“Really good food. Interesting presentation.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Barton G. The Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #275 of 871 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Court
Description: Barton G. The Restaurant fuses contemporary American cuisine with over-the-top presentations. A perennial favorite with locals and tourists alike, Barton G. The Restaurant serves up memorable food in sexy surroundings. Signature dishes includes Popcorn Shrimp (served with real popcorn) and the Chocolate Fun Do, four pounds of melted chocolate with mini dippables. “A perpetual party,” raves the Miami Herald. “The most daringly and delightfully different restaurant in Miami Beach,” says the Miami New Times.
Pittsburgh, PA
“Really good food. Interesting presentation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The reviews are what made us decide to trip Barton G. The combination of folks raving about the food with the fun that they were having with the presentations has to us so curious, we couldn't pass this up. We were not disappointed. Barton G is a pretty fun place. It's not quit casual enough or cheap enough for it to be a total blast though. The decor is smart and neither adds to or takes away from the overall experience of the place- I'm saying this as a good thing.
Instead of traditional menus, they use tablets to display the menu. This is neither a good thing or a bad thing, it just is. The only drawback that we experienced was sharing it. Basically is had to be in the middle so we could both see it or we had to take turns. We worked it out.
The drink menu includes very cool frozen alcohol concoctions. That is notable because you can't normally freeze alcohol- they use nitro to do it. A lot of folks I noticed commented on the price for these. Here's my take- the drinks were good, it's Miami, the nitro drinks had a double shot- the price seemed right in line considering these things. Having said that, now that I've tried one, I probably wouldn't pay to get another. They had plenty of other great selections.
The food was, simply put, excellent. Everything we had was excellent. We shared the raging risotto, the truffle lobster mac n cheese, and the short ribs. I really can't express to you how well executed each of these dishes were. They tasted more amazing that you could imagine but just as you expected. At the end of the day, we'll come back for the food and not the presentation.
Each dish has a very fun presentation. I saw folks in groups having a very fun time with each of the props that were part of the presentation. It was very fun, don't get me wrong but with food this good it was unnecessary. Although I would imagine in Miami you must do what you must do to get them in the door....and it did work with us!!
We considered dessert but opted not to. They recommended the chocolate whatever thing. I find that almost every restaurant we go to recommends the chocolate whatever thing. I like chocolate ok...but I find it to be uninspiring and lacking originality. I like it when a place has and recommends things other than the chocolate whatever thing. Since our very good server talked up the chocolate whatever thing so highly, it didn't sound like a good bet to try anything else....and quite frankly the portions were so, so generous dessert wasn't necessary.
The only drawback is the parking in the area...although I swear I could say that about almost every great place we went to on this trip. The parking in the neighborhood is residential and requires a permit and the metered parking is limited and costly. We ended up doing the valet which was $15. The valet was friendly and quick.
When we come back to Miami we will come here again. I recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013

San Lorenzo, California
“Fabulous Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Love Barton G!!!!! This place is the best! The service is good, the food is fabulous bad tasty!
Overall the dining experience s great! I love this restaurant and will visits anytime I am in Miami!
Highly recommend this place!!!

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Did. I. Just. See. That?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

'What? How? No way?! How much!!!!'

I'd tell you to prepare yourself, but really there's no way to do so for Barton G's. This place is, simply put, outrageous in all aspects. And I mean all.

Let's start with the drinks: they come with their own fog machine! Not really, but close. They have a nitro concoction that oozes out vibrant colors and sweet-smelling smokey goodness. The Zentini, Budhalicious and Pink Elephant are the ones to look out for.

Apps: yum! My absolute favorites were the tipsy tuna and crispy voodoo shrimp! So, so freakin' good. The shrimp only come three to a serving, so consider order more if needed. The tuna is a small portion, but so worth it.

Entree: will that fit on my table?! Yes, actually. I ordered the shrimp and steak special and it came complete with an Elvis cow. Yes, an Elvis cow. My friend ordered the tuna and that came with its very own samurai sword. I really loved what I had, but the prices also account for the crazy show. If you understand what I'm saying.

Dessert: WOW! Cotton candy that's bigger than you've ever imagined and the purebred pudding is delicious!

Overall: If your'e looking to impress, this is the place to do it. Never been to a place like it before, probably will never encounter another place like it again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belchertown, Massachusetts
“Must Do While in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wicked cool spot! The food, service and atmosphere is outstanding every item on the menu from the drinks to food is presented in an unbelievably cool fashion. From sparklers, to dry ice you name it this place has it all.

You have to get here its a wicked cool place!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The food, drinks and presentation at Barton G is incredible.
The restaurant concept will make you want to order as many different items as you can.
You are guaranteed to feel food envy with every dish that comes out as each one looks different and is as over the top as all the rest.
Make sure you try the Nitrogen cocktails!

• Visited August 2013