“A Miami Adventure” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Quito
“A Miami Adventure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I asked for am early check in before arrival, but when I was at the hotel they told that was made a cancelation of it. As a consequence i had no Access to my room after 7 flying hours at 6 am and had to wait until 16h00 for it.
It was a terrible experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Guest

Your feedback is really appreciated and we apologize for your dissatisfaction with your recent stay. We are very sorry we did not have any room available earlier due to our high occupancy the previous night. Our goal is to continuously provide outstanding service, and we want to encourage you to visit us in the near future. Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com, in order to make your next reservation.

Ignacio Luciano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Marathon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My sister and I were looking for a boutique hotel for only one night on South Beach to enjoy some time together before a early flight the next morning. We found the Sanctuary to be in an excellent location on James Ave a short walk to Lincoln Rd. We loved our short stay and wished we would have had the whole weekend. The staff was amazing pleasant professional and attentive. We thought the suites were well appointed and love the idea of the kitchenette. Great price and great location we are planning another get together and will be staying at the Sanctuary.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for selecting the Sanctuary South Beach during your recent trip to Miami Beach and for sharing your "Night on South Beach" experience. We are thrilled to hear you and your sister had a very pleasant stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future, please email me directly at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks. The staff was very helpful with many requests that I had. The room was very nice with exception of the bathroom...the tile shower was old and really needs to be redone. The shower door wouldn't even shut... But other than that... The room was great... Had a modern feel and was clean. The proximity of this hotel was wonderful and again... Staff was great. I do recommend it

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your comment. It sounds like you had a great time here at the Sanctuary South Beach. Our location in heart of Miami Beach, steps away from the beach, a short walk from Lincoln Road Mall, has made our hotel a favorite for a lot of repeat guests every year.

It was a pleasure to be of service and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Please email me at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate on your next visit.

New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel is nowhere near 4 star hotel, when you come in there is no lobby, no valet parking as states on their site, you can park cross the street for $20-30 a day, it's very small property, regular suits are small and uncomfortable, I dono what genius designed those suits but it's lacking basics that even 3 star hotel should have. Bathroom is next to the bed, bathroom has glass walks so if you go to the bathroom at night who ever is sleeping will wake up to the light that shines right in your face, on top of that bathroom sink is outside also across from the bed so you can imagine that you will wake up every time someone uses bathroom, washes hands or brushes their teeth, second problem is AC, it makes weird loins sounds through out whole time so good luck getting nice sleep, there is tiny balcony that shows the view of building wall, so I don't know the purpose of that balcony because you can't stand on in and there is no view, kitchenette has mini bar that is empty, and no stove, I also don't see the point of kitchenette with no stove, last thing that is a big disappointment to this place is the pool, there is no pool because it's a size of two bathtubs put together and it's 2 feet deep, in fact nobody from people that stay in the hotel goes to that kiddi pool and hotel gives passes to Gale hotel cross the street, they have pool size of maybe 4 bathtubs put together but still a little better, the only positive things I can say about this hotel is that rooms were clean, staff was nice, they give you pass for beach chairs and free breakfast. It's not even near 4 stars so if you looking for a 4 star place better pay a little more and stay somewhere else, but if you ok with motel quality that it will do the job

Stayed July 2014
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a detailed review. In light of the fact that you were so specific in some of your concerns, I would like to utilize this forum in similar fashion. We take a different approach to valet services at Sanctuary. Our parking service is far more convenient for our guests then a traditional Miami Beach valet service. Our parking area is directly across the street from the hotel which effectively eliminates any wait time to access your vehicle. Conversely, valet parking facilities for most other similar properties in the area are several blocks away from the property and average wait time for vehicles is between 15 and 45 minutes. Our pool at Sanctuary is a plunge pool. It is intended to be a refreshing option on our very hot days. We are very aware that some guests enjoy a larger pool area. In light of this, we happily offer uninhibited and complimentary access to the pool at Gale Hotel, located 1\2 block away. Gale has a full size, rooftop pool with food and beverage options and a full service staff. I was taken aback by your description of Gale’s pool, it’s of competitive size for all full size boutique hotels in the market. You also mentioned our balcony and noted that you were not able to “step on it”. Our balconies, like all balconies, are meant to be utilized for fresh air, morning coffee, etc… They are large enough to accommodate two to three people comfortably. Additionally, we do not market ourselves as a property with in-room views. Some views are partially obstructed, however, lack of an views does not by any means negate the benefit of a balcony. Finally, I want to touch on our kitchenette. A kitchenette, by definition, consists of a refrigerator, and a hot plate or microwave. The room that you occupied has a microwave in lieu of a hot plate or stove. Our minibar items are available upon request so as to free space for personal items in our refrigerators. Finally, and most importantly, Sanctuary is built upon service, convenience and flexibility. I’m certainly happy to see that you enjoyed our staff and I will pass that sentiment on to them directly. While there are some points contained in your review that I would like to hear more detail about, the final take away should be this: We value your opinion, we value your feedback and suggestions, and we certainly value the opportunity to have you back in order to showcase a true Sanctuary experience. I am available to you, personally. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should your travels bring you back Miami Beach at iluciano@meninhosptitality.com. I’m happy to handle your accommodations and to follow your stay. Having full knowledge of your concerns from this last stay, I’m quite certain that we can hit the mark next time around.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This did the job and wasn't overpriced. Reception very helpful and a good location to South Beach. The rooms could maybe do with a bit of a renovation but that's not to say that there is anything particularly wrong with them.

I would stay here again if in Miami.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for you review. Please let me know what could we have done in order to make your stay a "5 star experience". You can email me at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best room and rate for your future visit.

Castelfiorentino, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

the general service was good specially the helpfulness of the concierge but the breakfast quality was poor. no bread at all, no hot milk, no kind of salty food and the jam was really poor. it can be easily improved

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I will definitely look closer to your review and work on improving all the points you mention.

We hope you give us another chance in the near future.Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to book your next stay.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed for 3 nights in late June. We arrived and went through some of the check- in process before being told to come back because our room wasn't ready. On returning we had to go through the process again with a different guy (same questions), there was then an issue with the system so it took around half an hour. Although it was annoying and an inconvenience the staff were very apologetic and offered us a free drink at the bar that evening.

On entering our room it was lovely and spacious but it was quickly apparent there was a bug infestation. They were all over the bed, in it and under the pillows. The bed obviously hadn't been changed for a long while, which was strange as we had been made to wait for a room in the first place.

I spoke to the manager who did find us a new room although he wasn't particularly apologetic.

The room was lovely to look at but in reality it was worn, not particularly clean and generally in disrepair. The 'steam shower' didn't have the correct buttons to work, the toilet roll holder didn't stay in the wall properly, the balcony doors didn't close or lock (kept in place by a block of wood) and the lovely big television didn't have any channels and therefore was useless.

The location of the hotel was absolutely great, only round the corner from the beach and right in the middle of the main tourist areas. Furthermore the staff were lovely, the guy on the front desk personally rang our room to apologise for the bugs which was very kind of him, he was also very helpful with recommendations and helping us get across to the sister hotel. 'The gale' is a very short walk away and has lovely rooftop swimming pool and a gym. I would definitely recommend staying there.

Unfortunately on returning home I realised i had left a fairly expensive bikini in the bathroom of our room. I immediately emailed explaining where I had left it and if it could be arranged to have it returned. I am yet to receive a reply over 3 weeks later.

I had read reviews that suggested some of the staff were not entirely honest and prefer not to take too much notice, however when no one has got in touch about my missing belongings after so long I do start to have questions.

Overall this hotel is in a great location, the front desk staff we came into contact with were lovely and very helpful.

I am not a 'picky' traveller but this hotel is not worth what we paid for it. Of the 9 hotels we stayed in of very varying quality over a three week period this was by far the most disappointing. It is worth getting a lower rated hotel for less money that would be in better condition.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for your review. I looked into our emails and I did not see any email requesting a bikini. We do have it here in our lost and found. We have been calling the number you provided and it is disconnected. I also emailed you, and it looks that the email provided belongs to another person.

Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to take care of this asap.

Ignacio Luciano

Been to Sanctuary South Beach? Share your experiences!