“Van Dyke's Has the Best Burger I Have Ever Eaten!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Van Dyke Cafe - CLOSED

Van Dyke Cafe
846 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)
(305) 534-3600
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Neighborhood: City Center
Nashville, Tennessee
“Van Dyke's Has the Best Burger I Have Ever Eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I think Van Dyke's is my personal favorite of all the restaurant's on Lincoln Road. They absolutely have the best burger and fries I have ever eaten anywhere, and it is huge! We usually cut it in half and share. I believe the server told me it is 8 ounces, and I believe that. My daughter's favorite is the lobster ravioli, but I must say I've never eaten anything I didn't like there. I tend to order pasta when I'm not having the burger. Their Happy Hour is very good too; it doesn't have the variety of Nexxt, but the appetizers they have are great, especially the sliders with potatoes. That's enough for a meal, and only $6 at Happy Hour. My biggest regret is that they no longer have their red velvet cake on the menu! I had it my first visit, in 2007 I believe, and it was the best I have ever had baring, perhaps, the Cheesecake Factory. I understand they have a great jazz group that performs upstairs in the evening, but I have never been . I am a big music lover, but jazz is not my preference, so I haven't been there. You can't beat Van Dyke's, for a good, relatively inexpensive meal (at least for South Beach)!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sarasota, Florida
“Cabaret dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Pleasant evening, good atmosphere, massive portions, decent choice on menu. Food not bad! Mixed crowd, all ages and walks of life. Decent entertainment.

Visited February 2013
“Very good flavor -Good vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had the feta and tomato salad - it was fantastic. Stacked with layers of feta slices, yellow and red tomato topped with pesto sauce - very fresh and flavorful. Shared the Churrasco which also was excellent. Good night time people watching.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Food and service was inadequate.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I usually only write if we have a positive experience but there are so many places to choose from on Lincoln Ave. Nexxt (sp) is down the street and the food is much better.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Nice place to view people walking and have a Drink.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It is a nice place to have a drink and see people walking in Lincoln Road. Food is not great and very little options to share appetisers while having drinks. The fried Goat cheese is really good (appetiser) though.

• Visited February 2013