“Perfect evening” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Houston, Texas
“Perfect evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I brought my wife and kids to Miami for the first time so wanted the stay to be memorable. After long day of driving we finally decided to check out good restaurants on Miami Beach and came across Osteria del Teatro. It's a small busy place but the restaurant owner greeted us with so much affection that we were looking forward to the food and service. Servers are fluent in explaining every dish, which pardon me went over my head but do check their daily specials. Few recommendations are baked shrimp, rack of lamp, Chilean sea bass and for the sweet lovers Tiramasu and Flan. Restaurant is a bit pricey but its complete value of money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Miami Beach, Florida
“THE BEST ITALIAN ON THE BEACH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've been coming to Osteria's for 22 Years now. I would say most of the waiters were there from the beginning. I've never been to another establishment where I can go in having not dined for three years and one of the waiters not only greets me but remembers the wine, the whole wheat pasta with porcini marinara sauce that I cannot resist and the stuffed shrimp appetizer that I occasionally allow myself to indulge. Dino's friend catered my bar mitzvah (that's how much my mother loves this place). I cannot remember ever dining at another establishment when there was something to be celebrated or a cherished friend or relative came into town. Impeccible service and quality of food that is insurmountable, you can always count on Osteria's to deliver. Yeah, the tiramisu is all that and a bag of potato chips!!!!!

Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I visited Miami recently,and we ate at this restaurant,no reservations,busy placed but the staff take care ot you,Carpaccio,and everything also was delicious,keep the good work and most of all keep it clean...............

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lakeland, FL
“Excellent Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was a little surprised at how small the restaurant was, so make sure you have a reservation, especially on the weekend. They don't take reservations online. The atmosphere was fun, some what romantic, but not too formal. Service was great, our waiter was helpful and prompt. The food was excellent. My husband and I shared the polenta with mushrooms as an appetizer. He had pasta filled with veal, and it was pretty good, but the flavor was a little overpowering. I had the fettuccine carbonara, which was very good. For dessert, we had the tiramisu, which my husband said was probably the best he's ever had. Overall, it was a wonderful dining experience, and we will definitely be eating here again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wolfville, Canada
“Speed of service was disappointing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

After checking our restaurant options from home and seeing the positive reviews for this establishment, we made a reservation a few weeks before our trip to Miami Beach. This is an active place, and there is no shortage of friendly and efficient staff looking after you, so much so that it feels very rushed and the food comes quickly, so there is little time between courses to even catch your breath or have a few sips of wine. We did enjoy most of our food; my husband was thrilled with his sea bass dish and I enjoyed a new fish I had never tried, called brancino. The salads were good, but not stellar and the caramel flan, was ordinary.

• Visited February 2013