“Good....” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 866 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Description: A landmark known for stone crabs, fine food and outstanding service. Started in 1913 and still owned and operated by the same family. Joe's provides the freshest stone crabs, seafood and more. Joe's Take Away is a smaller version of our original restaurant, which features all the specialities, plus amazing salads, sandwiches, specials and an early morning breakfast.
Miami, Florida
“Good....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stone crab claws are very good....but I hve to say NOT the best I've tried.......
I like the fact that they have the take out area where you can just get your food and grab a table.....very convenient, instead of the reservation and waiting at the restaurant...plus the tip!!!! - great way to avoid it all-
Overall a good restaurant... I like it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
“You have to be here ate least once.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Every day, fully packed.
You cannot make reservations,
You have to wait for 1 or 2 or 2 .5 hours.

So in short why go there?
aha got your attention now.
It's one of the oldest reastaurents of Miami, ofcourse some renovating has been done over the years, it' just a fun place to be.
Waiting at the bar, drink yourself into heaven with your G and T, have a chat with the other folks that are waiting and watch the crowd.
Finally your name will be called. What was it, did I call myself Donald Duck, Jeniffer A, Brit Pad or whatever...

Get seated and eat al the stonecrab you can imagine. What a night, perfect!

Visited October 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Joe's is always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Quality food and excellent service. Pricey, but worth it. I last visited Joe's 35 years ago, and it was the best then, although much cheaper. Tempus Fugit.

Visited January 2013
Milano - Italy
“Very Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

It it is good. Well known and in a exclusive area of South Beach, but very expensive. Long line and almost impossible to make a reservation.

Visited January 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Lived up to my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had tried several times to get to Joe's when passing through the Miami airport, but either time constraints or stone crabs not being in season had prevented it. I am glad we persevered and actually made it in for lunch when we were passing through Miami on a road trip to the Keys. I had the Joe's lunch special, which was stone crab, cole slaw, creamed spinach, potatoes and key lime pie for around $37. With the exception of the cole slaw, which the waiter warned me was not everyone's favorite, I really enjoyed my food. My husband, who is very picky about his seafood, declared the scallops to be the best he had ever eaten. My meal came with a half piece of key lime pie. I asked for 2 spoons, and instead the waiter brought 2 pieces of pie, without charging us for the second.

• Visited January 2013