I read the reviews and thought only those with negative experiences wrote in and that there had to be some good characteristics...I booked from Christmas till New Years. I specifically requested a top floor room weeks ago as I am a light sleeper. They would not honor my request - I was stuck on 4th floor (technically - the first with rooms). There is NO carpet anywhere to absorb sounds - all floors are ceramic including the hallways. You could hear everything on top of you and on both sides. The walls must be paper thin. I had also requested a microwave and never received one. On the plus side, the room was large and we had a refrigerator - which I paid extra for. I booked a superior oceanview room and could only see glimpses of the ocean over the trees. It was NOT worth the extra cost - we did have a balcony but it was shared and absolutely no privacy between balconies existed. THe room I booked directly with the hotel stated that it included a continental breakfast - I had to be firm with the front desk worker and he finally relented and gave me a couple of passes. If you don't mention that you are entitled to it, they will not give you your tickets. When our passes ran out, I talked to the manager and he graciously gave us passes. On a positive note, I loved the location. It is a quiet part of the beach. You will be charged a daily $10 resort fee and that includes your safe, pool towels (thread-bare) , and two beach chairs located directly on the beach-the umbrella will cost you an additional $10 each day if you choose to use one. I felt this was well worth the charge. Parking will cost you another additional $11 a day. The pool is not heated and the jacuzzi was a joke. It was very tiny - maybe 4-5 people could fit in it - and was barely luke warm. The continental breakfast consisted of bagels, muffins, toast, a fruit bread, corn flakes, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. You must ask for orange juice or cream cheese.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Dezerland Beach Miami Beach
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Dezerland Beach
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Dezerland Beach And Spa
- Howard Johnson Plaza Dezerland Beach & Spa
- Howard Johnson Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Howard Johnson
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Dezerland Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.