“Wonderful Italian in a Warm and Inviting Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Atlanta
“Wonderful Italian in a Warm and Inviting Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My husband and I travel quite a bit and always seek out the best local Italian. Last night, we dined with Gilbert and his wonderful staff. The food was delicious-the service was top notch-the atmosphere comfortable and welcoming. I highly recommend O de T and look forward to coming back the next time we're in SOBE. Don't be lured to the over-priced tourist traps-take our word for it, this is a winner!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This restaurant was a welcome find for us. We were craving decent 'homemade' food with fresh ingredients and we were not disappointed. I found this gem on google (!) and although its location wasn't brilliant we looked at the money and were met by an extremely helpful restaurant manager who had passion for his restaurant so we booked!
The staff were brilliant and once we were inside the manager continued to show his knowledge and passion for the food and his restaurant.
A family of five we chose the seafood soup which was amazing and various Italian main courses some of which were not even on the menu and were made especially for us.
The food was good and if I ever returned to Miami I would definitely be visiting again.
Unfortunately our youngest son wasn't well (had been off all day)so he had to leave early with my husband. We were shown beautiful homemade deserts and if the other two had still been with us we would definitely have treated ourselves but we were so satisfied anyway we passed.
What a lovely find for our last night in Miami. It was well worth every penny and considering the two previous evenings we had dined in two 'top' Miami restaurants which were ridiculously over priced (double this one) with dreadful service and horrible food there was just no comparison in what we were served here.
I highly recommend.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oak Park
“Totally great Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Delightful Italian food, great ambiance, first class service.
Albert (the owner and MD) and the waiters (like Rafael) are very welcoming, they really make you feel special.
The Lobster salad is extraordinary, the classic and specialty pastas are like home made. All we ate is very well made and presented.
I will go there avery time I can, highly recommended

Visited August 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Friendly staff, amazing meal!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We chose this place based on trip advisor reviews and I'm so glad we did. The restaurant is very old (appearantly it's been around for 20 years) and the staff are super friendly. For appetizer we ordered the lobster with mango and avocado salad special. What can I say?!! It was a symphony of flavours that worked out perfectly. One of the most delicious plates I've ever had. For main course I had the black ink fish and crab ravioli. The pasta tasted so fresh. It was a touch too salty but was still so delicious. I was full halfway through the plate (large portions) but I still finished it. My husband had a rack of lamb and a side order of vodka sauce penne. He said it was the bast lamb he's ever had and I agree. For desserts we had the tiramisu and the apple tart. The tiramisu was very good but not the best I've had. And my husband liked his apple tart.
I would return to this place to try other things.

Visited August 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
“As good as it gets outside of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Osteria del Teatro is one of the few restaurants in Miami that has survived for more than 20 years and it is because they have preserved their excellence in Italian food and great service. I have been dining at this restaurant since it opened and I can say the food has only gotten better through the years. The neighborhood has definitely changed since the early South Beach days but this Italian gem in the middle of one of the busiest streets in South Beach has been able to retain its title as one of the top Italian restaurants in Miami. My all-time favorites are the Lobster-Mango Salad, and the Pappardelle with Lobster, both to die for. Oh, and don't forget to save room for the best Tiramisu in town!

• Visited July 2014