“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Both the service and the location of this hotel are wonderful. I purchased the rooms through Groupon at $99/night. I wanted to add an additional night after the deal was over, and MIKE was excellent in accommodating a great rate. Prior to being able to book the extra night I called 2 or 3 times, and Mike was the only one that settled everything. Also, at some point during our stay, the front desk wasn't able to locate our key, and Mike was the one who resolved the problem the next day. He was very helpful and full of great suggestions!

Management, if you are reading this, you should give him a big promotion! :)

The awesomeness of this hotel entails its
1. proximity to the beach -- just 2 blocks away.
2. availability of a microwave in the room -- so you can buy TV dinners in CVS and save money on crazy-priced Miami dining.
3. balcony! Personally, this is a must for me. There aren't a lot of rooms in Miami where you can get a balcony room, especially at a reasonable price.
4. access to the pool on the roof top (very shallow) and at a rooftop of the hotel across the street (beautiful view, great pool, games and drinks available at the poolside)
5. the room has a bedroom (with a TV) and a little living room/kitchen area (ALSO with a TV)
6. continental breakfast included - cereal, muffins, croissants, coffee/tea/juice/milk, cream cheese, jelly, danish, fruit.
7. restaurant available on site- has great reviews.

Room Tip: Second floor is great - there is an inner yard so if you are on the second floor you get a view of t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlos D, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for this most rewarding feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is to create fond memories for our guests, and we are truly delighted to learn that Michael has accomplished this for you. We sincerely appreciate your flattering compliments about our rooms, location and accommodations and hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. Restaurant was beautiful and hotel decor was very nice. Modern and beautiful. However, the renovations were done so cheaply that the place is falling apart. The shower handle to turn on the water broke off and the faucet was loose. The bed was of the worst quality and uncomfortable. Not to mention it squeaked quite a bit. Reminds me of my college dorm bed 15 years ago. But the location was great. 2 blocks from the water. For the price, it's hard to beat. Parking was steep, $30 a night across the street. I'd probably stay here again cause of overall value.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay, as your comments are important to us. We are saddened to learn of your dissatisfaction with the accommodations. We do our absolute best to ensure all guests are comfortable and content during their stay. We hope for an opportunity to provide a more enjoyable experience for you in the near future.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a weekend to celebrate my birthday with some friends. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room... Living room and kitchen in the front with the bedroom separate from that space. The restaurant at the front is VERY busy and made it awkward to check in. The rooftop pool is small but was empty of guests so we had a great time. As a Miami native I have to say thus location is great. Walking distance to Lincoln Rd (full of shops and restaurants) and literally a block from the beach. They informed us of access to a nearby pool and we have to say that was the best perk. That pool had great loungers, provided guests with sun lotion and Popsicles. It also had great rooftop views and a bar. We love south beach and enjoyed our staycation at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent stay. I am delighted that your overall experience was a great one and you were able to take advantage of all the perks we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel was booked on Hotwire for a girls weekend getaway. The price was low compared to other South Beach hotels, but clearly, you get what you pay for. The hotel is in a good location but the service needs improvement. Upon checking in and inspecting the room, it was modern but slightly run down or just not clean enough (stains on furniture, bedding, and bathtub). It was big with a separate sitting area with a kitchenette. There were no washcloths present in the room and we had to ask for them every single day that we were there. Housekeeping did not clean our room until after 6pm on most days. I was told that there was going to be a sofa bed, but there was just a sofa that I was told could be used as a bed when sheets were added. The pool on the rooftop is so small that it is only for wading (like a big whirlpool). Fortunately, we were told that we could use the pool down the street at their sister hotel (a really nice rooftop pool). There was daily breakfast which consisted of old cereal, muffins, and waffles. We also saw other guests complaining about their rooms and the service as well. Overall, not a 3 1/2 star hotel; more like a 2 1/2 star!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I want to apologize for any inconveniences encountered with our services. Our goal is to provide service that is above and beyond guest expectations, and it is unfortunate that we did not achieve this during your stay. I promise to look into these matters and if given the chance to serve better, we will not let you down.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My name is Shamra Ennis and I stayed at the sanctuary for my first time in South beach. The people there were extremely nice and welcoming. Anytime we needed anything they would be quick to respond and did everything they could to make our stay as nice as possible. Especially Jose Llerena who always made sure we had the best of everything. He was a highlight of our trip, he was super friendly, always greeted us with a smile, and very accommodating. I can't wait to come back and spend more time in South beach!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Carlos D, General Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us!! Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your review. I will be sure to pass this recognition on to Jose. We look forward to your next visit!!!
Oakwood,Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This appears to be a remodeled apartment building so all the rooms are suites overlooking a small courtyard. Kitchenette has small sink, refrigerator and microwave with lots of cabinets. All maintenance needs were addressed quickly, while we were out of the room. We were there in a block of rooms for a wedding and felt it was a great value in the heart of South Beach. The big surprise was the restaurant, Ola, located in the lobby. It was amazing on all levels and pricey. We felt it was one of the best places we ate at in SOBE. Maria at the front desk was always helpful and the staff was always friendly. There is a small pool and lounging area on the roof that was fine for us when we weren't at the beach. The beach was a short walk down 17th St from the hotel. We had a great time here and will be back.

Room Tip: Corner suites have a view. All rooms have terraces but most face the building next door.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and I booked SSB for an economy vacation. For the hotel price on SOBE, I did not expect much. To my surprise, the hotel was intimate and trendy. The staff was friendly and accommodating. especially Maria and the maintenance guy. My room was on an upper floor, so I was not affected by the restaurant noise. The room was larger than a regular hotel room. In fact, the night before checking in to SSB, we stayed at a popular hotel brand for twice as much, and it was far from the beach. At SSB, the rooms do not have a card key but an actual key. I thought that was cool. Two tvs were helpful because three of us shared the room. The location was within walking distance to the beach and bus route. I was disappointed in the scarce complimentary breakfast because this hotel has a full-service restaurant. Also, the hotel could use a few updates but it was not disruptive to my enjoyment. Overall, I had a great experience and will definitely return and recommend SSB.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the restaurant. Some rooms have larger balconies
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sanctuary South Beach? Share your experiences!