“Beware of the claws” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Forge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 876 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Royal Palm Ave & Sheridian Ave
Sarasota, Florida
“Beware of the claws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Dined here last week and the dinner was absolutely first rate. I had two stone crab claws as an appetizer, and one of my guests had three claws as her dinner entree. When the bill came, we were charged $48 per claw! That's $240.00! I protested the following day to the accounting department and got the run around. Called again the next day; same run around. Called the following Monday and asked to speak to a manager. He said he would look into the matter and give me a call. He never did. I turned the matter over to American Express and expect the bill to be reduced. So if you go to The Forge, bring your wallet, and don't get clawed like I did. BTW, Joe's Stone Crab quoted me $89 for 3-4 jumbo claws, so $48 per claw at The Forge is outrageous. So is their lack of response to my complaints.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Fancy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am not into steaks so I can't really say but I loved their chocolate soufflé they are close to fountain blue hotel

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Zug, Switzerland
“Trendy, Pricy, Delicious...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

That restaurant you must go if you read this and follow such places like Baccarat Crystal Rooms both in Paris and Moscow or Paul Stark design places in London and Paris and anywhere else...
It's a kind of place you should go for the special event: Birthday, University, Wedding... Your guests would be impressed by default. Trendy chic design of the rooms: bra, candelabras, light, atmosphere - all and everything is special. Every room or cabinet is signature and just pleasure to be there.
Service and food is good. Vine card is just outstanding... Any French restaurant in Europe would be glad to have such variety of European raritets.
You don't forget this place anyway..

Poughkeepsie, New York
“110% Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Last weekend we were in South Beach and spent Friday, 11/8, evening dining at the Forge Restaurant. Anyone looking for a great atmosphere, great people and amazing food should check this restaurant out.
Happy Hour at the bar – probably the best in the area especially if you are a fan of Champagne - Veuve Clicquot – great specials. In addition, bite size appetizers were served. All of the bartenders were very friendly. The service was great. A DJ played excellent music to add to the already wonderful atmosphere.
Dinner was delicious. I choose the Pan Seared Black Groper. I’m very picky about my fish, I must say the fish tasted so fresh. Combined with the kale and black rice – WOW….

The wine list is extensive, but they also a lovely selection of wines by the glass.

This restaurant offers a truly wonderful, all around, dining experience. I can’t wait to go back..

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
fort lauderdale
“Good food and service but.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

All was good but the music was so loud in the dinning room I could not hear the person I was with.
We told the server and she said that is the way it is. It made the evening go sour
Because we were unable to hear each other or the server.the tables around us were also talking very loud,
So we could hear them because they were screaming.

Visited November 2013