“nice decor and style, but needs a little upkeep” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1745 James Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #73 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Oakland
“nice decor and style, but needs a little upkeep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

hotel has good style and great front desk staff. Rooms and building could be a little more up to date. Some leaks, water marks, tile discoloration. That was all fine with us - had a good stay. Only complaint was heavy use of artificial fragrance in the rooms. May be an anomaly that day, but was present in 3 rooms we went into. If you're sensitive to this, check to see what's going on there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing the Sanctuary South Beach during your most recent visit. I am glad to hear that your visit was overall a good one, but not a complete success- most especially because we encourage our employes to keep the rooms as clean as possible. Please accept my apologies for this small dissatisfaction you experienced, and I hope you give us another change in the near future. Please email me at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best deal.

Ignacio Luciano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Laurelton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

It was a good place to lay our heads. The hotel met all of our basic needs and for what it lacked, we could find at the Gale or Bentley, which it is associated with. The text messaging guest service was a great feature, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Sanctuary South Beach as your host. I am pleased that you found our staff very friendly. However, I am disappointed to learn that we did not exceed your expectations during this trip. Once again, I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please email me at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com for the best available rate.

Champaign
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I did not realized we had complimentary electric car for use!!! We walked everywhere and would have been nice if we know we had a car to use especially when we went downtown Miami for dinner. Other then that and the rooftop pool being a joke...the stay was good. The guest room was clean and the cleaning staffs were very pleasant. I was very disappointed with the pool. I didn't expect it to be a kiddie pool.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for choosing the Sanctuary South Beach. I wanted to take a moment to first apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I am sorry we did not let you know about the electric car, we only offer this free service from 12 noon until 10 pm in the South Beach area.

I hope you give us another chance in the near future, please email me at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best deal.

Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

When checking in was provided with no info at all, I was handed my key and pointed to the direction of my room. Not told about beach access, breakfast, transport. Not helpful at all. Room was clean and great size

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Sanctuary South Beach during your recent visit to Miami Beach. After reading through your review, I am deeply sorry that we did not inform you all our amenities and services. Please accept my apologies and I would like an opportunity to invite you once again. Please email me before making your reservation at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best deal.

Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

The rooms where modern and fresh. The roof pool was really small, I recommend the sister hotels pool instead! The location is ok, a small walk to the beach. Though you have to pay for the sun umbrella

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

I really appreciate your comment on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed our sisters property complimentary pool / gym access. I hope to see in the near future. Please email me at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best deal.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stay was great ! Front desk personnel was great !! One of them with the accent was super helpful in all my hotel needs.Problem I had was the kitchen sink water wasn't working too well. Room service was good but if I wanted to stay in I would have to leave because she had to clean. Some times I would just like to sleep in.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Sanctuary on your Birthday. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing the Sanctuary South Beach. Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com next time you want to visit us, and I will give you the best available rate. Do not forget to request a late house-keeping service.

Pine Brook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located within walking distance from the night life. Nice rooms, ask for a room with a couch if traveling as a part of party of three as there is only one queen bed. Great place for people who like to party.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest

I truly appreciate the great comment you have shared of our prime location. I am glad that you experienced what we have to offer and we will look forward to host you again soon. Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best deal and suite.

Ignacio Luciano

Been to Sanctuary South Beach? Share your experiences!