“best five star hotel in south beach” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“best five star hotel in south beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

South beach by nature is not a great service oriented place. The Setai does it best. Instead of the usual high turnover staff that plagues most south beach hotels and restuarants - they seem to have some stability and hence quality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel did not disappoint. The Asian inspired theme is quite relaxing. I don't think the pool areas can be beat. My husband and I were visiting for a long weekend at the very end of October and were here mainly for the 80 degree temperatures. We felt very much alone at the pool even tho there were others around us...not your typical Miami beach experience,but exactly what we were looking for! The service at the pool was a little slow, but the staff was always eager to help... Even tho they did need several more people working.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms , a kitchen and living room. 3104.... Amazing views of t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My Husband and I used this place to get away to celebrate our 20 est anniversary.
It was magical. Beautiful setting, great service, wonderful spa, amazing pool...and the bar..I really recommend their signature Passion Fruit Martini with Chili

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is not for everyone. Stay here if you are inspired by Japanese beauty, clean modern lines, and the ultimate luxury service experience. This is an exclusive gem that is set far apart from the typical Miami party hotels and scene. The property is truly gorgeous and boasts my personal favorite guest room decor of any hotel I've stayed in. Expect to spend a lot, but it is worth it. Location is absolutely ideal as well.

• Stayed February 2012
Nassau, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a beautiful new hotel in a great location. My husband and I have stayed in many different hotels on South Beach and this is probably the nicest. Our room was really nice and had everything we needed - including the very important free wi-fi. The pool area is just gorgeous and somehow crowded yet serene. The Setai is on the main drag in South Beach - either walking distance or an easy cab away from the best restaurants.

We had the brunch buffet in the hotel and while it was definitely pricey (around $60 pp) - it was delicious and had a huge assortment of foods.

I would definitely recommend this for a romantic getaway. Probably wouldn't want to bring the kiddies though - but then again - I never felt South Beach was a good place for the kids to vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Setai is the best hotel I've stayed in on South Beach, and I've been to a few of them. My wife, 10 year old child and I stayed here for a long weekend - taking advantage of a "3 nights for the price of 2" deal. When we first arrived we were warmly welcomed and given a quick tour before going to the room. We stayed in a wonderful courtyard view suite which had plenty of space for the three of us. The bed was comfortable and I liked the rainfall shower in the large bathroom.

The facilities are excellent and service was top notch. The warmest pool was our primary hangout every day, but we also enjoyed the beach as well. There were not a lot of children there (which we expected after reading the other reviews of the hotel), but my son made friends pretty quickly. We did not have a problem finding chairs at the pool or beach. The location was a little farther from Lincoln Rd where we like to visit at night, but that was not a big deal.

The pool menu was very good and we appreciated the free goodies during the day! We asked for a late checkout which the staff granted with no problems. I would love to return to the Setai but the next time it will be sans child!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This was probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in . The ambience was just great , pool great and the breakfast to die for especially when taken in the courtyard .
The room was beautiful but the thing that struck me the most was the subtle background music .

Only thing that let it down was billing me twice for breakfast and the room !

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Setai? Share your experiences!