“Great Food, Odd Service, OK Ambiance” 4 of 5 stars

640 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: From the man who brought Miami the celebrated cuisine at A Fish Called Avalon for nearly a decade comes Quinn’s, one of Miami's up and coming seafood favorites. Award-winning Chef/Proprietor Gerry Quinn is well known, well loved, and his culinary finesse has transformed a visit to the bustling Ocean Drive into an absolute treat. Quinn is dedicated to utilizing only the freshest available ingredients- from pristine seafood to just picked native farm produce. Cleverly redefining “local flavor”, the beloved chef fuses old-Florida style seafood concepts with progressive global trends. The result is a South Beach seafood institution in-the-making.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Food, Odd Service, OK Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went to Quinn's for dinner on a Saturday night during Ultra. My first dish was the daily ceviche special, followed by mahi-mahi. Both choices were superb, as was the glass of wine the waiter chose for me based on my preferences. I was there with 3 other people, and they each got a classic mojito. One tasted noticeably different from the others, and was sent back. The replacement was fine. The waiter was slightly condescending. His descriptions of basic things like how a lobster tail "was raised from the shell and did not include the rest of the lobster" were grating and excessively simplistic. When I finally nodded in exasperation at his description of what potatoes dauphinoise were (without prompting), he called me out by saying, "but you already knew that, didn't you?" His service was thorough and attentive, but a little weird - I felt a little talked-down to. Finally, we sat outside on the front deck. The music from the club next door was thumping, so the restaurant combatted it with overly-loud cheesy jazz & piano music. The two songs competed with each other, and drowned out the dinner conversation. If I went back, I would ask for a table on the other side (farther south) or inside of the restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the kind review — it's terrific to hear how much you enjoyed the meal. Our apologies if you felt that our staff was condescending. That's certainly not the impression we want to give. Rest assured that I will pass your comments on to our team so that we can ensure we're always treating our guests with the levels of respect and friendliness that we expect.

That said, we'd love to have you back sometime. Anytime you're in Miami, we hope you visit us!

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Amateur Service -- Professional Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hi, my wife and I were visiting Miami for the first time and wanted to see and experience Miami Beach in the evening. The concierge at our hotel (A. Five star Hotel) recommended this restaurant as "Really Lovelly". The restaurant was nice and the menu good but the service was a joke!

I had crab claws and was given a hot wipe for my fingers ... Great but then.. Maybe I took too long or they have a time limit on hot towels... They took them away! Then while I was still eating the waiter arrived with our main courses and started putting them on the table .. While I was still eating my starter! I told them to take them away and bring back fresh food when I was ready. The mains then came again... Very nice but I am sure they had just been kept hot.

Finally after sitting there having to look at my dirty lates for ages I just got up and moved them to an empty table. The bill came (not cheap I can assure you!). Like a fool I paid the 18 percent service and then asked for the Manager. She was very yes sir, no sir but you know ... Could not care less... Just another tourist and we have his money!

A real shame .. 250 dollars of a shame! Onwards and upwards!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, sir. We always strive to provide our guests with a truly unique and special occasion when they visit, and it's disappointing to hear that we may have missed the mark when you came by. Rest assured, I'll pass your comments on to the team to ensure we're always living up to our values. Again, we appreciate your feedback — if there's anything else you can tell us about your meal that may help us to move forward, we're all ears.

Belize City, Belize
“Very nice dinner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

While we made reservations, when we were there at about 8:30 pm it was not very crowded.
We were seated on the inside, relatively quiet when compared to outside.

Our server was fantastic and we could not asked for anything better, he checked on us frequently throughout the dinner but not too much to be annoying.

The food was great, no complaints there. I had the filet mignon, which was done a perfect medium temperature. My companion had the sea bass, which was quite good as well. The creme brulee was not one of the best I have had but quite good nevertheless. The sugar coating was just a tad bit too thick for my liking.

During our dinner we were pleased to enjoy the live music of the jazz trio performing, they were not loud that a conversation was difficult; perfect live background music.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Ashele, thank you so much for the good word. We truly appreciate hearing how much you enjoyed your visit. And we're sure other TA users do, too. We'd love to have you back anytime!

Oslo
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Very art deco place, very nice to sit indoors Not noisy as the others on the street.
Great bar area, superb service, but most important of all, wonderful food!
Seabass outstanding, lamb chops also. Friendly owner greeting guests.
Will come again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
It's so great to hear how much you loved your visit! Superb service and wonderful food — we're glad to know that we're living up to our own high standards. Come join us again anytime!

“Good Latin vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Sat outside and listened to Brazilian music being sang by a talented guy.
Met the owner, nice man, came to the table twice asking if everything was ok. It was.
The watermelon mojito was very good as was my mahi-mahi. Same for my husband's sea bass.
At the end of the meal, Juan, our friendly waiter even hailed a cab for us.
Great service, fresh fish, a customer focused owner, a refreshing and tasty drink, all perfect ingredients for a nice time anywhere.
Cheers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
quinnspark, Owner at Quinn's, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thanks so much for the great review. We love hearing how much you enjoyed your meal with us. Juan we'll be very pleased with the compliments, so I'll make sure to pass this along to him. Come back anytime.