“Incredible Ceviches” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ola at the Sanctuary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 833 restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 17th
Description: Good for Romance, Special Occasions, Entertaining Clients, Large Groups, Private DiningDinner Options: Reservations, Dessert, Late Night, Out door Dining, Private or Semi Private dining available for large groups
Waterloo, Canada
“Incredible Ceviches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This place has the largest menu of ceviches I have encountered. We sampled 4 of them and all were outstanding. Good wine selection, good service, on a comfortable outdoor deck. But you do pay for it.... it ain't cheap

Visited April 2014
OLA1745, Owner at Ola at the Sanctuary, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
It's great to read you tried 4 out of the many ceviches we have at Ola. We loved reading your feedback. We do hope you return again and are able to try the other ceviches and items on our menu.

88% Recommend
Miami, Florida
“Best salmon I have had in a while.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Really enjoyed my first visit to this restaurant a few weeks ago. Had the lobster empanadas for an appetizer and it was amazing. But the salmon entree I order topped it! The best salmon plate I have had in a while.

Nice location on the beach, great outdoor seating, wonderful service, and amazing food. Highly recommended. Will be back.

OLA1745, Owner at Ola at the Sanctuary, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you loved our Panela Salmon. We look forward to your return.
South Florida, Florida
“Still awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at OLA last night for the third time. I posted reviews after our previous two visits, so I won't go into a lot of detail here, but this time was just as awesome as before. OLA remains our favorite South Beach restaurant, and will always be on our short list when we visit the area.

The only item we tried this time that we hadn't had before was the Hamachi Nikkei ceviche starter. I'm not a fan of either raw fish or ceviche, but our server Jorge insisted that this was nothing like any ceviche we might have tried before, so my wife (who likes raw fish) decided to order it, and I tried some. My wife loved it, and I actually liked it too, so thanks to Jorge for suggesting it.

The other repeat items we had were the Smoked Marlin Tacos starter, the Filet Mignon Churrasco for my wife, and the Roast Cuban Pork for me. Unfortunately, we were too full for dessert this time.

The service from Jorge and the other staff was exceptional as always. I'm already looking forward to our next visit!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A Rehearsal Dinner to Remember!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

After spending months trying to set up my rehearsal dinner at another hotel, I decided that I should call Ola since the last time I was there the food was incredible. I spoke with Laylah Seda, Event Manager and within minutes she sent me menu options based on my groups needs. Now to understand by what I mean "Needs" let me share some of them.... 6 picky children who live on pasta alone, 1 vegetarian, and 2 diabetics! Not only were they accommodating to our food needs, they went out of their way to ensure each person had exactly what they needed. Here was our menu for the evening:
Apps:
Marlin Tacos - Now I've had fish tacos before but these were beyond "tasty"! the filled, STUFFED with marlin, season to perfection and were gone in seconds not minutes.
Short Rib Empanadas - Not all restaurants make fist sized empanadas that are filled to capacity, completely tender and juicy, and accompanied with a simple creamy habanero sauce& orange rosemary marmalade that just melt in your mouth. Most places they are dry and chewy so if you want something to make your mouth water, get these!! They were my favorite part of the Apps, which I must say hard to make the choice because of the next one which was..
MEAT BALLS! yes, that might sound strange for a restaurant that doesn't serve Italian food but these were no ordinary meat balls. Kobe beef with a foie-gras cherry sauce. Our part of 19 (will talk about that in a minute) all fought over which app was the best and could have been satisfies with eating more apps just for dinner.
SO my group of 19 became 21 when a couple of people unexpectedly joined us... I panicked, but the restaurant staff adjusted so quickly and easily to this situation I was put at ease immediately. It was like water off a ducks back for them and you would have never know we didn't plan for it. Which brings me to another point of the service - the number of time Laylah contacted me to check in was incredible. I was never in doubt that we would have a great event because of her attentiveness.
DINNER!! - BRANZINO, POLLO CRIOLLO, ROASTED CUBAN PORK take your pick!
The branzino came with SMOKED sweet plaintain mash and WOW, I want the recipe!
THe chicken came with a sweet potato gnocchi that added a flavor I couldn't picture being sooo tasty.
The pork was juicy and just melted in your mouth. I can go on about each dinner choice but I don't know which one to rave about more. So basically what I am saying is YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH ANY FOOD CHOICE! Nor can you go wrong with the customer service.
Ola will forever be an establishment we will visit when we are in town!

OLA1745, Owner at Ola at the Sanctuary, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Congratulations on your wedding! We are pleased that you chose Ola to celebrate your rehearsal dinner. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you return next time you are in Miami.
lisbon
“Good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We go to Miami every year and we eat here every time as we really like the food. Great quality and delicious, unusual dishes. Past few times though, we were very unlucky to have dinner at the same time as large group table. The noise was deafening to the point where we could not hold a conversation at all and not only was it loud but constant swearing. I think that the restaurant should keep this in check as it was hell for all the other patrons. If I decide to go back I will call on the day to make sure that there are no large table party !!!! I hope they take notice as it was a shame to have a perfectly beautiful night of great food, completely spoiled.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere