“Excellent Joe's stone crabs and excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 829 restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Description: A landmark known for stone crabs, fine food and outstanding service. Started in 1913 and still owned and operated by the same family. Joe's provides the freshest stone crabs, seafood and more. Joe's Take Away is a smaller version of our original restaurant, which features all the specialities, plus amazing salads, sandwiches, specials and an early morning breakfast.
McLean, Virginia
“Excellent Joe's stone crabs and excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 NEW

We enjoyed succulent stone crabs at Joe's. We were fortunate to be seated right away in the bar area. Our server was attentive and quick. All to the appropriate level and timing ( we are not sure where some of the negative posts came from). Be sure to dress appropriately for the main dining area (if that is where you want to be seated - I wasn't - but the bar area and wait staff were just superb). A must see and dine experience for mainstay and attraction for Miami. Enjoy!

80% Recommend
“Disappointed...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 NEW

Heard about this place so many good things. Decided to try one day and when my friends came visit me we went there. We all love seafood, and I know for a good quality of food and service you gotta pay. But the service was terrible, we didn't feel like we were pleased to be served... And the food is so so. I was expecting something better for those prizes. You can try once but wouldn't come back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Not what I was expecting for 250$”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 NEW

I went to the restaurant expecting a great meal and willing to pay for it. Unfortunately I got a basic meal that I was not impressed by. The good was not that good, chicken was greasy, stone crab was not fresh, fish was ok, clam chowder was ok, salad was average, the best part was bread they served...

I was also disappointed by the receptionist. I DID NOT feel welcome and got the impression that this place makes so much money they can care less about you...

Personally I won't go back and would not recommend the place....

Huntington Beach,CA
“Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 NEW

I went here expecting some good food. The food was OK. The customer service from management was horrible. I have worked in the restaurant industry for several years. Apparently if you wear blue shorts you cannot go into the main dining room. That's not a problem except when you see a teenager with a family go into the family room with Grey shorts and flip flops. After asking the manager why they were able to go in and I wasn't, he said because I have "blue shorts". You could tell the people that work there probably don't like their boss. The bartenders were very nice and friendly. Now if they could only get their manager to be like them. Never will go back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Meal In South Beach!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 NEW

The food at Joes is excellent, but in my opinion, this is not what makes this restaurant a gem above the rest. That distinction comes from their attention to detail, superior professionalism and family like atmosphere. This was my first visit to Joes, but I promise it won't be my last.