy, which was fine because I am a certified yoga instructor and know how to vary my practice for my pregnancy. But he didn’t know that I am a certified teacher. It just seemed like he didn’t want to have to work a little harder. He also only focused on one student, who is a regular and ignored the other three students, so I guess it wasn’t just me that he was ignoring. He was humorless, intense, and grumpy. He also made us wipe down our mats at the end of class. This is canyon ranch!! The rooms cost your customers a fortune- you should clean the mats for your students, not have them cleaning for you!! Just another indication of the very poor customer service. Also odd because the other yoga teachers put the used mats to the side and didn’t ask us to clean them.
4. Food- breakfast was good, but lunch was bad. The artichoke fries taste pretty good, but we all got indigestion from them. Also chopped salad?? not chopped. maybe they brough tme the wrong thing?

We had a very nice vacation, but given some of the shortcomings and the price tag, I’m not sure I would visit again. I think I’d consider staying in an owner’s residence because it’s much more affordable and the service is so poor, so you wouldn’t be missing much on that end.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. On behalf of our management team, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We value your feed back and our team is looking into all aspects of your review in order to improve your experience. In the meantime, we sincerely hope that we will have a chance to welcome you again and provide the real Canyon Ranch experience in line with your level of expectations.
I will be happy to personally assist you for your next stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I loved love the spa! If you schedule a spa treatment, arrive early so that you can take the fitness classes. I had visited the Canyon Ranch spa in Las Vegas so I wanted to see the one in Miami. The Miami spa is better than the one in Las Vegas. I enjoyed being able to go on vacation and to be able to keep my healthy habits with me. The fitness classes are wonderful and I was able to try a few classes I had never taken before. The food in the restaurant is delicious and healthy. I would definitely return to this hotel and spa if I was in the Miami area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. it was a real pleasure to welcome you and we are excited to see that you were able to fully enjoy our property and service. We are looking forward to welcome you back. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Philippe Parodi

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!