“Didn't live up to its reputation...” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 876 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Pointe Park
Description: Relax in a steakhouse with a view. The Miami skyline and crystal waters of the nearby Government Cut channel set the backdrop for a lunch or dinner replete with timeless glamour. Our breathtaking location includes a waterfront cafe, outdoor patio, two floors of restaurant seating and water-view private dining rooms for groups from 20 to 450. Start or finish your evening at our fashionable Deco bar.
Asuncion
“Didn't live up to its reputation...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We went to dinner the other night and were not very satisfied with the overall experience; especially at the prices we paid. We got a great table outside with that awesome view they have. Lotta cats around although that didn't bother us; actually it was a conversation starter since we all remarked about how big they are.
It seemed like the wait staff knows they're getting that 18% included gratuity on an expensive bill so they're not trying too hard. Our waiter was nice but he barely ever came by to check on us so we were constantly flagging down other waiters to order another beverage or what have you. I ordered a drink from the menu (a Sazerac) and they had no idea what is was and when it finally came the waiter confirmed that they looked up how to make but they failed miserably.
As far as the food it was okay; the steak was good, not excellent; the swordfish had no flavor; and my tuna steak was basically six chunks of tuna tataki, not a big steak-size tuna like I was expecting. The truffled mac and cheese we ordered as a side ended up being everyone's favorite dish; which is unacceptable when paying $55 for a steak or swordfish in my opinion.
To resume, I won't be going back anytime soon. While it wasn't a bad experience by any means I expect much more when going to a restaurant with their reputation and also prices.

South Florida, Florida
“Great view and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We went here for a holiday party. Started with cocktails and appetizers on the deck and then dinner in one of the dining rooms. The service was good but the bartender did not know how to make a cocktail that is not too uncommon. When we told him how it was made, he responded with a bit of a condescending tone that he had never heard of it and almost insisted we had made it up. Other than this interaction, the night was good.

The bar closes promptly at midnight (on a Saturday) and we were finishing our cocktails when it was time to go. The staff tolerated us staying but was not happy we were there that late.

While it was a good experience, I don't think we will go back. For a nice dinner out, there are too many better places.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida
“The MOST rude, awful waiter in the WORLD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I TRAVEL ALOT and this experience is one I Will NEVER FORGET -TERRIFYING . I'm from Palm beach and a great friend of mine picked me up and wanted to take me to an early Xmas dinner in Miami ! Ok I was excited and impressed when he said Smith and Wollenskys . I had just been to the one in NYC, AWESOME meal and service.
1. We were greeted and followed the host for felt like a mile walk to our table . But when we got there our table it was facing the window and we got see all the cruise ships go out ! Only plus to this PRISON is the view
2. So I waiter comes over and asks what do we want to drink kinda like we were bothering him. The waiter was probably in his fiftys or sixtys. He didn't state his name and WE had to ask the specials. He acted like we weren't elite enough and yes I sported my best attire and Louis Vuitton . My friend and I both have been in the service industry for 20 + years my friend owned the hottest bar in sarasota ,Fl so we understand if u have a bad day but not when u pay $50+ for a steak .
3. I witnessed another waiter totally belittling a new busser/assistant. And yes the victim was African American . I was so embarrassed for this poor busser I actually told the manager . You think things can't get worse RIGHT? ... WRONG !
4. So we get our meals boxed except the meals never come back the waiter threw them away THEN blamed the African American busboy ! A half eaten veal chop and filet thrown away . The waiter just said sorry and just gave us the check ! OMG I lost it when I saw the tab was over $200 dollars and nothing not even a drink taken off ! We marched right up to the managers and they knew something awful had happened and took us aside comped the whole bill and of course said sorry. The should have payed us for losing 2 hours of our mini vacation we lost ! DONT go here to many options in Miami !

Fort Lauderdale
“Expensive, Medicore Food but Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I very rarely visit a steakhouse, but I wanted to do something special for my man, and since we were spending the weekend in South Beach, I figured a dinner at Smith & Wollensky, right by the water, would be a very nice gesture on my part.

Although I planned about a week before to have dinner here, mostly because of the ambiance; on the actualy night of out dinner it was really windy and regardless of all the planning, we ended up dining inside. Without the outside setting, Smith & Wollensky just wasn't very impressive and since we were seated in a small dining room, in a corner next to were they put the plates to serve and to clean, let's just say the ambiance wasn't for me.

This was Thanksgiving night and we already had a big lunch, so neither one of us was too hungry. Although it stopped us from ordering appitizers, it didn't stop us from ordering drinks. It's very cliche, but m drink of choice was a South Beach Mojito. It was a great cocktail, but I was disappointed in the size and the South Beach price.

Again, it was Thanksgiving, so service was a little slow and granted the restaurant was packed. They offered us the special menu, but I was not looking for a fluffed overpriced meal of turkey and stuffing and requested the regular menu. I ate theCoriander Seared Tuna, because it came with a jalapeno-lime sauce. Don't know why I said medum when I should have said rare so I was sad when it came and it was almost completely cooked (beyond medium). It was decent (could have been better had it been rare), but it I felt flavor wise it need a little something and I am not a fan of the thick cut.

My man, went for the Filet & Jumbo Stuffed Shrimp. He said the steak was good, but this is some high priced steak and at those prices, I was expecting a more excited reaction. The jumbo shrimp with lump crab meat was off the chain though (or so I thought).

Even though I dissed the Thanksgiving menu earlier on in the evening, I really wanted the Pecan Pie and our waiter made sure to accomodate our request. I loved it, but I am also obsessed with this dessert in general and try to get it any chance I can.

The food was enjoyable, but nothing worth seeking out and if it was only about the food, I would never go back there, but, in Miami Beach, Smith & Wollensky has an ideal location and it will always be a little inticing to stop in for a meal or even just for drinks.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Below expectations and previous visits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Place looks old and obviously needs a renovation. Meat was good but not great as supposed for this place. Service was ok. I won't come back.

• Visited November 2013