“Beyond My Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Beyond My Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I live in Florida but my girlfriend and I needed an "escape from life" but only had 2 days to enjoy it. I had heard of this hotel prior to my arrival but unfamiliar with it. Like many travellers to Florida, my choices of a getaway would have been South Beach or Ft. Lauderdale Beach. I was pleasantly surprised by my experience in North Miami Beach, just 10 minutes drive from South Beach. Canyon Ranch does not have a rustic feel as its name might suggest. On the contrary, it exudes a feeling of a luxury all-spa resort. From the moment we drove up to the valet we felt like we had left the city and entered a spa resort in the desert. The contemporary open feel made it very welcoming. We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite with city/bay view. The room was very spacious with its long hallway, and open kitchenette and living room area. The bedroom was big enough for 2 queen size beds, large flat screen tv, night table, and sitting chair. The marble bathroom with its sunken tub, vanity area, glass door shower stall with various shower heads and separate water closet just added to the luxury expected of a 5-star hotel. After a thorough walk through of the property and beach area I truely felt like I was on an island miles away from home.
From the moment we entered the lobby all employees made you feel special and were very professional and accommodating. The relaxed desk check-in service was very welcoming. The concierge staff was very knoweledgeable of the area. The food and beverage staff made some very good suggestions. All the food at this hotel is very healthy, which only added to the "getaway" experience as I am not the typical health food junkie. From breakfast to appetizers, healthy mediterranean/european is the theme. A must for all to try is the "Ginger Ale", a specialty of the Lounge, not your typical ginger ale soda.
Now for the amazing spa....Aquavana is an experience that everyone must undergo at least once during their stay. My favorites were the HydroSpa, Crystal Steam Room, and Herbal Laconium. After a 50-minute massage, 2 hours in the Spa, and all the health food I could eat, this was truely a well-deserved getaway. Thank you Canyon Hotel & Spa for making this a most memorable vacation.

Room Tip: 2-bedroom suites wheter or not you need it has ceiling to floor glass windows behind the master bed...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guests,
Thank you for sharing great details about your recent stay with us and your enthusiasm about our property. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed our little oasis in Miami Beach and the graciousness of our service. We look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Philippe Parodi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is my third trip to this hotel and it only gets better each time. the facilities and staff are amazing as well as the residents too! We really enjoy the classes and the instructers who are tru professionals. Our suite was beautiful and superbly appointed. The only thing that was missing was the fact that they eliminated the "grab and go" type kiosk in the lobby. We really missed that. Chaumcie the concierge is amazing and is extremely knowledgable. every time we go there she exceeds our xpectations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty and for sharing your experiences with all. We are pleased to see that you continue to take full advantage of our services and you have enjoyed so much your time with us this again. Nothing can better satisfy and motivate our team more than your feed back and we are thrilled that we have been able to provide you with such a memorable time for your vacations with us. We hope to see you back very soon.

Healthy regards.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was our first true relaxation vacation since having our little guy; who's now 14 months old. Wanting to use some accumulated miles we looked for the best hotel we could get with our points and while Canyon Ranch fell just below Ritz Carlton for cost per night I can't imagine another hotel outdoing what they have to offer. The hotel is within a luxury residential development on the ocean and from the moment you pull up you don't want to leave. Staff are friendly and helpful. The atmosphere has 'relaxation' in every corner- from the dimmed lighting to the scented environments. The rooms are extremely generous with space- we had a full size crib that the hotel provided (at no cost!) and didn't even notice it was there. Having checked in just hours before the Super Bowl I was pleased to find a large flat-screen waiting.

The pool areas are just magnificent. The attendants (shout out to Andre!) are there to help you with everything you need. The views are to die for. The have 4 outdoor pools, 3 of which children are allowed to- all strategically placed so that at least one gets sun at any point during the day.

Canyon Ranch also has it's own private beach area that's fully staffed from early morning until dusk. A hit for us was the children's play area that's dug into the sand and outfitted with toys, buckets and shovels. Our son had a blast!

Saving the best for last, the Spa was the most relaxing place I've ever been to. Clean, calm and a slice of heaven. If you're coming down, make certain to bring a few sets of gym clothes for the classes they offer; I wasnt able to take full advantage but will next time around.

All said and done- CR Miami is on our permanent destination list.

One drawbacks: 1) The in-suite dishwasher had a slightly 'musky' smell, as did one of the glass enclosed showers. Then again, we only showered at the spa on the 4th floor and didnt use the dishwasher at all so it wasn't a big deal.

Room Tip: You need to ask for, and pay for, a room with an ocean view. The base rooms, while wonderful, have c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with all. We are pleased to see that you have enjoyed so much your time with us and especially with your little one. Nothing can better satisfy and motivate our team more than your feed back and we are thrilled that we have been able to provide you with such a memorable time for your vacations with us. We hope to see you back very soon to fully experience our facilities and in a few years your son may be able to enjoy one of our kid fitness activities proposed between 8 to 14 years old.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

After reading some of the other online reviews, I was skeptical to stay. I'm really glad we still gave it a chance, it was totally worth every penny! I booked through the online travel agency Scarlett Hospitality, and they did a really good job of getting all my room requests and early check in to the front desk. The staff at the desk was very friendly and we really felt welcomed after a long flight. I have to say the spa was AMAZING! I've been to different spas all over the US and this is now on my top 10 list. A must! The resort has beautiful pools and the hotel grounds were great. I will surely come back!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. Our entire team is excited to see that you were able to take advantage of our many offerings and enjoyed the uniqueness of our Wellness Spa and Aquavana during your stay with us. We sincerely hope to see you again you for another stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you again..

Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Five of us spent a long weekend at Canyon Ranch Miami. We booked a 2-BR suite and upon arrival we were upgraded to an Ocean View Suite! The views were amazing and the setup of the suite worked well. The rooms were spacious (including the bathrooms!) and clean. Having the kitchenette in the common room was so convenient--there is a huge Publix right across the street from the hotel so we stocked up on snacks and drinks. The kitchenette is stocked with plates, utensils, etc. My friends had breakfast at the restaurant and I grabbed a sandwich in between classes from the cafe but we ate dinner mostly in South Beach which is a short cab ride away. The variety of exercise classes offered was really great. You can spend the whole day going to classes or you can just sit and lounge by the pool or the beach. Take a class with Paul: he teaches ballet, ballet booty workout, Zumba, Gyrokinesis, and who knows what else? I even saw him leading a kids' activity--he has a really fun personality perfect for the setting. All of the staff were really friendly and helpful--from check-in to the spa attendants to the guys on the beach who set up umbrellas for us. We also booked treatments at the spa--we booked them in advance as suggested so we could get the time slots we wanted--which we enjoyed thoroughly. Canyon Ranch Miami was definitely worth the splurge. Service was excellent, the accommodations were lovely, variety of activities was plentiful, and the location was convenient to South Beach dining and shopping. The weekend went by too quickly! I would definitely return--it was perfect for a girlfriends getaway but I think it would also be fun to stay as a couple!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing details about your stay and your enthusiasm for the many activities to be experienced during a Canyon Ranch Miami Beach vacation. The entire team is thrilled that you and your girl friends enjoyed so much your stay with us as we are totally dedicated to provide an amazing experience for everyone of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back real soon.

Healthy regards.

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Hard to believe this is one of the "Leading Hotels of the World". One the plus side, the folks are friendly, the options to enjoy the ocean are plentiful, and the decor is a soothing minimalist (for Miami). Room-suites are spacious and well equipped.

But prepare for glitches: the card keys to the room work half the time, necessitating a call to front desk when they balk; we were awakened at 2 am by a hotel employee handing over the plastic bags you pack your wet bathing suit in... friendly but semi-insisting we'd called for them. NOT!

Signage to the various places where classes are held is somewhat obscure so first-timers wander around until acclimated. The classes aren't anything special and some of the resident members seem protective of their turf "Oh, this is my usual spot ...can you move your mat?" The lecture on skin care was basic, and disappointingly a sales pitch for CR product. (You expect that when you go to Saks...but CR bills these as 'educational'. Would have been good to keep the pitch for the last minute and say "come to our store if you want to see what we have for exfoliation."

A bit of irony. . .we booked Canyon Ranch this trip to Miami Beach because I'd always wanted to try it. My husband wasn't so eager, wishing to go to another hotel. I book, on my credit card, too late for any special deal, and I do the check in. We walk into the room and the "big screen" on the hotel channel shows a hearty welcome to my husband! I call to make sure I'm registered, too, as our names are different : "Oh yes, you're registered!" I jokingly remark that I might have been welcomed too on the TV screen. I was told the the computer could only add one name. Note to marketing department: check this problem out.

I might return with girl friends on some special package -- but I'll have my expectations in line with the stay we just had.

Room Tip: Unless you're dying to see the ocean 24-7, no need to book a room w/ an ocean view. You can choo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, February 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. On behalf of our management team, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We value your feed back and our team is looking into all aspects of your review in order to improve your experience. I also well noted the TV mention that i will address. In the meantime, we sincerely hope that we will have a chance to welcome you again with your friends this time and provide the real Canyon Ranch experience in line with your level of expectations.
I will be happy to personally assist you for your next stay with us..

Healthy Regards.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and was one of our best getaways in awhile. From the moment you
pull up to the front doors you are greeted by seasoned employees. The hotel is gorgeous spacious clean rooms the lobby is so relaxing we didn't even want to go to our room. The spa was high quality and outstanding service. Everything was just outstanding we will defintely
return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing details about your stay and your enthusiasm for your Canyon Ranch Miami Beach vacation. Wre are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you back. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Philippe Parodi

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!