“Variety” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Yuca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #240 of 841 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Doing business, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Drexel Ave.
Description: YUCA, an acronym for Young Urban Cuban-Americans, is widely known as being South Florida's original upscale Cuban restaurant featuring Innovative Nuevo Latino Cuisine or as the locals call it "Nuevo Latino." This style of cooking includes traditional Latin ingredients such as a plethora of textures, colors, and flavors that when combined creates a cuisine that is unique to anything offered outside of the Caribbean and Latin America.
Munich, Germany
“Variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Loved the menu options. Nice appetizer selection. MOJITOS were great! nice location. I got a waiter that didn't speak spanish though but I managed to get what I needed :) Went after watching Germany and it was great. A place i would suggest again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Good food ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Went for dinner last night and had a small tapas and a med size main each with a bottle of wine. Even though it's not the cheapest place on Lincoln the atmosphere was nice and paid $75 for two incl wine.

Montreal, Canada
“Cuban food that's really good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I must admit, after a few trips to Cuba, I had become disillusioned with Cuban food with its lack of freshness and taste. Well thank goodness for Yuca.

The food here is modern Cuban so you'll have classics such as fritas and tres leches cake but with a contemporary spin. Everything is tasty and well presented. There is also a tapas section in the menu. Cocktails are excellent - if you are a mojito fan, you won't be disappointed. Service is very friendly and the ambiance is club-like. They also have a nice terrace. Although a bit pricey, the quality of the restaurant is worth it. Out of all the great spots on Lincoln Road, Yuca is definitely a spot for a great meal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“No Bueno :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Poor customer service and $100 later we're not drunk and still hungry on south beach! Don't waste your time. Looks good from the outside looking in. Don't do it!!

Coral Gables, Florida
“A Yuca experience . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Went last night (06/17/2014) to have dinner with a friend. I ordered "Camarones Enchilados" ( spicy shrimp ) my friend the Mahi-mahi.

Was my first visit to Yuca. I don't like to BIG plates with the food in the center and seem that is average in all restaurants to impress the costumer with that... Yuca do the same.

The shrimp was eatable but not what I expect for the price I paid. I don't object if the food is excellent and worth the money. In this case I didn't get impress for what I ordered. My friend told me that his choice wasn't that great either. Average food with overprice bill. Hmmm.....

Then dessert. The apple dessert was what saved the night. And last but not the least : The service.. . our waiter was courteous, quick, and always on top of things ( he surprised me in reading my mind when bringing me an another Coca Cola without me need to ask him!! Good job!!!)

Will I invite a friend to eat at Yuca again?.....hmmmmm maybe I will try another choice.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Yuca? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Yuca, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.