“Great location and staff” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1745 James Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #77 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Little Falls
“Great location and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I Would recommend and stay again ... great location and price .. staff was great and attentive ... I didn't try the restaurant however the ambiance looked great and the food smelled wonderful .. I can't wait for my next visit

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The rooms need maintenance for sure. Pool area is boring. We liked the staff and they were super friendly but we should have been offered something for the toilet issue / inconvenience. Luckily the 2nd day of our stay we did move to another room but the tub was peeling. At least the toilet worked and didn't smell like strong paint. Space is great in the rooms.

Sean F, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, yesterday
We were honored and privileged to be able to host such a special event for your friends and family with us. We will always do everything we can to make sure that all of our guests are well taken care of and comfortable in their stay here. Hospitality and value is what you will always find when staying at The Sanctuary Hotel.
Etobicoke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had a smooth checkin, great location to access all activities in the area. Enjoyed our stay with knowledgable informative staff. Only one note, wished the staff explained the complimentary car service at checkin.

Sean F, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for providing us feedback of your stay. Our entire team works hard to make sure that our guests are takes care of and receive a memorable experience. We look forward to having you come back with us again, so that we may exceed your expectations.
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Sanctuary has a Great location , two blocks from Lincoln Road and Collins Avenue. The rooms are really big (about 37m2), has a new kitchen suplies and parking right in front. Rates are very nice too (U$ 140 daily/2pax).

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Sean F, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, yesterday
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at The Sanctuary Hotel. You will always find a great value in service when staying with us. Our staff is friendly and accommodating and we are perfectly located just blocks away from the beach and wonderful shopping at Lincoln Road. Please consider us again when visiting Miami.
Pennington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As said, a shabby feel overall. My parents stayed at the same time and had to move room twice due to broken TV's. I saw 5 rooms all in all and all needed attention. A sofa in one of the rooms was so badly stained it was cringe worthy. Breakfast service was poor, we had to chase down a waiter for hot water, twice in five days and one morning a block of cream cheese still in a wrapper, no plate, was plonked on the serving table. When we complained, re various issues, the front desk were dismissive at best. My parents were even charged $200 more at the end of their stay, despite being told that breakfast was included. When my Father complained and asked to speak to the manager, he was told that the manager was, conveniently, on holiday and that he would have to ring from England. Lastly, I left before my parents and when I tried to contact them, via the front desk, I was put on hold for so long I give up, hung up on 3 times and put through to the Gale once. Intentional or just unprofessional?

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Sean F, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
This is certainly not a typical experience for any of our guests. We pride ourselves in maintaining the highest standards in quality and service when staying with us. I encourage to please reach out to the hotel directly so that we can discuss in further detail. I do hope that we hear from you soon.
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for three nights after a Caribbean cruise. Very busy due to Art Basel week. Enjoyed the hotel and found staff helpful. Room very spacious and well appointed. Self service waffle making an enjoyable twist.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Sean F, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment while staying with us here at the Sanctuary Hotel. There is no excuse for this experience for anyone to have with us. This is certainly not a typical experience for any of our guests. The isolated incidences have been noted and will be addressed immediately to ensure that this will not happen again. I do hope that you find the time to stay with us again in the future to have the opportunity in exceeding your expectations.
Key West
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was nice to have a large apartment style room in south beach especially with a kitchen! However the rooms were very dirty. The floors felt like the had a slippery film on the tile. There was MOLD in my shower. My toilet was constantly running. I was not please with the cleanliness. I did appreciate the texting service making it easier for me to contact front desk when something was needed, however it did not make service any quicker. I am not one to usually leave bad reviews, and I was just going to mention what upset me to the front desk, but when checking out I was not even asked how was my stay! The valet was the worst valet I have ever experienced. I payed $220 to stay for 11 days and I even had to park my car myself. When I went the next day to use my car they handed me the keys and I went and got my own car?! I'm sorry but as a valet aren't they the ones who are supposed to retrieve my car for me? After I checked out and brought my two (very heavy) bags to load into my car the valet man watched me struggle to lift them to put them in my car and did not even offer to help!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Sean F, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. The standards that we keep our rooms is always of the utmost quality. I am sorry that you did not find your room to be that. Although the valet service is separate from the hotel, it is still unsatisfactory for me to hear of the lack of service you received. I will use the feedback you provided to ensure that we as a property continue to improve our service for all of our guests. In the future i hope that you might reach out us personally and give us a chance to exceed your expectations.

Been to Sanctuary South Beach? Share your experiences!