“THIS PROPERTY NEEDS SOME WORK” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cabana Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Hilton Cabana Miami Beach to your Saves list
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6261 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #67 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
OrlaNDO, United States
“THIS PROPERTY NEEDS SOME WORK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The experience at the Hilton Cabana Miami was not what I expected from a new hotel. There were several issues with our stay. We had two rooms booked and both rooms experienced same issues. The first thing that we encountered is that they could not locate our Hilton Honors member number. We go in our rooms and realized that in both rooms, the bathroom had hair in the shower and on towels (we have pictures). Housekeeping did not replenish any of the shampoo, conditioner, and coffee the next day during turndown. We did not sleep due to a knocking noise that came from the water pressure in the pipelines (I think). When we requested another room, we were informed that the hotel is fully booked. We were given a discounted rate for our stay in the end; however, that did not change the fact that overall experience was rather disturbing. We had a 10 month old baby that didn’t sleep due to the noise factor and this must be fixed because it’s loud! The staff came across friendly but not genuine. They seemed pretty robotic in their answers and didn’t seem to understand issues at hand. The manager took a very long time (I think his name was Michael) to get back with us after our initial complaint. Lizzy the girl at the front desk was nice and the valet staff was friendly, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done with that property and a lot of training (perhaps start with management and housekeeping leaders). I think they gave me a discounted rate thinking we were just looking for a monetary discount, but I just wanted to enjoy my weekend! I’ve stated at the Marriott property, fountain bleu and BalHarbour ONE, Ritz in Miami and it’s never been this hectic. I stayed there because it’s a new hotel but I probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days with a friend and we both thoroughly enjoyed our stay!! From the service we received at the front desk from Mychal & Monique through to the bellhop Raymond and the great recommendations from the concierges Chris & Ben, were all just second to none!! The rooms are beautifully decorated and spacious with very comfy beds and the beach side area is one which must simply be experienced to fully appreciate!!! The hotel is closely located to the Lincoln Road Mall as well as the dynamic Ocean Avenue beach front!! I guess the number 1 question is would I return???? ANSWER: UNDOUBTEDLY!!!!!

Thanks everyone, keep up the great work!! AAAAAA++++++++

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hotel was good but too pricey,every thing is so expensive fridge 35dollars extra every one over there were saying the same thing,Not worthy. Other wise rooms were clean,they park your car and Laggage is been taken care,parking is extra money,will not prefer going there next time

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hialeah Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed during Fourth of July. I was in an oceanfront room. Very clean and spacious room. Hung out at the cabana pool and the service was great. Ally and Jocelyn were great!

Although very busy, the staff was still very pleasant and all looked genuinely happy.

Kudos to the front desk team! (Lizzie and Valerie were awesome!)

Had a issue with my check at the restaurant but Rafaela (manager) quickly solved our problem.

Will be back soon!

• Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Incompetent service, broken Wifi, staff does not speak English. A member of the staff barged in just now not speaking English, walked passed me and proceeded to inspect the minibar while muttering something in Spanish. At breakfast, we waited for 20 minutes for a waiter to come over. The family at the table next to us complained to the waiter that they had been waiting over a half hour and he smugly responded "Relax, you're on vacation." $20 per night resort fee that is not advertised upfront, $35 per day parking fee: nickel and dimed at every step for bad service and rude staff. Avoid this place. The neighborhood is lousy too, you have to take a cab if you want to do anything outside of the hotel, but that's not a big deal compared to the staff problems.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Use of Hilton points was reason we stayed here, but it was a lovely experience that I'd be willing to pay for next time. North beach location isn't the best, but this hotel was great. It has only been open for 1.5 months and was clean and stylish. We loved the ocean access (roll out of bed and you're there!), as well as a ground floor pool (used mostly for families with young kids) and a 3rd floor pool which was more quiet and relaxed, plus had no bugs - it was amazing! We found an excellent french bakery nearby and with a 6-10 block walk, found lots of eating establishments. Room was nice, ocean was awesome, and overall, this was a heavenly, relaxing, experience. Husband and I travelled with our 2 teenagers and everyone enjoyed this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is ok, can't complain much for the service, but watch out for hidden fees. The resort fee should have been more clear to guests and it should have been an upgrade option. When booking you might choose this hotel for location, services and convenience . The location is ok, but after you add up all the extra fees ( valet, resort fee and 13% taxes) the final price changes dramatically, and you feel you have been played. For that price a breakfast buffet included would have been nice! Resort fee includes 2 chairs on the beach, but no umbrella ( ridiculous ). If I would have known everything before booking, I wouldn't have chosen this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Cabana Miami Beach, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello Vincenzo D ,

Thank you for the feedback.

I apologize for the confusion regarding the resort fee. Although it is posted on all of our confirmation letters and hotel sites, I am sorry it was not communicated clearly at check in.

However, I will definitely speak with the Front Office team regarding this.

Please feel free to contact me ony our next visit to South Florida, as I would like to ensure that you have a smooth stay from start to finish.

At your service,

Mychal Milian

Been to Hilton Cabana Miami Beach? Share your experiences!