“Great sea food place” 5 of 5 stars

640 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: From the man who brought Miami the celebrated cuisine at A Fish Called Avalon for nearly a decade comes Quinn’s, one of Miami's up and coming seafood favorites. Award-winning Chef/Proprietor Gerry Quinn is well known, well loved, and his culinary finesse has transformed a visit to the bustling Ocean Drive into an absolute treat. Quinn is dedicated to utilizing only the freshest available ingredients- from pristine seafood to just picked native farm produce. Cleverly redefining “local flavor”, the beloved chef fuses old-Florida style seafood concepts with progressive global trends. The result is a South Beach seafood institution in-the-making.
Oslo, Norway
“Great sea food place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We sat outside on the terrace where the live animation takes place. Though sometimes conflicting with the neighbours' it adds to the nice atmosphere. We started with an excellent water melon mojito, for starters the crab was excellent but you'll need to plunge into it with your hands, the sea bass with its vegetables risotto is perfectly cooked and seasoned. All this accompanied by a reisling and concluded by an excellent moulton cake. All this comes at a cost of 150 usd per person but it is worth it.

quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thanks for following up with us after dinner and drinks on our terrace! I'm pleased we were able to make your time in Miami Beach so enjoyable, and it's nice to hear such kind words about our cocktails and dishes. If you ever make it back to the United States and find yourself in our area, we'd love welcome you back!

All the best,

Plantation, Florida
“Atmosphere is amazing, service great, food excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Beach front on a perfect fall evening--what could be better? Having live music with a Cuban flair! The 3 piece horn band was really good, and enhanced a lovely meal. They kept a perfect volume, too, so it could be heard, but not so loud you couldn't talk with your table companions.

I shared the lobster with one of our party and I always appreciate it when the staff doesn't make me feel awkward about it. They even split the lobster and plated it nicely for both of us. My husband had steak and declared it delicious. The other member of the party ordered an appetizer as his dinner and, again, there was no awkwardness in this.

The key lime pie lived up to the billing by our server and the bar tender as "the best key lime pie around." It was a very generous portion and was YUMMY!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
The live music really completes the evening, doesn't it? I'm pleased to hear how impressed and satisfied you were with your appetizer, main dishes, and Key Lime pie for dessert. It's never a problem for us to split your entrees — anything to add the special touch on a perfect night! Thanks for the review, and I hope you visit again soon.

All the best,
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food amongst the tourist traps on Ocean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

After much searching for good food/service on Ocean, we found Quinn's. The ambiance was fancy and relaxed at the same time. We had the famous Bam Bam Shrimp, Lobster and Crab Ravioli, Mahi Mahi, Key Lime Pie a classic Martini and Watermelon Mojito. Everything was tasty with delicate flavors. Worth the extra $ for the quality.

quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
You tried all of my favorites, Shaina! I'm glad you had such a great experience, and we'd love to welcome you back the next time you're in Miami Beach. Thanks for the great review!

usa
“Excellent on ocean dr”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just returned from our fifth trip to south beach in as many years . Always exploring new hotels and restaurants . Living about one hour from the food mecca , New Orleans , we enjoy fine dining as a way of life . Our recent experience at Quinn's is one of the best we have ever had anywhere . I must say the weather was perfect so we dined outside on the terrace . The food and service matched the perfect atmosphere . Despite all the tourist traps along Ocean Dr , Quinn's doesn't fit into that category . The food quality is excellent with a diverse selection from beef to seafood to chicken to pork . Everything from the bread to the desert was great . Even our waiter , Sammy , was top notch . We will definitely be returning on our next trip .

• Visited October 2013
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
It's amazing how much perfect weather can improve an already enjoyable evening! Thanks for the kind words about our restaurant — customer feedback (especially when it's as positive as yours) is always satisfying to hear. I appreciate the high praise, and would love another opportunity to impress you with one of our other dishes. I'll let Sammy know you mentioned him specifically, and I hope to see you back on your next trip to Miami Beach!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Sammy our server was awesome. Thought that the Stone Crab would blow up away.....Mustard Sauce was good, but just like all others. Seemed like they were disappointed with a Saturday night and mailed it in. Two pasta dishes were just ok..... Amount of seafood in my seafood pasta was amazing, but it wasn't cooked well, more like well done.... Ordered a desert, Good and Bad. Chocolate Lava Cake. Came out in less than 3 minutes. That was the good.... Bad is, must have been sitting in the back for a while... No heat to the desert. $180 spent... Felt more like a $80 meal maybe, I might be being kind. Two people, Two apps, two drinks, two main, one desert. Granted I am from Iowa, but for that amount of money I feel like I should be blown away.... Can't recommend anything other than the server

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I appreciate you leaving us some great feedback here. While I'm thrilled our service hit the spot, I'm sorry you weren't able to say the same for the food. When you walk through our doors, you should expect a top-notch experience on all levels, and it seems as if we didn't put our best food forward here. Next time, please don't hesitate to let us know if a dish isn't quite right — we'll always do our best to fix it in the moment. I hope you'll give us another chance to show you what we're all about — I'm confident we can knock it out of the park for you.