“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monty's Raw Bar

Monty's Raw Bar
300 Alton Rd, Ste 102, Miami Beach, FL 33139-8914 (South Pointe)
305-672-1148
Neighborhood: South Pointe
Miami, Florida, United States
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I only come to this place a few times a year. But it is wonderful. I love the food, service, and location. There is also a wonderful boardwalk to walk on after you eat.

Visited January 2012

Auburn, Washington
“Great Happy Hour!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Recommend for Happy Hour! Great deals and great people watching! And bird watching...it's fun to watch the little birds try and sneak in and steal crackers.

Visited September 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Monty's Mediocre at Best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Upon arrival we were met by a not so charming server and seated outside as requested. We asked about specials and happy hour specials. She grimaced and said she was not sure. We suggested she go find out. Meanwhile we waited and waited and watched the boats...and to our surprise some good sized rats making their way from the edge of the restaurant across to some bushes and a structure by the sidewalk dock side located closest to the restaurant. These rats were not on night patrol. Given this restaurant has so many open air spaces it was clear to us where they were eating. Waitress came back and we ordered a few glasses of chardonnay and a platter of seafood. Oysters were well cleaned and fresh, stone crab was a yellow type that was just OK, shrimp were tasty but previously frozen. Tip of 15% was included and we did not leave a dime more. We had dinner elsewhere later.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Way Over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was a little disappointed with my bill after excellent service by a phenomenal waitress Cierra at Monty's. The food was not really extraordinary. I could have taken a boat or car simply somewhere else for half as much. For that amount I could have easily walked over to Joe's Stonecrabs or or any of high end restaurants in that area for food twice as good as what I had.
Just very disappointed for food that shouldn't be priced that high.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Spring Hill, Florida
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were looking for a place to eat after going on a boat tour at the Miami Beach Marina. We wanted something nice but casual and Monty's was perfect. First, parking at the Marina was free, which is almost unheard of in Miami Beach, so I loved that! You have the option of sitting by the pool outside (yes, they have their own pool), or inside where you can cool off from the heat. The menu had a good variety of options...I had the lobster and shrimp wrap. The portions were very generous and it was excellent. Everyone in our group liked their meal. I also thought the prices were reasonable for the area. I would recommend this place for all ages and will return on my next trip to Miami Beach.

• Visited July 2012