“Beautiful view by the ocean” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 876 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Pointe Park
Description: Relax in a steakhouse with a view. The Miami skyline and crystal waters of the nearby Government Cut channel set the backdrop for a lunch or dinner replete with timeless glamour. Our breathtaking location includes a waterfront cafe, outdoor patio, two floors of restaurant seating and water-view private dining rooms for groups from 20 to 450. Start or finish your evening at our fashionable Deco bar.
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Beautiful view by the ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The lighting was perfect, the music was smooth, the ambiance was great. The filet mignon was very tender and juicy. Sitting next to the water really adds that extra welcoming feel to the restaurant. I would definitely come here again!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best meal of the holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a fantastic place!

The staff were friendly & accommodating and we were sat at a lovely table inside. We had the choice to sit outside but it was just too hot.

The meal was perfect! The steaks were great and the wine recommended by our waiter was ideal.

I can't wait for our next visit.

Visited July 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1,947 helpful votes 1,947 helpful votes
“Great experience in spite of food and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This may sound pretentious, but those of who have read my reviews have realized that I am more of and "experience-based" contributor than a foodie. As an old school Zagat's follower I always evaluate on the food-decor-service format, but will typically overweight the decor and service items to get to the aggregate rating.

One of my favorite Miami outings it to go to Smith and Wollenskys for a late Sunday Lunch. Get a table by the window and watch the cruise ships steam out to the Caribbean. This is a very romantic experience for me on several dimensions: 1) I am a S+W fan from my early professional days in New York, 2) love the Caribbean and 3) have a second home in Miami. So to put it all together in one spot...I am naturally biased.

Having said that, the New York S+W did not travel well to Miami. Never did. Meats are bland and rely to heavily on sauces and herbs. The service is too "tongue and cheek" for my tastes. The servers are more pushy and less informative.

But the location is priceless. No other location like it in Miami. Very pleasant and ample dining area. Very well maintained. Great views...great people watching. Bar area and outdoor seating area is great and benefited from the South Pointe Park reformations. Very lively and fun.

I will always go back. If you manage your expectations, it will be a great experience.

Was this review helpful? Let me know...Thank you.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, FL
“Great steaks and sides, very slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I ate here on July 4th. We both had the filet and it was cooked to perfection. Our sides were the homemade mac and cheese and the green beans. Food was excellent and our waiter was very good, but you could tell they could not keep up with the amount of people. The booth in front of us ordered a cappuccino and waited 15 minutes before finally telling them to cancel it. When the fireworks started everyone stepped outside to watch them. It was a beautiful location right on the water and perfect for watching the fireworks. Go if you are ok with spending $50 for just the steak and have extra time to burn as the service is slow.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great food+horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The food is absolutely fantastic but then again it should be at those prices and as others have stated, dining seaside is very nice indeed.

Now for the service:
Waited 45 min. at the bar for a table we had reservered
Waiter at the bar was extremely arrogant and almost could not be bothered to tell about the wine selection when I darred to ask if they had a house wine
He made a Daquiri (after we explained to him that a Classic Daiquiry does not involve a blender and strawberries) that would have made most bartenders cringe
After waiting 25 min. at our table without menues, we managed to get the attention of a bustboy who got us menues and helped us with ordering food - our waiter was to busy to tell us about the specials.

As it is a place where the runners serve and clear the food, the only contact we had with our waiter was when he poured our wine and gave us the check.

Such a shame since S&W in NYC manage to deliver great food and fantastic service.

• Visited March 2013