“Great stay, great location, some places for improvement” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1745 James Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #77 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Francisco, California
“Great stay, great location, some places for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Great things about this hotel
- excellent location
- extremely friendly and helpful front desk staff
- fairly big rooms
- steam sauna in the bathroom!
- living room to entertain guests
- atm in hotel
- since we arrived very early they were kind enough to let us use the hotel bathrooms to change and stored our luggage while we hungout at the beach

Not so great things about the hotel
- no chance for checking in anytime before 4pm (unless you pay)
- they try to put you on 1st floor, ask for 2nd
- stuff included in the resort rate were poor (breakfast, k17 beach club - looks or feels nothing like the listing on tripadvisor)
- hotel bar and rooftop pool are a bit run down. better off hanging out at their sister hotel Gale.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor, and away from the street (closer to the roof pool and deck for easy access...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear your experience was not 100% satisfactory. We are currently working on updating our policies and services. Please give us another change, and I assure you will have a great time.

Best Regards,

Ignacio Luciano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Fort William, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in early April and was fortunate enough to be up-graded to a beautiful room; so far so good. Within a couple of hours of checking out I discovered I had left behind a couple of cashmere sweaters ( of great sentimental value to me, too personal to go into in a review). I immediately contacted the hotel to requested that they forward them to me at my expense and I awaited some kind of response to my request. Hearing nothing I contacted them on another two occasions before receiving a reply to the effect that they had looked but no sweaters. Had they checked when requested they would surely have found them. Today I read a review of another person losing a valuable sweater at this hotel. I would raise the question are the two connected or is this purely co-incidental.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest

We truly appreciate your feedback. I want to apologize for the inconvenience in your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. We tried to manage this situation with the utmost delicacy. I can assure you with followed up with housekeeping department and did investigations on the matter. However we not able to recover any items from the rooms or lost and found that matches your description.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I left NYC on March 5. Stayed one week in Mexico and 5 nights in Pompano Beach hotelwithout any problems whatsoever
On 3/17/14 I arrived in a rental car at the entrance to the Sanctuary Hotel. The bellman removed two suitcases and a backpack from the trunk. I then parked the car and went to the reception desk to register. It took about 15 minutes from the time the bellman removed the baggage from my car.until I was taken to my room.
I was surprised that the bellman and my luggage were not waiting for me at the reception desk.after I had parked the car and entered the hotel.
The reception manager had given the bellman the key to my room while I was parking. The bellman took my luggage to room 208 and left it there.
When I entered the room, my two suitcases were there,but not my backpack which contained my passport, some credit cards, cell phone, cash, and documents with a total value of $4300.
The bellman insisted that there had not been any backpack. After asking to see surveillance film, I was told that the hotel surveillance cameras were out of order. I immediately reported the loss to the Miami Beach Police.
Mr. Manin, the owner of the hotel, told me on the phone that he did not become involved in thefts from any of his four hotels and that I should deal directly with the manager of the hotel.
After two weeks, the manager sent me an email that he had “statements” from the employees indicating that they did not steal my backpack. I pointed out to him that because they had so much to lose, it would be highly unlikely that any employee would admit to the theft.
After that, all of my efforts to contact the Manin Hospitality Group were ignored

. Because I am 80 years old and was traveling alone, I believe that one or more of the Sanctuary hotel employees decided that I would be an ideal target to rob. If they insisted that there had been no backpack, it would be difficult for me to prove that there had been a backpack with all of my valuables in it.
Please note that another guest had a $200 sweater stolen from his room in February 2014.

Max Pine, NYC ___________
April 26, 2014

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

It was my first time staying at this amazing boutique hotel. I stayed in their 2 bedroom suite, which has just been completely renovated. Sanctuary offers outstanding customer service and very friendly staff! It's located only two blocks from Lincoln Road and one block from the beach. This is my new favorite Miami South Beach hotel.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is outstanding
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

In the name of the entire Sanctuary South Beach staff, we want to thank you for your amazing 5 star review. The Sanctuary Team was extremely grateful to read your review. We would like to invite you to stay at the Sanctuary in the near future, please send us an email at sanctuaryreservations@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best deal.

Best Regards,

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed at The Sanctuary in December '13 and loved it so much I booked another trip to go back as soon as I got home. I absolutely love love love the location. It's just a 5 minute walk to Lincoln rd, collins and 15 minutes to Espinola. The only cab we had to take was to the airport and Fontainbleu. My favorite club in South Beach is Wall at the W Hotel and is only a 5 minute walk away. You can't beat the value, location and service that this amazing brings. Thank you to Carlos and Luis my new friend's, I will be back as soon as I can!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for this amazing review on Tripadvisor. I am extremely happy to hear your recent experience at the Sanctuary was absolutely lovely. I will definitely share this comment with the entire hotel staff. We look forward to welcoming you at the Sanctuary South Beach in the near future. Please email me at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

Manhattan ad Maas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

nice hotel, great service, perfect location and very nice ammenities
near lincoln road mall and the beach, with good beach service
nice rooms and friendly staff
valet parking accross the street
breakfast sufficient and lovely fresh waffels

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your nice words regarding your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. I am glad to hear our perfect location and good service met your expectations. I hope you stay with us in the near future. Please send me an email at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Sanctuary immensely. The suite was spacious, and the minimalist design was cool and relaxing. The location is close to Lincoln Rd., the Bass Art Museum, Collins Ave., and the beach. There's a beach club 4 blocks away that will set you up with lounge chairs and towels. (A $15/day resort fee covers the beach club, WiFi, and breakfast.)

What made my stay at the Sanctuary most special, though, was the warm, attentive service from Maria, Luis, and Eddy. For instance, I requested a wine glass and a cork because I had opened a bottle of sparkling wine, and they were sent up in minutes. (It was even a sparkling wine glass.) The guys who worked at the beach club were great, too.

I will recommend staying here to friends who visit Miami, and I hope to return.

• Stayed April 2014
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest

In the name of the entire Sanctuary South Beach staff, we want to thank you for such lovely review on Tripadvisor. The front desk team is always at your service and I am very glad to hear they made your stay the "most special one".
I hope yo welcome you at the Sanctuary in the near future, for another Lovely stay. Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

Best regards,

Ignacio Luciano

Been to Sanctuary South Beach? Share your experiences!