“Great cafe or club” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mango's Tropical Cafe

Mango's Tropical Cafe
900 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139-5013 (Flamingo / Lummus)
305-673-4422
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Ingleside, Canada
“Great cafe or club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The name of this place is cafe but I went late at night with friends so it seemed more like a club to me. But the entertainment was awesome. Great salsa and Latin dances and singers. A lot of the female waitresses took turns singing and dancing. There was even a male dancer that gave 2 lucky girls a lap dance. My friends were trying to get me chosen, although I didn't know what for at the time, but luckily the girl beside me but chosen instead of me as a lap dance isn't my cup of tea.

But the one thing that really sucked was sitting at the bar. My legs were killing me after walking the entire day and I was told that I couldn't sit unless I bought a drink. I was on a tight budget and they had nothing cheap on their menu. I did end up buying a drink with no alcohol as the price was cut in half but it still cost $5. At least it tasted so delicious I ended up ordering another one and I was finally able to sit on a chair. I sipped my drinks slowly so that I could have the chair for the rest of the evening. But this place should have a place to sit even if you don't buy a drink, which unfortunately I don't think it has. I walked around a bit and couldn't find any place with just chairs and tables. It was all standing room only with seats only by the bars. There was one place in the middle with chairs and seats but it was VIP and you had to pay extra. But despite all of that, it's still a great place to check out as the entertainment is nothing I had ever seen before.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Good Music”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I did not like that i had to pay a cover charge to buy overpriced drinks. The other thing that bothered me was that there were signs all over telling you that you had to buy one drink every music set (show) that lasted a whole 5 min. Other than that the music was good and the performers were ok. Been there done that. Would not go again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Best night of your life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This place has entertainment for all types of ppl, it's a restaurant/bar/club, doesn't get any better than this, you get it all in one. The staff is friendly, not to mention HOT! They put on these dance shows that will leave you with your jaw to the ground :) traditional dances from different parts of the world, very neat, lots and lots of fun!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome place !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The show is well worth seeing.
The bar becomes a stage and the stage comes alive.
Cocktails to die for, great service, and wonderful music.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Decent food, but it's all about the show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We went to Mangos based on its reputation, expecting it to give us a taste of the Miami night life without having to be out at an ungodly hour. We were not disappointed.

The first thing to say is that the food, whilst plentiful in terms of portion size, is decent but pretty much run of the mill. Certainly nothing extraordinary. But it's not about the food. At all. It's about the entertainment. And that is where Mangos blows everything else out of the water. Due to a bit of a mix up with our food we were in the restaurant just under two hours, and it flew by in a flurry of live singers, dancers showing off their skills in a variety of styles, and even a Michael Jackson tribute. It all takes place on the bar Coyote Ugly style directly in front of the tables, and it is just brilliant. The dancers are all professionals and the standard really is excellent.

We ordered a couple of non alcoholic drinks, along with a starter and main each, which came to $95 with tax and gratuity. That would be considered too expensive if it was all about the food, but when the entertainment is factored in we felt that we got excellent value for what was a thoroughly entertaining night out. The aforementioned mix up with the meals wasn't ideal, but the manager dealt with the situation appropriately and efficiently, and frankly the way that the management responded when something went wrong is just another reason to recommend the place. Which as it is I can't do highly enough. An absolute must for tourists.

TOP TIP: The shows technically start at 8pm, and there is a cover charge after 8pm with reservations increasingly difficult to come by. We walked in at 7:30pm and got a good table without any difficulty, and then just stayed for as long as we wanted. So get there early, relax and avoid the crowds.

• Visited November 2013