“A wonderful dinner!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 810 restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 17th
Description: Good for Romance, Special Occasions, Entertaining Clients, Large Groups, Private DiningDinner Options: Reservations, Dessert, Late Night, Out door Dining, Private or Semi Private dining available for large groups
“A wonderful dinner!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner this past Friday night and our fantastic experience started hours before we got there when I communicated via email with a very professional woman named Bianca to secure our reservation. She was just the first of all the very courteous and welcoming individuals at Ola. We sat outside, and it was a perfect evening to enjoy dinner under the stars on their great patio. Based on prior Trip Advisor recommendations, we started with the lobster empanadas, and now we know why so many other diners have raved about them! The squid ink dough was so flavorful and perfectly cooked and the lobster inside was deliciously flavored and plentiful. My husband had the pork chop Milanesa and I had the vegetarian delight Pionono - both we're excellent and beautifully presented. The cocktails also are amazing and we finished off with the chocolate cigar, which was just the right size and amount of sweet decadence. While Ola is a pricier restaurant, Miami is a major city and the pricing is what one would expect from a high quality and creative restaurant such as this. We definitely will go back when in Miami again!

88% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Perfect dinner from start to finish.
Ceviches were excellent (tried the yellow tail and lobster).
Mains were very original and good as well.
Bomba and pistacchio desserts to finish it were grandiose.
spotless service with many explanations about the dishes, origins of the combinations, chef etc.
What a nice dinner !

Kingsport, TN.
“Pricey....but the old saying of you get what you pay for applies...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

....to Ola. My coworkers and I arrived at 6:00 and were the first ones there. We were promptly seated and our drink orders taken. After looking over the menu, we decided on some appetizers. I had the lobster ceviche while my coworkers settled on the lobster empanada and chicharron (panko coated sweet & spicy rock shrimp). My lobster ceviche was marvelous. Large chunks of fresh lobster served in chili spiced cucumber, lime juice, fresh corn & tarragon beurre blanc. If it wouldn't have gotten me evicted from the premises, I would have turned the plate up and drank the remaining marinade. To give you an idea of how good this was, after nearly physically threatening my friends to try it, they did as were impressed. These are guys that normally wouldn't have tried something like this unless you held them at gunpoint.

The lobster empanada was equally as good, although we had forgotten that the dough was made with squid ink and when the dish arrived it looked like it was burnt to a crisp, which wasn't the case. The chicharron was good, but trailed the other two dished.

For an entree I had the churrasco filet, which came topped with a chipotle crab meat dressing, asparagus, and chimichurri. The steak (grilled to perfection) and asparagus were fork tender and the crab meat was a perfect compliment. I also ordered a side of yucca fries. They were very good as well.

My friends had the Pescado A Lo Macho, which is fish of the day a la plancha served over sautéed baby spinach, grilled red onions with aji Amarillo sauce, clams, calamari, shrimp and black mussels. It also came with a simple, yet delicious looking salad. They really enjoyed this, and like me, didn't leave a speck of anything on the plate. In fact, we had wanted to try the deconstructed key lime pie for dessert, but just didn't have the room for it.

The service was impeccable and friendly. The prices aren't listed on the website, but my bill for the filet, yucca fries and ceviche was $92 and that included an automatic 18% gratuity. I added another tip on to that because it was well deserved. They serve Coke products, and have a nice wine selection as well as beer. As I said, it's expensive, but the food & service lived up to it.

Lugano
“Fabulous dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We picked Ola because of the good ratings and we were not disappointed. We really enjoyed our dinner.
It was a very pleasant evening, warm and not too humid, so we sat outdoor in the small terrace. Yes, the view is not particularly nice, but the street is quiet and pleasant.
Service was very attentive, we chose a good wine, and the food was excellent including the home made bread.
We particularly liked the seviches: they were excellent and our favorite was Fire and Ice that was recommended by the waiter. Our best meal in Miami.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida, United States
“I would think twice about this one!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The beginning of the evening was great! Fantastic service, and the food was delicious. Immediately after the bil was paid (very pricey), the maitre de came to our table and and asked our party of 7 to please get up from the table to allow another party to sit. I couldn't beleive the last impression of this restaurant was being practically kicked out. We had no chance for small talk after dinner! Very Rude.... Must work on customer service skills!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere