“An experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 875 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Edinburgh
“An experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Coming from Scotland we loved having the opportunity to experience a real American old style diner and it didn't dissapoint. Our waiter was so helpful explaining the menu to us. We had the ribs to start and they were delicious, in fact they were a meal by themselves. I had the turkey dinner which would have fed a family of four! My partner had the fish, fresh mahi mahi and he loved it. We were both stuffed by this point but felt we couldn't leave without trying the carrot cake and are so glad we did. It was really delicious and a huge portion which did both of us.
it is very reasonably priced compared to some other places we've been but the best thing is the building itself. It's just great to have a blast from the past.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food, great service, cool atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went here twice while staying in south beach. The shakes are so delicious, and I had a burger while my partner had a hot sandwich. Both meals were really good and a good serving size. The price is good as well for the food you get - it's a gem amongst other over priced places along the beach. It's also cool to experience a real american style diner as far as interiors go, and the menu has something for everyone. Definitely go there!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Derbyshire, England
“good food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Back in England, watching Diners, Drive-ins & Dives, Guy Fieri said to visit 11th Street Diner so 1st day in Miami we sought it out for breakfast - pleasantly surprised it was just round the corner from our hotel - The Tides. Just what I imagined an American diner to be. Really enjoyed my blueberry pancakes. My husband chose the 4 deuces and wasn't disappointed. We returned again the last day. Lots of choice on the menu. You should try here!

Visited March 2014
Mercer County NJ
“Not your usual diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is the surpise of Sobe. In its current incarnation, this classic building from PA serves up exceptional food at great prices in a relaxed atmosphere. Service is always personal and efficient. If weather is good, try the outside seating. The specials are often the way to go, and the desserts (I love the bread pudding) are among the best anywhere. We have been eating here for years, along with locals and savvy tourists, and it has never disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Decent meal at a decent price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The 11th St. Diner is definitely cool looking and has a large menu offering. We stopped for lunch and were seated quickly. The remainder of the service was on the slow side, though our server was courteous and polite. The food itself - my husband had the much hyped Argentinian Skirt steak with pasta and sweet potato fries. He enjoyed it very much and it was a large portion. I ordered a pear salad and I wouldn't probably spend the money on it again. It was just ok, and I didn't feel probably worth the price you pay for it. I would try something else next time. The diner itself has a cool old fashioned vibe and décor and is a cool experience.

Visited March 2014