“The Worst hilton experience ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cabana Miami Beach

You added Hilton Cabana Miami Beach to your Saves list
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6261 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #85 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“The Worst hilton experience ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I'm à Gold HH member so I have a good experience of Hilton hotels.

This one is Very expensive for a very bad service, for the room, for the car...

We need to call every day for the room, the bath room....

And for more than $550 a day (without the valet parking) they charge you $19 a day for one... umbrella on the beach !

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am in love with the balcony and the million dollar view from my 10th floor penthouse king room. Room and bathroom were spacious with a big shower and everything was clean.

Having done research online first I knew about the resort fee and the parking fee which are common with beach front hotels and not a big deal to me.

The outdoor bar area is nice and mostly covered so you're protected from sun or rain. The main pool area is small but pretty - I liked the artificial grass. The pool on the 3rd floor is a bit smaller, quieter, and has great cabanas that look out over the lower pool and ocean.

I did not go to the restaurant but I did get room service for breakfast. It is a smaller menu. There are more wine and beer options than food. Unlike other comments I've seen where they said it's served in a paper bag, it was served on a standard room service tray and dishes and I enjoyed it on my patio.

The fact that there was only 1 restaurant on premise was not a negative factor to me like it is for some other reviewers. I think primarily because I had a rental car so I could get around and because one of the things I like to do on vacation is get off property, explore the city, and try new restaurants. And this is Miami Beach so there are plenty if things to do and see and fantastic restaurants.

Valet is fast and efficient. They remember your name and your car.

The only drawbacks were that I arrived at 2:00 and check in is officially at 3:00. My room wasn't ready when I got there so I waited in the lobby because the outdoor bar was full. When I tried at 3:00 it still wasn't ready and I wasn't the only one. There were several people waiting for their rooms. I finally got up to my room around 3:40 and did get my requested upgrade. The front desk person gave one couple some free drink tickets for the bar because he asked. She then proceeded to proactively provide them to other guests who had to wait. Rooms not being ready at check-in seems to be a recurring theme in the reviews so I'd definitely take that into consideration if you're on a time schedule which I was not.

I also noticed that there were 2 beverages missing from the mini fridge and I called down to let them know it wasn't me so they wouldn't charge me. Again, I had read about items appearing erroneously on the bill so when I checked out I looked closely at it. The minibar items were on there, as well as a room service fee that wasn't mine. They were removed immediately without question. Some people might throw a fit about that but as someone who has stayed at plenty of different hotel properties it's not the first time that's happened and it certainly won't be the last. How the hotel handles it is more important to me.

Besides those 2 small things I was very pleased with my stay. The staff was friendly, it's a great boutique hotel (not a huge island beach resort), I really liked the size of my room, and absolutely loved the stunning views. If you want to be away from the craziness of South Beach and be in an area that is more residential condos, be somewhere where you can enjoy the amenities of beach and pool but plan to get off property and explore everything Miami Beach and Miami have to offer, consider staying here!

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Yonkers, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Not at all a 4 star,

Lousy housekeeping:
There were crumbs and wrappers on the porch, after going to beach there was some sand right when you walk in to the room, the next morning they didn't even bother to sweep it.

Understaffed:
When requesting my car from valet there was or no answer or I had to wait.
Crowded elevators.

Desperately needs a renovation.

Very noisy from the hallway and through the walls had to sleep with A/C on high to outdo the noise.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

There were some things I loved -- the helpful pool staff (through both pools were very small for the amount of rooms and people ), the beach front was glorious and the restaurant one of the best I have experienced in an hotel.

But the bad -- so so many things! Did online check in day before -- actually got to choose two adjoining rooms. Of course when we arrived they were on tow different floors. In the fact, we had an infant with us, that wasn't going to work. Gave us two rooms next to each (and of course each of those adjoined to a totally another room) and promised to move us. Never happened. One of the rooms that had "Water views and waterfront " (paid extra for) had a roof line and a set of rooms in directly attached to balcony. What did you see? A block of rooms. Of course we got the "hands in the air" and the "nothing we can do" from the front desk. The first full day they cleaned the room around 4 pm. We asked politely to have it done earlier. The next five days it was completed between 3:40 pm and 5 pm and only after pleading, complaining and crying that the baby needed a nap and we needed to get ready for the evening. Of course I was the one doing all this and the last day my daughter got a card and a dessert apology in her room. The laughable part was they had a ton of notes and desserts on the cart so of course many many people were irritated on some account or another.

Hotel room was really small but the MY balcony was great. $40 a night for parking and lots of grief about picking up your car. Hurry hurry madame, we only have a small turnaround. We have to get the baby strapped in. Well please hurry. Every day after it took 20 minutes to get the car. I also had a terrible experience on the beach. The third day it was cool -- low 70s -- and I was at the beach. They have these cabanas they rent ($!50 a day) and most of them were empty because of the weather. At one point I moved my chair between the cabanas down about 3 feet in front of the cabanas. Beach attendant told me I couldn't. I looked down the line of the beach and my chair was nt any closer to the water than other resort chairs on any other sections of the beach. I wouldn't move and the "Beach Manager" came over. Told me that if I didn't move, I would acquire a $600 fine (he said it was imposed by the Miami Dade Police Dept which I called and he outright lied) and needed my room number for the charge. Really??????

Needless to say my room charges were a mess when checking out. 2 resort charges? Tax on everything -- parking, resort charges etc. Charged me for a room upgrade and they couldn't be bothered to change my room even when the connecting rooms were empty at some time in our trip. Took over a week with Hilton and my credit card company to straighten out the charges (even when I received "corrected" invoices ad receipts from the hotel before I left.)

All of the bad ruined the supposedly relaxing family vacation for me. Do not recommend -- other places on the beach have great pool service and beach areas.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is super cute. It's a new hotel and I just love the design and the rooms. Front desk and bellmen were very helpful. I stayed there beginning of January. I forgot who checked us in (Gabby I think?) she was very accommodating and friendly. They have two pools and the one on the 3rd floor has a gorgeous view of the ocean. Easy beach access and they have a resort fee which grants you complimentary wi-fi and two beach chairs and towel. I would come back and stay here again, I wish we would've stayed longer but we were only there for one night.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 Queen beds are bigger than a single room
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Thornhill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had a great experience at this property . The room we had which was room 633 had a great view of the pool and ocean. We felt very welcomed at this property and the stall are tried to make sure this was achieved. We had breakfast every morning at the hotel that was really enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great meal and wonderfull service!!!! Staff very passionate about food!!! Server Zachary was very knowledgeable about ingredients and I could tell he tried most dishes. Manager Monique went above and beyond to make it a wonderful evening!!!!! Loved outside bar. Also thanks to chef Josh and entire PB kitchen staff. Will be back

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Cabana Miami Beach, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hello,

We are elated to hear you loved your dinner at Lechon and hope to see you back soon!

At your service,

Mychal Milian
Front Office Manager

Been to Hilton Cabana Miami Beach? Share your experiences!