“The perfect long weekend for the girls” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Midweek Breather
Ranked #8 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Riverside, Connecticut
“The perfect long weekend for the girls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My BFFs and I took a long overdue girls long weekend here in early December. There were 6 of us in the group so we were two to a room, which made it not crazy expensive. The rooms were fabulous (all are suites with living rooms and kitchenettes). The class schedule pleased every one with all of our different tastes, and the aquavana (which we referred to as "the water park" since we kept having trouble with the term aquavana) was a great additional diversion. Spa treatments were superb (as you would expect from Canyon Ranch); in particular, I did one where wrapped in plastic was lowered into a water bed of sorts to soak/warm. Totally unique. Service was A+ in every regard, from the check in, to the waitstaff, to the ladies in the spa locker room. Really exceptional and we will definitely go back. It was fun to go out in Miami a few nights for dinner so we were happy it was not an all inclusive. Perfect in every way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing details about your stay and your enthusiasm for the many activities to be experienced during a Canyon Ranch Miami Beach vacation. The entire team is thrilled that you and your BFFs enjoyed so much your stay with us as we are totally dedicated to provide an amazing experience for everyone of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back real soon.

Healthy regards.

Philippe Parodi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Wide variety of classes is outstanding but during busy weeks (just returned) you have to arrive early at many or risk getting closed out. Many guests including those in my party were disappointed about this. Spa is very nice but again is not prepared for the peaks as they ran out of towels a few times this past week. Fitness facility outstanding. Food was good but when they are slammed with guests as they were this past week the service around lunchtime is horrible. Sometimes 2 hour waits to get what was ordered. Workers were trying but if they want to be rated excellent they need to staff up for the busy times as many guests and residents were complaining about this.

The key system is mediocre as it works most time but the gate to get to and from the beach takes 5 to 10 tries to get it open.

I took about 12 fitness classes over the 7 days and found a few of the instructors somewhat rude. One of them was nasty with a participant. These people need some training in guest relations. One class was canceled due to an instructor no-show. One other class started buy the guy saying this is my 3rd cardio class in a row so I'm going to talk you through the moves rather than demo what we should be doing. Management shouldn't schedule the instructors if this will negatively impact the class.

The concierges were very helpful. Willy at check-in was great - always willing to help. The valet service guys and bell staff were also great. Overall I would return but not during a busy time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review describing your recent getaway. We are sorry that we haven't been able to fully satisfy you during your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback on our restaurant and fitness operations and we will review our procedure to improve the experience during peak time. The Canyon Ranch team and I are looking forward to your next visit and provide this time a perfect service.

Annandale, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My beastie and I went here for a quick girlfriends weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our trip. This is truly a relaxing place and the spa and activities made us feel great!

I would definitely recommend taking advantage of the concierge services BEFORE you arrive. They are attentive, but they seem to get a lot of last minute requests. also, schedule as many of your spa services before your arrival if you are particular about getting specific time slots. We enjoy the workouts...and sitting on the beach with drinks to recover!

Book one of the rooms with the balcony; it was beautiful to wake up and go sit out on the balcony to watch the sun rise over the ocean. Food is healthy...but you will definitely will venture off the property in search of one little fatty treat of your choice!

The Ranch is a great home base, but do not plan on walking around the location for shopping...there is not much around but there is plenty that is just a cab ride away.

Already planning our next trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about your experience with us. Our entire team is very pleased that we have spent with us a wonderful time and you have been able to take advantage of the full array of services that we are offering. As you correctly mentioned, we always try to encourage our guests especially during peak season to pre book any concierge needs or treatments in order to secure these services since the demand is extremely high and we want for you to enjoy every minute of your stay . We are thrilled about your satisfaction and sincerely hope to see you again soon. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Great Mills, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I first visited Canyon Ranch Miami in 2010 and was so impressed I vowed to make it an annual experience. I have remained true to that vow! It is my indulgent gift of total pampering to myself. My absolute favorite is the Aquavana and the spa services. Since this is a mind and body experience for me, I take many classes (emphasis on yoga, meditation, tai chi) and used the excellent fitness center. I also have climbed the rock wall and what an exhilarating experience that was! The fitness center is also great. Who doesn't like a view of the ocean while sweating it out on the treadmill? My room has always been luxurious and the ocean view breathtaking. Every morning I had coffee on the balcony watching the sunrise. Breathtaking! The hotel staff couldn't be more accommodating and the concierge, Chauncey Sullivan, can work miracles! The restaurant menu was very much to my liking with reasonable portions and delightfully prepared foods. Unlike other Canyon Ranch hotels, you can order alcoholic beverages at the Miami hotel. The suites come fully equipped for in-room dining, if you prefer, and there is room service. The beach is beautiful with attendants to take care of setting up your beach lounger and umbrella. One more thing, if you're interested in visiting South Beach, it's just minutes away and a fun experience. If there is one downside it's that eventually you have to leave. I always leave (reluctantly) feeling renewed, refreshed, and planning my next visit. My Nirvana!

Room Tip: Mid-to-upper level beachfront suites are awesome. My second choice is a south-facing mid-to-upper le...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty and for sharing your experiences with all. We are pleased to see that you continue to take full advantage of our services and you have enjoyed so much your time with us this year again. Nothing can better satisfy and motivate our team more than your feed back and we are thrilled that we have been able to provide you with such a memorable time for your vacations with us. We hope to see you back very soon.

Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

have been to canyon in lenox but nothing prepared me for the miami experience! fabulous, also picture perfect weather for my 4 night stay helped! meals r not included in miami, but yet there r numerous healthy options avail in the several restaurants on the premises, all with calorie, nutritional info included. the aquavana experience is not to be missed! my oceanfront suite was exceptional. spent each night listening to the waves outside my balcony! service was flawless, want to name some names! brandon at the front desk was a constant friendly, helpful face. class with hilary was fun & challenging! shawntay went above & beyond to resolve a problem i had with a treatment! the $50 credit i received at chkout for my next stay was just the icing on the cake! looking forward to a return trip soon!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feed back . We are very happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our many offerings and our team has made every effort to make you experience a memorable stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to Canyon Ranch and i am pleased that further your previous stay in our Lenox property, you have decided to try our little oasis in Miami Beach. We would love to welcome you back. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Healthy Regards.

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This hotel is truly a gem. Stayed for 5 nights with my parents for a pre-holiday escape. It exceeded my expectations. I had read many other reviews about the staff being uber hospitable and this was true for me as well. They pay attention to every detail and really work with you to make it a stay that is to your liking. The recommendations from the concierge were perfect with regards to places to visit in miami and places to eat while we were out. Had many meals at the hotel restaurant which were phenomenal. Even my father (who is more of a meat and potatoes guy) was salivating over the yucca! Spent some time at the spa as well, and it was world-class.
If you are looking for a hotel right in the heart of South Beach, this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for a perfect getaway with access to everything this is the hotel to choose.
I am looking forward to my next trip back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Philippe P, Director of sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. We are excited to see that we were able to make you experience a great stay with us especially for this holidays season which is always a special time with family. We would love to welcome you back. Looking forward to see you again soon.

Healthy Regards.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I just returned from my 2nd trip in a year to this location. Again, perfection. Meron in Guest Services went out of her way (again) to ensure a terrific week for me and my friend. The service is truly some of the best I have ever experienced, from the registration to the wait staff, to the instructors and Aquavana attendants. So helpful and upbeat. The classes are always terrific and it is always a treat to take a class with Paul. It would be helpful to include the instructors names along with the class schedule somehow as some are exceptional and you don't want to miss their workouts. The rooms were great; the towels super-soft. I will be back soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Philippe P, Director of Sales & Marketing at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 10, 2013

Healthy regards.

Philippe Parodi

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!