“Excellent food, but noisy restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prime 112

Prime 112
112 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (South Pointe)
(305) 532-8112
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene
Neighborhood: South Pointe
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent food, but noisy restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had our wedding dinner at Prime 112, just the two of us. We had ordered a table a month in advance, and had no problem to get seated when we arrived (we had changed clothes, so there was no wedding dress involved :p ) We both had steak, and it was excellent. So was the extras that we ordered with the steak. We actually got so full that there was no chance we could manage dessert...

We were visiting mid-week, and still it was full. A bit noisy for my taste, but the good food made it worth it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Wellington, Florida
“Don't Go Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I booked my reservation for a night out with my wife about a two weeks in advance of my visit for 9:30 on a Saturday night. Since getting to this restaurant is over an hour drive for me, I called twice to confirm my reservation and they even called me in the afternoon of my reservation to confirm with me.

I arrived at 9:30 for my reservation and was shocked with what I saw. They place was so crowded, it was difficult to get to the hostess check in. When I made my way to the front, I was greated by very rude hostesses who advised me that it would be at least another hour wait. For such an expensive and supposedly nice restaurant, I was surprised to find out how poorly managed the reservation system was. I asked to speak to a manager and it took almost 20 minutes until a manager would see me.

I spoke to the manager about the situation but almost immediately he shifted his attention to another patron who had just arrived and handed the manager $200 in cash. The manager then ignored me as if I did not exist and proceeded to seat the gentleman who provided the bribe.

I decided to wait a little longer to see if the manager would come back to assist me but that never happened. The place was so busy and people were waiting at the bar so long for their tables, that drunk customers were literally tripping on each other.

Again, this would not be so unusually at a local tavern or sports bar, but for a restaurant that costs over $100 per person, I can not understand how they stay in business with such poor management and rude staff.

Meanwhile, when I checked in they said they would send me a text message when my table was ready. I left at about 10:15 when the manager never came back and went to a different restaurant. As I type this review it is now 1:00 AM and as of right now I have still not received a text message about my reservation being ready. With so many choices for fine dining in South Beach, I will never go back to this restaurant and will make sure to let all my friends know the same.

It is one thing to have an off night or poor service, but quite another when management does not care about anything more than who has the most cash in their pockets to bribe the employees.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“avoid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

we knew we had to wait, but 2 hours is by far too long, especially if the, very patient hostess, tells us every half hour it will take less than another half hour. so after spending 200 on drinks waiting in an owercrowded Bar we finally got seated, we expected our meal to be outstanding. well it wasn't at all. overburned on the outside, raw inside (ordered medium). the meat quality below average. (the bill far over average). i really wonder what is the buzz around this place.
ambience: overcrowded
decor : nothing special
food : average

don't go there

Visited December 2013
Miam
“STAY AWAY AT ALL COST!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting restaurant! They treat people so poorly that they should NOT be in business much longer! They take reservations for hundreds of parties they can't possibly seat and then expect their guests to stand at their very small bar and then beg for a table every 45 minutes!
The food is mediocre at best and the restaurant would not survive in any other major city for 10 minutes! Save yourself a horrible evening and go somewhere where they understand food and service!

Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“the worst restaurant I have ever experienced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had a 7:30 PM reservation and were not seated until 9 PM. We were actually seated before others who had 6:30 PM reservations but this may only be because we were willing to eat at the adjacent "satellite" restaurant; they were not .willing to compromise. Whether the fact that we were actually seated at a different restaurant with a different kitchen accounts for the pedestrian , mediocre food we were served is unknowable since we were not willing to wait three hours to get the full Prime 112 experience . That the host and hostesses did not even apologize or make any accommodation for their unprofessional conduct suggests that waits of this length are not unusual ; the fact that this is standard operating procedure was confirmed by the staff. Perhaps the long waits for patrons with reservations is because the host was accepting $100 bills to seat people out of turn . It is a great mystery how a restaurant of this caliber could still be in business, much less busy enough to treat their patrons in this manner. Too bad this restaurant is not in a more discerning market as it would soon disappear. Do not bother.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere