“Excellent location, Food was good” 4 of 5 stars

640 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: From the man who brought Miami the celebrated cuisine at A Fish Called Avalon for nearly a decade comes Quinn’s, one of Miami's up and coming seafood favorites. Award-winning Chef/Proprietor Gerry Quinn is well known, well loved, and his culinary finesse has transformed a visit to the bustling Ocean Drive into an absolute treat. Quinn is dedicated to utilizing only the freshest available ingredients- from pristine seafood to just picked native farm produce. Cleverly redefining “local flavor”, the beloved chef fuses old-Florida style seafood concepts with progressive global trends. The result is a South Beach seafood institution in-the-making.
Cleveland
“Excellent location, Food was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We looked for a place to celebrate the first night of my 60th birthday weekend in Miami Beach. I wanted to show my kids Ocean Drive and chose Quinn's. This is a good restaurant, with outside seating to people watch. Service was good. The food was good but not great. Not sure if I can put my finger on the reason, but it lacked some flair and presentation for the price. I would recommend for the location, but there are other restaurants in South Beach which are better.

Visited December 2013
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Is there any way you could be a little more specific with your feedback? I'm very glad you chose to spend your first night of the birthday weekend with us, but I'm concerned that you weren't more impressed with your dishes. Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your 60th birthday!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Not knowing where to go for a special dinner, we ended up at Quinn's on the recommendation of the Concierge, at our hotel. We were more than happy with Quinn's. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bam Bam Shrimp appetizer. The Lamb chops were perfectly cooked and delicious. We were very pleased with our meal and our evening was made even more special with the attentive service.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to follow up with us after your visit, Christine. I'm so glad everything turned out perfect — come back soon for more of our Bam Bam Shrimp and lamb chops!

Boston
“Excellent old Miami Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Great food in a very 50's-ish style ambiance. Great contrast to the glitz of the new South Beach. The seafood was fresh, and the stone crabs to die for.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us! Thanks for leaving feedback after your visit, and if you're ever in the area again we'd love to have you back for more of those Stone Crab Claws!

Boston
“All around excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were sent to Quinn's at the suggestion of our hotel concierge. It was an excellent choice. Although it is on the noisy and tacky Ocean Drive, it shares nothing in common with its neighbors. The food was excellent. I had the grouper served with lobster mashed potatoes. The fish was cooked perfectly and well seasoned. My husband had the seafood pasta and thought it was excellent as well. The wine list had a good variety at generally reasonable prices. There was a gentleman playing the trumpet and piano who was fabulous. Despite the location, it was reasonably quiet even eating outdoors. Our waiter was excellent. He knew the menu well and made great suggestions. He was attentive without being overbearing. By far the best place we visited on our trip.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Great choice of entrees! I'm happy to hear that we came recommended by the hotel concierge, and even more thrilled that our top-notch staff, live music, and freshly prepared seafood exceeded your expectations. If you ever vacation to Miami Beach again, we'd love to have you back for another memorable night!

Paris
“A real restaurant on Ocean Drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Ocean's Drive, it's nice but in matter of good restaurant, it's a little bit desapointing. A lot of the restaurant of this famous location are kind of poor, common or even shabby places. They are more interested by saling you their expensive big glass cocktail than proposing goog and inventive food.
The Quinn's offers inventive and original "cuisine", quality product and top serving. Of course, it's a little bit more expensive than other restaurant but if you want good cuisine, it worth the price.
I juste remember the shrimps as "entrée" and the Florida lemon curd pie as desert (of which I'm not usually fond of). Didn't taste the Florida lobster but regret it as I read other commentaries ;-)

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I'm thrilled you think our original cuisine is worth the price, Jeami! We strive to provide excellent dishes, creative cocktails, and desserts to die for — it's nice to know we were able to impress you. If you ever find yourself in Miami Beach again, we'd love to welcome you back for that lobster!