This was our first true relaxation vacation since having our little guy; who's now 14 months old. Wanting to use some accumulated miles we looked for the best hotel we could get with our points and while Canyon Ranch fell just below Ritz Carlton for cost per night I can't imagine another hotel outdoing what they have to offer. The hotel is within a luxury residential development on the ocean and from the moment you pull up you don't want to leave. Staff are friendly and helpful. The atmosphere has 'relaxation' in every corner- from the dimmed lighting to the scented environments. The rooms are extremely generous with space- we had a full size crib that the hotel provided (at no cost!) and didn't even notice it was there. Having checked in just hours before the Super Bowl I was pleased to find a large flat-screen waiting.
The pool areas are just magnificent. The attendants (shout out to Andre!) are there to help you with everything you need. The views are to die for. The have 4 outdoor pools, 3 of which children are allowed to- all strategically placed so that at least one gets sun at any point during the day.
Canyon Ranch also has it's own private beach area that's fully staffed from early morning until dusk. A hit for us was the children's play area that's dug into the sand and outfitted with toys, buckets and shovels. Our son had a blast!
Saving the best for last, the Spa was the most relaxing place I've ever been to. Clean, calm and a slice of heaven. If you're coming down, make certain to bring a few sets of gym clothes for the classes they offer; I wasnt able to take full advantage but will next time around.
All said and done- CR Miami is on our permanent destination list.
One drawbacks: 1) The in-suite dishwasher had a slightly 'musky' smell, as did one of the glass enclosed showers. Then again, we only showered at the spa on the 4th floor and didnt use the dishwasher at all so it wasn't a big deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first of its kind, this spectacular Miami Beach boutique hotel combines the flexibility of a la carte hotel services with many of the limitless healthy choices of acclaimed Canyon Ranch health resorts. A feast for your senses, Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach offers inspiring healthy living opportunities in a stunning luxury hotel setting – plus easy access to everything an exciting city has to offer. Housed in the modernized and restored Carillon Hotel – a classic of Miami Modern architecture – Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach will enchant you with its exquisite design and matchless views. Situated on more than 750 linear feet of uncrowded white beach, Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa is convenient to both Bal Harbour and South Beach. This all-suite hotel just 30 minutes from Miami International Airport is an oasis of tranquility, warmth and healthy living in one of the world’s most vibrant cities. In a serene atmosphere of casual elegance, you can relax in your spacious, luxuriously appointed suite, float in a sparkling pool, savor healthy gourmet cuisine and organic wines and spirits at award-winning Canyon Ranch Grill™, work out in the largest and most beautifully appointed Spa in South Florida, and discover unsurpassed Canyon Ranch spa, fitness and health and wellness services. With its beautiful beach and menu of activities for parents and children, this splendid oceanfront hotel also offers a taste of the Canyon Ranch healthy living experience for families. From morning walks on the beach and the thrill of our two-story indoor rock-climbing wall to integrative health experts to advise and inspire you, you’ll find endless ways to reawaken your spirit and refresh your soul at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, our Miami Beach boutique hotel offers an abundance of choices. In this magnificent oceanfront setting, kick back and relax, get outside and play, or explore our holistic approach to health and wellness with top experts to guide you. You can also take advantage of the legendary Canyon Ranch signature spa services that are conveniently offered a la carte to fit your schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, LHW, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Ranch Hotel And Spa Miami Beach
- Canyon Hotel Miami Beach
- Canyon Resort Miami Beach