“Beautiful facility; very well managed.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Midweek Breather
Ranked #8 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
fairfield glade, TN
“Beautiful facility; very well managed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

My daughter and I spent 4 great days at the Canyon Ranch in Miami Beach. In the summer, the rates are lower and there are less people. There are 4 beautiful pools and the beach, with lots of choices of meaningful exercise classes to take. The instructors are all enthusiastic and top notch. You can walk out the door and there are many good ethnic restaurants. The restaurant at the Canyon Ranch was very good too -- more like gourmet health food, good quality, but smaller quantity. Our suite had a kitchen, living room, bedroom and bath. The whole place is beautifully decorated and serene and peaceful and well maintained. The massage was okay, but not better than I have in my area at home. I had a scalp massage and hair treatment which was okay. I think the spa services are somewhat overpriced and would skip them next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for introducing your daughter to Canyon Ranch. I am concerned that our spa services did not exceed your expectations and I am available any time to learn more about your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Matthias Kammerer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Beautiful Hotel and Spa!
We stayed for 6 nights. The room was beautifully furnished. Customer service was great. They helped us out whenever we needed something (renting a motorcycle, getting a cab, etc).
The beach is a very short way from the building itself. The restaurant is beautiful. There are many pools you can go to, there are many daily activities for adults and kids (free of charge)
I highly recommend it!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful experiences. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Easton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Had an awesome weekend with my cousins celebrating our 50th bday. Accomodations were excellent. Aquavana was a fabulous experience. Enjoyed Zumba! Staff provided excellent customer service! This was my first time at a spa. Loved it! Definitly planning to come back! Thank you Canyon Ranch

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for celebrating a 50th Birthday with us, belated Happy Birthday! We are honored that you chose us for your first spa visit and hope that the Canyon Ranch Lifestyle experience will have you and your cousins return for many more visits. Our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Canyon Ranch exceeded my expectations from the moment I arrived. Every single staff member was friendly, positive, and eager to help, from concierge, Cecile, at check-in/check-out who helped me change my flight because I decided to stay longer, to the really nice guys at pool and beach areas, and the restaurant staff. The food was so delicious that it was hard to believe that it was healthy and low-caloric. The spa was beautiful with an enormous aquarium at the entrance, and the acquavana experience was transporting! My suite was beautiful and spotless, as was the entire resort. There was free internet on the TV; room service arrived in 15 minutes and dry cleaning was delivered within hours. The only thing I would have changed was the unfriendly Zumba instructor on Monday afternoon who did not bother to run through any of the moves or give any instruction before beginning to dance at a feverish pace. All in all, a welcoming sanctuary for a solo traveler where you will feel safe and welcome. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and comments with us. We are excited that the collective team effort by our staff members resulted in a terrific vacation experience for you, minus the disappointment with the Zumba instructor. My apologies for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been shared with our spa leadership team and we will take correction action right away. We are all looking forward to your next visit.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We loved this hotel so much! For our complete review visit: http://smartypanties.com/2011/06/10/canyon-ranch-miami-review-a-tiny-slice-of-heaven/

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
CanyonRanchHotel-Spa, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your passion for the Canyon Ranch lifestyle and for the time to share it in such detail. We will review the quality of our bathroom amenities to ensure we offer a high quality product. Our team is looking forward to the next opportunity to serve you another Slice of Heaven!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Canyon Ranch in Miami for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. It was our first visit to a CR, but we had heard good things from friends. We were blown away. It really was the perfect spot for us. The food was delicious and healthy. The room was luxurious and clean. The staff couldn't do enough for us. My husband is a personal trainer, so we were very much into the exercise classes which were varied and challenging. To top it off, I could still find time to relax on the beautiful beach with the gloriously warm water while drinking a margarita. What more could you ask for? We even fit in a bunch of spa treatments for couples...incredible. I highly recommend the Rasul Chamber.

Room Tip: We didn't pay up...all rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Happy anniversary and thank you for celebrating with us. We are pleased to see that you were able to take advantage of our many activities and services while still getting some well-deserved rest & relaxation. Thank you for sharing your story and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

miami,fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Our family has a tradition, since 9 of us are "Taurus" people, we have one huge birthday bash each year and celebrate by planning some incredible getaway. This year we decided on the Canyon Ranch hotel and Spa in Miami Beach. We all reside in South Florida so only 2 couples were required to stay at the hotel. Having been visiting Miami Beach since I was 7, and moving to Florida in 1980, I remember when the hotel was the original Carillon and I can assure you, there is no resemblance.

Check in was dellightful and a breeze. Everything is thouroughly explained and your spa services are reconfirmed The suite was tastefully appointed with a luxurious bed and outstanding bathroom. One of the biggiest problems is the key. They are very advanced technologically with a key system that is supposed to work for everything...I.e...door, elevator, locker etc. Guess what...it doesn't work. We had numerous problems with the elevator and the spa locker. We went back 5 times and had them reprogram it only to have the same results. Word of the wise....don't utilize something until you have it perfected. For the prices you are charges....your guests expect things to work properly.

The following morning we all met at the spa and my mother - in - law, who was footing the bill for all of us, paid for all of our services at the reception desk. I was a bit taken aback w\hen I returned and found my spa treatment charged to my credit card which was just being held for incidentals.

The spa seemed a bit dark and cave-like, not relaxing at all. I had ordered the “TOTAL” TRANSFORMATION FACIAL which was a whooping $ 330.00 and "TOTALLY" not worth it. I've had quite a few facials in my life...some reasonable...some expensive. This one was very unimpressive. My family members all had the same reactions to all of their different treatments. Just "so so". We then were quite anxious to experience the Aquavena part of the spa as it was so highly endorsed by all of the members of the staff of the hotel. I mean...I was really really looking ofrward to the experience and it ended up not being anything. It was very mediocre. The best part was the Igloo room.

After our spa morning, we made our way over to the restaurant. Now I understand that this is a "healthy" restaurant, and they were a little appalled when I asked for butter for my cornbread and my mother-in -law asked for mayo for her sandwich, but come on guys, the food here is inedible. How can you ruin an omelette? Try eating at the spa at the Doral...now thats good healthy food!!!

After our "yummy " lunch, we asked about the pools. When we checked in we were advised that there were a variety of pools and it being a beautiful South Florida day....we were eager to partake of the glorious sun. They recommended the "adult only" pool which was located on the 4th floor. We all trudged over to that pool only to find that it was being occupied by some "poolaerobics" and that also there was no bar or drink service available. So we made our way all the way down to the beachfront pool only to find that the majority of the occupants were under 7 years old.

When the day is done, I give this place a "C" It was a big expensive disapointment. We were all so looking forward to a Canyon Ranch experience and we were let down to a second rate wannabe.

There are so many other better places to go on Miami Beach....When your thoughts are on a top rated spa....just say passon this one!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach? Share your experiences!