“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

431 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tongue & Cheek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #331 of 871 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Avenue & 5th Street
Description: Equal parts killer neighborhood restaurant and cool, casual watering hole, Tongue & Cheek serves approachable, ingredient-driven, American fare with just the right amount of whimsy. Serving daily happy hour, dinner, and Saturday & Sunday brunch.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Wed night Happy Hour visit. Lady bartender very friendly and knew her craft. Had $2 beef cheek sliders and $5 heirloom tomato goat cheese appetizer. Both great. Good selection $5 pints of beers. Go again in a heartbeat.

Marietta, Georgia
“Smallest portions ever seen!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I'm going to start by saying the food was very flavorful. However, the portion sizes were tiny. They need to rethink their business model. We were a large group. Without our presence, there were less than 10 people in the restaurant at prime dinner time. The competition is too fierce in Miami to continue asking top dollar for minuscule dishes. It's a cool place but it could be so much more. If the model continues, I doubt they will be in business next year. Good luck T&C!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“Failed to deliver the hype. Simply overpriced.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Dinned here on my Bday with two lady friends after hearing much hype in person and via social media. The venue itself is nice, well decorated and relaxing inside. The service was prompt, attentive, and friendly. So clearly my foregoing issues are purely subjective to my particular palate, but seeing how my money is mine, I expect to be pleased when paying $30 plus for an entrée. Although some of the food was good, when taken in the context of the prices charged and given that one dish was completely inedible, the food over all failed to deliver what was expected. The best dish we had was the Chilled Oysters with Carbonated Cucumber Mignonette - this was by far the most unique and interesting dish. The oysters come rolled and sealed in a ball laid in the shell on ice. Its not the taste that is unique, but rather the consistency of the oyster itself in the way its prepared. The worst dish we had, that we couldn't even finish, was some kind of Foie Gras Mousse - paired with bread wedges and green apple slice, it was just terrible. Nothing of the classic foie taste was present, no buttery rich taste, rather whipped in form and bitter almost sour in taste. It really was one of the worst dishes I have ever had. For my entrée I had a pretty standard in flavor Grilled Skirt Steak entrée - what was unique and provided what I did enjoy about it was the pre cut ready to eat slices, tater tots, and mushrooms. This was paired with a la carte side dish of Brussels with Whipped Ricotta - tasty at first, but bite after bite revealed more of a burnt taste than any flavor. My immediate feeling was one of regret for choosing this venue for my Bday meal. I felt suckered for having spent so much money to leave not satisfied. I won't ever return.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Clam Choweder to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went for an early dinner, only had apps and a cheese platter then moved on. We only moved on because we were full! The staff is attentive and friendly. Clean, interior, great location.

Visited July 2014
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We absolutely loved this place. We love top chef and we were looking forward to visiting this restaurant opened by a top chef winner. We were not disappointed. The decor is beautiful, its rustic and modern, unique and different. It's a place I would love to go back to, I would recommend it to my friends and I would love to hold a big event in the private room they have in the back.
The bar is great as well, the bartender is a true mixologist where the drinks were refreshing and flavorful but also strong, you really feel like.
The food was great. The cauliflower is amazing, I thought I've had cauliflower in every preparation possible but this was different and delicious. Its the best when the chef honors the ingredients and surprises you with flavors. The mussels were great as well, the bread is fresh and crispy, the servers were very knowledgable about the menu and very nice. This is place you go to enjoy, not the place you go and say you want salad without this and dressing with that and change the dish to the point of no return. these dishes were carefully crafted and ingredients selected for the best combinations and I would really love to go back there soon.

• Visited March 2014