“Nice meal and great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Nice meal and great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Party of 4, hungry and looking for a place to eat. We walked past and the atmosphere caught our eye. We were lucky as we had not reserved a table. There was no tables outside which would have been great. Tip get an outside table. Seated inside we had great service from the very beginning and this continued throughout the whole dinning experience. We ordered very simple meals and they were lovely. Not one of our party was disappointed.

“Avoid it!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Touristic trap, arrogant waters, the most uncomfortable dinning experience ever! We come from Europe, been to Italy many times and we know how an Italian restaurant should be. This is just circo massimo Italiano, Italian cuccina wannabe and non Italian waters who pretend they speak Italian but have no clue about it! The prices too high for what they offer and the service is the worst! Everything seems so fake. There were around 20 waters, one per each square metre and still we haven't been asked once if we are ok, if the food is fine or if we need anything else!they just seemed anxious to get us out of there and find other victims to fill their tables! Shame, it spoiled a very good evening for us..

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Decent all round”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

After the previous nights debacle (see Pepe Nero) We went out a little earlier as we had to fly home and found Espanola much quieter so we sat here whereas the night before it was packed. Our waiter was good and slightly jovial attitude of all the staff was a plus point for me. We went straight in with pasta dishes and declined starters and other appetisers, but this was taken onboard by the waiters and was not a problem. The food was good and portions plenty large enough. The prices were slightly high but not unexpected in this area. There was no particular hurrying to get us out as others have found, but it was not that busy at the time. Adding the tip to the bill is the norm in Miami - No I don't like it either but that is the way it is. I just don't leave any extra either. Would use again

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“While the food is good the overall experience left a bad taste in my mouth”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was happy to try out this cute restaurant in Miami Beach. After eating my meal I received my check, where a tip of 20% was automatically included in the bill for my table, which was a party of 1, just myself. Although I found the practice of an automatic tip on a table of 1 unusual I normally tip around 20% so didn't mind. However when I went to pay with cash I was asked if I wanted my change back, hinting at my including an additional tip. When I said yes and got my check back I clarified with my waiter that the bill I paid automatically included his tip. He mumbled yes, looked irritated, and abruptly turned away visibly bothered at my not included an additional tip on top of the 20% I already paid in cash. I have the feeling this is a common practice at this restaurant as I was never notified that tip was included in my bill, but only upon carefully looking at my check did I see this. Likewise the waiter acted as if tip was not included until I drew his attention to it. I make a conscious effort to support small businesses whenever I can. Feeling like there was an attempt to hustle additional money out of me means that I will not take my business to this small restaurant again.

Visited October 2013
Horn, Switzerland
“The first bad food in America - too expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was the first bad food after 2 weeks all around florida and it was sooo expensive. I cook better spagehtis at home in Italy by my self and the waitresses have been too noisi - it was just hurribel!! And then I was also sick for 4 days after I eat there - thank you ...

• Visited October 2013