Our family has a tradition, since 9 of us are "Taurus" people, we have one huge birthday bash each year and celebrate by planning some incredible getaway. This year we decided on the Canyon Ranch hotel and Spa in Miami Beach. We all reside in South Florida so only 2 couples were required to stay at the hotel. Having been visiting Miami Beach since I was 7, and moving to Florida in 1980, I remember when the hotel was the original Carillon and I can assure you, there is no resemblance.
Check in was dellightful and a breeze. Everything is thouroughly explained and your spa services are reconfirmed The suite was tastefully appointed with a luxurious bed and outstanding bathroom. One of the biggiest problems is the key. They are very advanced technologically with a key system that is supposed to work for everything...I.e...door, elevator, locker etc. Guess what...it doesn't work. We had numerous problems with the elevator and the spa locker. We went back 5 times and had them reprogram it only to have the same results. Word of the wise....don't utilize something until you have it perfected. For the prices you are charges....your guests expect things to work properly.
The following morning we all met at the spa and my mother - in - law, who was footing the bill for all of us, paid for all of our services at the reception desk. I was a bit taken aback w\hen I returned and found my spa treatment charged to my credit card which was just being held for incidentals.
The spa seemed a bit dark and cave-like, not relaxing at all. I had ordered the “TOTAL” TRANSFORMATION FACIAL which was a whooping $ 330.00 and "TOTALLY" not worth it. I've had quite a few facials in my life...some reasonable...some expensive. This one was very unimpressive. My family members all had the same reactions to all of their different treatments. Just "so so". We then were quite anxious to experience the Aquavena part of the spa as it was so highly endorsed by all of the members of the staff of the hotel. I mean...I was really really looking ofrward to the experience and it ended up not being anything. It was very mediocre. The best part was the Igloo room.
After our spa morning, we made our way over to the restaurant. Now I understand that this is a "healthy" restaurant, and they were a little appalled when I asked for butter for my cornbread and my mother-in -law asked for mayo for her sandwich, but come on guys, the food here is inedible. How can you ruin an omelette? Try eating at the spa at the Doral...now thats good healthy food!!!
After our "yummy " lunch, we asked about the pools. When we checked in we were advised that there were a variety of pools and it being a beautiful South Florida day....we were eager to partake of the glorious sun. They recommended the "adult only" pool which was located on the 4th floor. We all trudged over to that pool only to find that it was being occupied by some "poolaerobics" and that also there was no bar or drink service available. So we made our way all the way down to the beachfront pool only to find that the majority of the occupants were under 7 years old.
When the day is done, I give this place a "C" It was a big expensive disapointment. We were all so looking forward to a Canyon Ranch experience and we were let down to a second rate wannabe.
There are so many other better places to go on Miami Beach....When your thoughts are on a top rated spa....just say passon this one!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first of its kind, this spectacular Miami Beach boutique hotel combines the flexibility of a la carte hotel services with many of the limitless healthy choices of acclaimed Canyon Ranch health resorts. A feast for your senses, Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach offers inspiring healthy living opportunities in a stunning luxury hotel setting – plus easy access to everything an exciting city has to offer. Housed in the modernized and restored Carillon Hotel – a classic of Miami Modern architecture – Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach will enchant you with its exquisite design and matchless views. Situated on more than 750 linear feet of uncrowded white beach, Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa is convenient to both Bal Harbour and South Beach. This all-suite hotel just 30 minutes from Miami International Airport is an oasis of tranquility, warmth and healthy living in one of the world’s most vibrant cities. In a serene atmosphere of casual elegance, you can relax in your spacious, luxuriously appointed suite, float in a sparkling pool, savor healthy gourmet cuisine and organic wines and spirits at award-winning Canyon Ranch Grill™, work out in the largest and most beautifully appointed Spa in South Florida, and discover unsurpassed Canyon Ranch spa, fitness and health and wellness services. With its beautiful beach and menu of activities for parents and children, this splendid oceanfront hotel also offers a taste of the Canyon Ranch healthy living experience for families. From morning walks on the beach and the thrill of our two-story indoor rock-climbing wall to integrative health experts to advise and inspire you, you’ll find endless ways to reawaken your spirit and refresh your soul at Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, our Miami Beach boutique hotel offers an abundance of choices. In this magnificent oceanfront setting, kick back and relax, get outside and play, or explore our holistic approach to health and wellness with top experts to guide you. You can also take advantage of the legendary Canyon Ranch signature spa services that are conveniently offered a la carte to fit your schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LHW, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Ranch Hotel And Spa Miami Beach
- Canyon Hotel Miami Beach
- Canyon Resort Miami Beach