“Best value south beach hotel in my opinion” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dorset Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Dorset Hotel
You added Dorset Hotel to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1720 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #112 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Best value south beach hotel in my opinion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Staying at this hotel for the 4th time. I first stayed back in 2010 and the experience was a little different. I consider myself bit of a south beach pro in terms of the amount of hotels I have experienced from 2 star to 5, and visited and seen many of the rooms in various hotels along Miami beach.

I first stayed in the catalina which is the main hotel for checking in etc but no longer the happy hour bar which i enjoyed a lot from 7-8, great for meeting people etc. I used to really like the bar staff but 3 years later they seemed to have changed for the worse, really unfriendly, arrogant and rude not sure what their problem is, mostly latin except for the boring Russian in the Dorset ? Why don't they have Friendly American staff, is it because the pay is low, this has happend in London.

The hotel is made up of 3, each next to each other but a little different in layout. Upon check in I requested a road facing room which they put me in the Dorset, definitely a better room than I had in the catalina, shower not that powerful but very comfy bed, big tv etc only niggle is no iPod dock which I think is a must these days. Roof top pool is nice but again crap staff. It seems this is the last priority for whoever runs the place these days. The maxine has a bigger ground floor pool, nice restaurant and a cool lounge for playing pool next to the bar.

It's my favourite hotel in south beach for many reasons, main one value, probably the best for the money you pay, a lot of hotels here are really good at ripping you off. It used to tick all my boxes but as I stated earlier the staff have really changed here, no longer friendly or engaging in any way, love to know the reason why this is the case. Also the location is very good.

The other thing which really bothered me is that you can't get a beach umbrella without paying 15 dollars up front which shouldn't be the case. Also there are 2 girls who stand in front of the restaurant menu who are great looking but so miserable and have as much charm as a snail.

Great value hotel but the staff really need sorting out !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Winter Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everything was great about our hotel! The location, right off Collins avenue in the heart of Miami Beach (South Beach) was great. The vibe was great. The rate was $100 (taxes included) was amazing! The room was great! The complementary drinks at the bar for 1 hour a day was generous. But, you know what? The cable in the room did not have ESPN!? Can you believe that? It felt like 1983 all over again. After coming back from attending the Gators and Hurricanes game, we wanted to watch another top 10 game in our room (because we were tired) just to find out they purposely don't put ESPN in your room. WHAT?? Guy at check in said the owner does it on purpose so that people will leave their rooms, come down to the bar or restaurant to watch the game and make more money for the hotel. Makes sense, but didn't meet our needs.

Room Tip: Try getting a room towards the back of the hotel away from the live DJ in the front. Ask owner for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
brooklyn,ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

we spent the weekend at the dorset hotel in miami and had a great time. I would def recommend this hotel if your not looking to break the bank while visiting miami. there's a great roof top pool with beds and a bar where you can relax, drink and interact with other guest of the hotel.there's also agreat bar in the looby along with sushi restaurant. you can go next door to the catalina and enjoy their pool and restaurants. it's a win win if you choose either of these hotels to enjoy your visit. we will be back!

Staff was GREAT!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
wilmington, delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My Boyfriend planned a birthday weekend away for me! We picked up our complimentary shuttle from airport to our hotel picked. Very large black shuttle. This was included in our Hotel fees. We were staying at the Dorcet that is apart of the South Beach Hotel Group. We checked in at the Catalina Hotel and we were upgraded due to my Birthday!! Our room was located in the Dorset Hotel. We walked next door thru a restaurant to find our room on the 3rd floor. We were in the Rock Star Room! It was large with a King Bed. A balcony overlooked the tree courtyard. Really nice!
We went downstairs to the hotels complimentary Happy Hour. We purchased thru Tyrelle a 2 hour all you can drink party followed by limo van ride to Club Set. The club was amazing great club music all night. Drinks were pricey. We didn't need any drinks due to our property festivities.
Sunday morning we used the hotels complimentary bikes to find our way to the Berkeley Cafe for Brunch this was under $35.00.
Relaxed by the roof top pool which was located on the top of our hotel! They offer a nightly Happy hour. The hotel offers nice seating outside. My boyfriend and I relaxed outside. We enjoyed happy Hour at the restaurant in out Hotel. Best prices for Sushi and drinks in the area I"m sure.
We enjoyed a pizza for dinner from Groovey's for under $15.00.
Chairs for beach as well as towels are available complimentary thru the hotel.
We took the their shuttle back to the airport. Overall, I'd tell anyone who wants to party stay at this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, a
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at The Dorcet for 3 nights, and it was amazing. The room artfully decorated and was very comfortable with a tempur-pedic mattress and luxurious comforter. The Kung Fu sushi attached to the building was delish, and had a great happy hour which included $4 rolls and $5 drinks, doubt that could be beaten anywhere in Miami, Beach. The bartenders gave us free drinks, which I though was because they were awesome because they were (Dennis and Alayna), but it turns out all of the bars owned by the SoBe company treat guests with free cocktails for an hour each day. I loved my time here and I will definitely come back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This is a really great hotel and the restaurant Kung fu sushi is amazing!! I def love this place! The rooftop pool is also a must visit very chill and super exclusive. But what I liked the most was the concierge services on their southbeachgroup.com website. They really helped me sort through...and pick the most exciting and fun adventures in south beach and surrounding Miami.

• Stayed October 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Classic South Beach hotel with Beverly Hills Service. Eddy at the front door sweeps you up from curb to room and manages to be there when you need anything. Angie the bar hostess and all the servers at the restaurant are attentive and engaging. No false attitudes. The rooms are well done and our delux king room had a wonderful tempurpedic mattress and soft comforter.

But, don't forget anything at the roof top pool; they have no effective list and found and instead swept everything into the garbage; 5 pairs of shooed, 4 tips, and a purse. The manager really was not effective dealing with that!

Japanese food in restaurant is excellent! Drinks are a bit pricey and the 18% gratuity is already included always... So additional tipping is on top of that, but they earn it with great service.

Looking forward to spending more South Beach Nights at The Dorset.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Dorset Hotel? Share your experiences!