“Ola is a solid choice on Sobe” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ola at the Sanctuary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 875 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 17th
Description: Good for Romance, Special Occasions, Entertaining Clients, Large Groups, Private DiningDinner Options: Reservations, Dessert, Late Night, Out door Dining, Private or Semi Private dining available for large groups
Madison, WI
“Ola is a solid choice on Sobe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The service was great. Everything she did, said and told us about was spot on. The atmosphere and ambiance was decent for a couples dinner. The food was very good. We shared one of the ceviches, the sugar cane tuna, lobster empanada and the cigar dessert. Salad and bread too. Everything I would recommend save the empanada.

Would recommend and go back

Visited July 2013

Atlanta
“Genius”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The chef at this restaurant is a genius. Who could think of making lobster empanadas with squid ink and make it taste so good? This is one of the top restaurants we have been to. You can see all the zagat awards on the wall as a proof that this is no ordinary restaurant. Everything we had here was amazing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
philadelphia
“Excellent meal in Miami beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at Ola. Alejandro and other service staff were great. Food was delicious. We had the mixto seviche, which was amazing. The lobster and short rib empanadas were yummy. We really liked the smoked marlin tacos, but both thought that less mayo/sauce would have made them better. We also split the Cuban pork entrée, which wasn't huge but was outstanding. Wine list included St. Supery sav. blanc, one of our napa favorites.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Say Hola to great Latin cuisine in SoBe at Ola”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Latin vibe awaits you along with refreshing drinks and fare. The empanadas are to die for and don't miss the meatballs. Yes- that's right I said meatballs! The only drawback is the noise level which is quite loud. This is a great find in a hidden spot.

Visited June 2013
Bermuda
“Bravo!! Latin fusion cool spot in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I went to Ola on Saturday 22 June with my husband, because of the other good reviews on tripAdvisor.
The restaurant looks like the pictures and was full, but even when we called at 9 pm to reserve a table at 10 pm there was no problem.
Nice, warm atmosphere in the sunny tones of orange, animated by salsa music in the background. Starting from the bread, mini tapioca and queso fresco rolls, which were moist, warm and fragrant (we got an extra one each) everything was outstanding.
We shared two appetizers, the taquitos with smoked fish and the shrimp chicharrones, which were flavorful, slightly spicy, crunchy and fulfilling. As a main we shared the salmon marinated in sugar and rum and the lobster ceviche. Salmon was cooked perfectly, like butter in your mouth, we could not stop saying how good it was. Ceviche was interesting and really delicate, because of the lobster texture.
It was a treat, since we were on vacation, but I was happy to pay and receive a full meal which I enjoyed with no tiny portions non-sense.
Service was impeccable, really fast and attentive. I could see with the corner of my eye that every time the waiter was passing close to the table he was checking on the drinks, but especially looking at our expressions to see if we were liking the food. It is not stuffy, laid back, but is the kind of place where when you go to the bathroom they fold your napkin and put it back on the table for you.
Every item on the menu showed creativity and passion, not the usual items over and over.
My only regret was that I had too much sun during the day and I did not feel like having one of the appealing cocktails on the menu! Great experience, we were talking about the dinner during the night and the day after. While I was grabbing a card on the way out, I have heard another customer (of a party of 4-5 people) saying "It was great I will definitely go back". Congratulations to the chef and the team (which was thoughtfully listed on the back of the menu)!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere