“WONDERFUL HOTEL , AMAZING STAFF AND EXCELLENT STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blanc Kara

Orbitz.com Booking.com
Blanc Kara
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   205 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (South Pointe)   |
Ranked #33 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Rome, Italy
“WONDERFUL HOTEL , AMAZING STAFF AND EXCELLENT STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I know this might look like the review from the owner of the business, but believe me it is not.
Nevertheless, I am the owner of a small inn in Roma and I can say I have some knowledge of the environment.
This is why I feel I want to submit this positive review on Blank Cara Hotel in Miami Beach, which will be useful to future guest-to-be.
I have been staying there for 15 days last December, and had previously booked online further to their quote for the period.
I was given the name of this hotel on a web site, and during the reservation process I directly dealt with the Manager, Cynthia, who has been very helpful.
The first thing that caught me from the very beginning was the delicate scent that was pervading all the communal areas.
I was welcomed and checked in by Yves, who immediately provided me with all the info needed for my staying. I was given room#204 on the 2nd floor.
I got positively impressed by the hotel, offering not simple rooms, but proper studios instead, newly redecorated and fully furnished with sofa, armchair, tv and a very comfortable bed. The studios offer also private bathroom with a huge shower, with all the possible items necessary for your staying.
The property is kept in a very tidy and clean status, and thorough cleanings are performed daily.
It is very conveniently located, but at the same time it offers the quietness and peace which are so hard to find in a busy and alive environment such as Miami Beach.
Everything is just a quick stroll from the hotel, either by walking or cycling, or by bus.
All the staff has always shown great attention to the guest’s needs, being very helpful and so kind at all the times . Annette, Cynthia, Sarah, Yves and Sterling have made my staying at Miami really unforgettable.
Absolutely recommendable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Cynthia L, General Manager at Blanc Kara, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Michele,

Thank you thank you thank you for such a wonderful review!!
We were so glad to meet you and to have you with us for such a long time.
And I'm so glad that you spent your well deserved holidays with us :-)

If we pass by Rome we will inevitably come to see you.
Let's stay in touch.
All the best from all the Blanc Kara team

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel has everything...it has a GREAT, great, great location.

It's brand new, it smells like a new car, like a new pair of nice shoes...everything is in flawless conditions.

The rooms are big, kitchen is fantastic with all the items you might need, bathroom is 5star.

Staff of the hotel is great, I received a package after I left the hotel to go to Mexico (it was a big package, it was luggage) and they kept it for me for 10 days until I came back to Miami, special thanks to Ariel.

If the hotel rate doesn't go too high, I plan to visit it each time I go to Miami. I highly recommend this place to all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jaypee,

I love your comparison with the new car or the new shoes ;-)
Thank you very much for such a nice review.
Please come back to stay with us next time you're in Miami.

See you soon
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I only stayed one night at this hotel but was very pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, the amenities and the service. The location could not be any better, just one block away from frenzy Ocean Dr. and just across from a fun restaurant The Big Pink. I hope to return for a longer stay but highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hi there,

Thank you so much, I truly hope you'll be able to come back for a longer stay next time.

Warm regards
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I am in general agreement with the other reviews: nice "SoFi" (South of Fifth) location, stylish new renovation, quiet, minimal breakfast and no swimming pool or other amenities. Unlike one of the reviewers, we had no customer service problems. Quite the opposite: the staff responded when we needed something, and remained quietly in the background the rest of the time -- perfect!

We were on the 3rd floor facing across the 10' gap to the adjacent building. (This is extremely common in South Beach, by the way, especially in the Deco District's historic buildings.) Being on the top floor, we still had good light. And on the 2nd & 3rd floors, the room layout provides for good acoustical separation: the long dimension is along the corridor and outside wall. The 1st floor, I have to think, is not so good, as the room setup is more typical for hotels (long dimension is the demising walls to neighboring rooms).

My primary concern for this hotel is that its chic look will be difficult to maintain. It's only 4 months old, but already the gorgeous black rug in our room wasn't quite perfect--no surprise, given that its solid color and multilevel pattern make it very difficult to vacuum! Already the main stair (painted glossy white) and the exterior entrance steps (painted black) show wear - again, not really a surprise given the paint choices. Already the Blanc Kara beach towel had a frayed edge -- now that they could fix.

I would also add that Miami Beach's bikeshare program, known as Deco Bike, really increases the viability of Blanc Kara's SoFi location. For example, from Blanc Kara, Lincoln Road is a 25-minute walk---but only 5 minutes on a Decobike, from a station a half-block south of the hotel. I did the $35/1-month membership (even though I was only in Miami Beach for a week), and I took the bikes all over the place--to the lovely, large public pool at Flamingo Park, to South Point Park to watch the cruise ships, to the Wolfsonian, to the beach, to Lincoln Road repeatedly, and so forth.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cynthia L, General Manager at Blanc Kara, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Skidrowe,

Thank you for your comments.
I'm glad to read that you had good service from our staff.
You are probably right, our chic look won't be easy to maintain but I can assure you we will do everything we can to keep it looking fresh and new as long as possible. It will take a lot of paint and cleaning but that's ok, we will handle that ;-)

All the best
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

If you are looking for a clean room, you have found it. It is not a B&B as a B&B has breakfast and coffee. Blanc Kara has a paper bag with a small danish and a croissant in it. Apples, bananas and oranges are free. For coffee there are 2 Nespresso capsules in the room. After that coffee capsules are $2.00. The only common area is the lobby where the attendant watches TV.

If you are looking for an amenity like cellular service, a view of something other than the side of a building 5 feet away, daylight, a place to sit outside during the day or evening, or wifi strong enough for your iPad to work in your room, this may not be the place. While Blanc Kara is new and clean, it is not the type of facility where you want to spend any time other than sleeping.

One issue was the air conditioning which has not had the fan speed adjusted. Expect a cold hurricane each time the ac kicks on. Don't worry. It is brief as all the air comes out quickly in an arctic blast and then stops.

Our friends had a deck off their room, one of 4 or 5 rooms that had a deck. That would have made things better. If you want to relax at the facility be sure to get one of these rooms. Otherwise there isn't anyplace to be outside at the facility except out on the sidewalk.

Room Tip: Get a deck if possible. It will provide a place to relax outside and may the stay enjoyable.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Ettiene,

You're right, we are not a B&B, we are a hotel.
It's a mistake that I asked Trip Advisor to fix, it should be done shortly.
I am sorry that it confused you.

We will be stopping the breakfast in 2 weeks, it was just a little something we were offering our guests for free.

Kind regards
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel is a hidden jam. The location is perfect: quite part of South Beach, yet easy walking distance to all the major attractions. All rooms are suites, with sitting areas and kitchens. Many nice touches: Nespresso machine in a room, comfy bedding, quality toiletries. All looks clean, new and very tasteful. We didn't have any issues with customer service or front desk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cynthia L, General Manager at Blanc Kara, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Hello Yanka,

I am very pleased to read your kind review, thank you so much.
It's great to know that you enjoyed our rooms and our service.

Thanks again and please come back to see us soon.
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel itself was fabulous and the location is amazing (I only stay south of fifth in the quiet area). It is new, free wifi and breakfast, beautifully decorated and clean room and a great price. The only area that needed improvement was the customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Chewclue,

Thank you for your review and your feedback, it's important to us.
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with our customer service, maybe you could tell me what went wrong so that we can improve ourselves?

Warm regards
Cynthia

Been to Blanc Kara? Share your experiences!