We were looking for a hideaway that we could escape to during Art Basel Miami that allowed us easy access to the shows, but away from all the craziness. I was initially skeptical when my wife suggested it but it turned out to be a great choice.
The property is located at 67th and Collins, so a straight line down from 'party central' locations like the W (where we stayed last year), the SLS and the Raleigh... yet enough distance to not feel caught up in the chaos and to get a good night's sleep (hard to do when you have people partying until 5am in the hallways at some of the other hotels). It's a fairly large property but you have that spa feeling of being in an oasis of calm. Staff is always on hand however and are extremely helpful.
Our room was great - a two room suite with an ocean view with a kitchenette and dining area that served well as a work station with comfortable charis and the requisite power outlets (wi-fi is free and available throughout the property). The bathroom is spacious although I feel that - like most hotels in the US older than 5 years - it could do with an upgrade of toilet and shower fixtures. The air conditioning unit was loud - I was told by the friendly maintenance engineer that some of the rooms actually have the unit int he bedroom so are even noisier. Nothing to do on that front, but he did disable the (unused) fridge which had an overly loud fan.
The spa and resort facilities are outstanding as is the staff. I had two treatments - deep tissue and "muscle melt" massages - that were phenomenal. The steam, sauna, igloo and climate showers were also a real treat and the facilities were spotless. The gym and exercise studios were very well-equipped with knowledgeable and helpful trainers always on hand. There is an abundance of different activities suitable for every type.
Finally the restaurant and bar were great. I would frankly have liked to have more choice on the food front but the flip side was that this was all very healthy and there is no shortage of places in Miami if you want to go out on the town. The bar was well-stocked and we had an excellent bartender - Sarah - who knew her stuff.
Generally Miami doesn't have a great reputation for service. I've spoken to hotel owners and concierges who all bemoan the relative paucity of professional staff who want to make a long-term career of their time in the hospitality industry. While this isn't Japan or even France, the friendliness and attention to detail of the hotel's front and back-end staff was clearly among the best this city has to offer.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Ranch Hotel And Spa Miami Beach
- Canyon Hotel Miami Beach
- Canyon Resort Miami Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first of its kind, this spectacular Miami Beach boutique hotel combines the flexibility of a la carte hotel services with many of the limitless healthy choices of acclaimed Canyon Ranch health resorts. A feast for your senses, Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach offers inspiring healthy living opportunities in a stunning luxury hotel setting – plus easy access to everything an exciting city has to offer. Housed in the modernized and restored Carillon Hotel – a classic of Miami Modern architecture – Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach will enchant you with its exquisite design and matchless views. Situated on more than 750 linear feet of uncrowded white beach, Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa is convenient to both Bal Harbour and South Beach. This all-suite hotel just 30 minutes from Miami International Airport is an oasis of tranquility, warmth and healthy living in one of the world’s most vibrant cities. In a serene atmosphere of casual elegance, you can relax in your spacious, luxuriously appointed suite, float in a sparkling pool, savor healthy gourmet cuisine and organic wines and spirits at award-winning Canyon Ranch Grill™, work out in the largest and most beautifully appointed Spa in South Florida, and discover unsurpassed Canyon Ranch spa, fitness and health and wellness services. With its beautiful beach and menu of activities for parents and children, this splendid oceanfront hotel also offers a taste of the Canyon Ranch healthy living experience for families. From morning walks on the beach and the thrill of our two-story indoor rock-climbing wall to integrative health experts to advise and inspire you, you’ll find endless ways to reawaken your spirit and refresh your soul at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, our Miami Beach boutique hotel offers an abundance of choices. In this magnificent oceanfront setting, kick back and relax, get outside and play, or explore our holistic approach to health and wellness with top experts to guide you. You can also take advantage of the legendary Canyon Ranch signature spa services that are conveniently offered a la carte to fit your schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, LHW, Travelocity, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.