I came to Miami for the Battlefrog Race that was at a nearby park. Otherwise I would never stay in Hialeah. No one speaks english in Haileah.
Anyway, the hotel is super run down. The gym is 3 pieces of equipment, not even enough to work out with. The business center is not free and by no means is it cheap. The pool was dirty and had a chair in it. The hot tub was not hot. The bartender left me sitting for 10 minutes before serving me a drink, It was only me and another gentlemen in the bar. He called her over and she looked at him, then ignored him. She was talking to some of her friends at a nearby table. The rooms were okay, but they only stocked me decaf coffee. errr
The shuttle did work and that saved me $30 so I am happy about that.
Last thing, the location sucks. The nearby mall is crap for shopping, the only part is the applebees bar inside. It's a pretty good place for a drink and a game. If you want to get to South Beach, it is about an hours worth of travel by public transportation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Miami Beach North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Dezerland Beach Miami Beach
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Dezerland Beach And Spa
- Howard Johnson Plaza Dezerland Beach & Spa
- Howard Johnson Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Howard Johnson